• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

540 retired civil servants rehired

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
BUDGET DEBATE 2010
540 retired civil servants rehired

Mar 4, 2010

teo-chee-han.chewsengkim.jpg

Defence Minister and Minister in charge of Civil Service, Mr. Teo said 85 per cent of the 820 public officers who retired at the age of 62 last year were offered re-employment. -- ST PHOTO: CHEW SENG KIM

MORE than eight in 10 public officers who retired on reaching 62 years were offered re-employment last year, said Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean in Parliament on Thursday.

Speaking during the debate on the Prime Minister's Office budget, Mr Teo, who is also Defence Minister and Minister in charge of Civil Service, said 85 per cent of the 820 public officers who retired at the age of 62 last year were offered re-employment. Of these, 540 officers, or 77, accepted the offers.

He added that about nine in 10 of the officers re-employed at 62 years or above were re-employed on a full-time basis, with 8 in 10 at the same job level.

Re-employment contracts are generally for one year and renewable up to the age of 65.

Mr Teo said last year, more than 2,500 public officers attended pre-retirement preparatory courses developed by the Civil Service College. Public sector agencies have also put in place various upgrading and re-skilling initiatives to prepare employees to take up jobs other than their current work.

Dmode101

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chao chee bye. always look out for the baby boomers only becos of high voting population...PR stunt. the younger gen always gets nothing but the shit...

No wonder they influx wif foreigners now to dilute the votes when only these younger gens are left in singapore, knowing that they will never forget and forgive them for fucking their lives. low pay, jobless, degree school fees never to break even, no wife, no money for children, no children (who wants to sabo their kid into a slavery country), rocket high prices for HDB first timers, etc...

The young gens will be the last of the mohicans. once the older MP phase out of power - pandemonium!

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am still waiting for the tel call, or a kind letter..even a knock on the door..altho I'm not surprised at all if the last comes from ISD at 4am and I don't post here for the next 20 years.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My uncle one of them .... told us proudly during CNY offer to extend from 62 to 65 ....

He said sure accept, afterall, where to find similar job with similar pay & still can tap on lifelong senority, contacts & job familiarity ?

Overall, hope private sector will follow example.

Otherwise, it is just cleaners or security guards seniors can 'aspire to'.

koKSia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope they get a paycut, because knowing many old skool civil servants they will just slack and get paid from ah gong. knn. taxpayers' money loh.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't you tell that to that oldest civil servant up there slacking away on $3 millions per yr ah gong's money?

I hope they get a paycut, because knowing many old skool civil servants they will just slack and get paid from ah gong. knn. taxpayers' money loh.

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't get fool by the garment, all rehired civil servant got very high paid cut! most of them also part time basis....

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
cheap labour for them, and project a image they r pro older worker, one stone two birds....

tua lam pah

Alfrescian
Loyal
you guys still believe reading the straits times???
i discount 90 % of the trash written.....
most of the baby boomers are suffering in silence.... unemployed and too early to die...
this is just one of the crap stories to pacify the voting public

PAP hypocrites see you in hell

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes, hatred makes us miss the wood for the trees.

What is wrong with extending the contracts for those who are still healthy and capable of contributing to the society at large ?

Every fucking moves from the government seemed to be politicised, albeit lamely...

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
At last, a sane & unbigotted voice..... soon to be drown in a sea of hatred & blind venom.

I am a good swimmer, I am blind to hatred and I am a lousy snakecatcher. I am immuned to everything except that little greenrocks from Planet Krypton. :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At last, a sane & unbigotted voice..... soon to be drown in a sea of hatred & blind venom.

You are talking about PAP, the party of greed & $$$.

Many Sporeans wouldn't have a problem if the gov't is really helping poor citizens, but this is an election year & the PAP knows their support is slipping.

Of course there's alot of skepticism when they are helping "civil servants" . Civil servants are the hands & legs of the PAP.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jobs created for civil servants are not productive jobs! It is not a wealth creation job! It is a cost center! It taxes hard working productive workers to pay for these money leaching civil servants! I rather these retired civil servant to find jobs in the private sectors or create their own business than to leach on tax payers indefinitely!

pc2009

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't disturb him ok, he is busy FORECASTING! very difficult you know.

But whatever he forecasts, you better be careful. Otherwise, he will bring you to Holland!

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Government always complain no younger generations to go into politics .

Yet they refuse to step down to allow younger generations in .

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some of these guys have no clue what the world is about.

Sometimes, hatred makes us miss the wood for the trees.

What is wrong with extending the contracts for those who are still healthy and capable of contributing to the society at large ?

Every fucking moves from the government seemed to be politicised, albeit lamely...