• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jiak Mooi tonight for a respite..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Decided to come cLean tonight after having aLL the guiLty stuffs' over the past 2 weeks..:wink:
I Love my pLain porridges with chai poh neng, tau rhu, braised peanuts, kiam chye; wha'ts yours ?

por_zps3fd399f0.jpg

:wink:

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i love plain porridge with fermented beancurd and a little sugar on top.

p1_7_b.jpg

Last edited:

ShangTsung

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Decided to come cLean tonight after having aLL the guiLty stuffs' over the past 2 weeks..:wink:
I Love my pLain porridges with chai poh neng, tau rhu, braised peanuts, kiam chye; wha'ts yours ?

Plain mooi? Intro some ingredients.

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal
Plain mooi? Intro some ingredients.

Yes, after the mooi is cooked, can add mince meat, button mushrooms (or even ordinary fresh or dried mushrooms), some sliced fish, some chang (spring onions) and even some soya bean curd. Add a dash of cooking oil and sesame oil, put all to cook for a few more minutes and it will be ready. By the way, if not so much water is used, the mooi will be come thicker and with the ingredients above, it will taste wonderful.

Of course, this is not Teochew mooi.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:.

Why not try for the next change?

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes, after the mooi is cooked, can add mince meat, button mushrooms (or even ordinary fresh or dried mushrooms), some sliced fish, some chang (spring onions) and even some soya bean curd. Add a dash of cooking oil and sesame oil, put all to cook for a few more minutes and it will be ready. By the way, if not so much water is used, the mooi will be come thicker and with the ingredients above, it will taste wonderful.

Of course, this is not Teochew mooi.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:.

Why not try for the next change?

Bro, just by adding bits of tang-chye & dried siLver fish into your porridge aLso damned shiok !..:wink:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

por_zps3fd399f0.jpg

i totally agree
have been eating too much sinful delicacies
this is pure delight - simple plain teochew mooi:smile:

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, just by adding bits of tang-chye & dried siLver fish into your porridge aLso damned shiok !..:wink:

Thanks for your suggestions.

My own way of eating mooi is to avoid adding in any preserved or salted items, although they may taste nice. Thus, I always put in minced meat, fish or even green vegetables like puay leng. A little sesame oil and light soya sauce are added to give the mooi a tangy smell and taste.

To each his own taste.

Cheers!!!:biggrin:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks for your suggestions.

My own way of eating mooi is to avoid adding in any preserved or salted items, although they may taste nice. Thus, I always put in minced meat, fish or even green vegetables like puay leng. A little sesame oil and light soya sauce are added to give the mooi a tangy smell and taste.
To each his own taste.

Cheers!!!:biggrin:
Bro, puay Leng cant make it Leh..they'd get 'meLted' so easiLy..but then; to each his own.:smile:

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, puay Leng cant make it Leh..they'd get 'meLted' so easiLy..but then; to each his own.:smile:

Puay Leng will go soft very quickly upon cooking, but this is exactly my purpose to cook a mooi that is not watery, yet full of fresh materials. It serves the double purpose of eating something soft, especially at night or when one does not want to overtax the stomach, but with added fibre.

Again, to each his own.

Zikoman999

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get used to it...pap running the country to the ground.
Soon lesser mortals got to subsist on sweet potato porridge