• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporeans conned by M'sian condo developer. Again.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Bodoh Sinkies conned by M'sian condo developer. Again.

on the contrary, those who are bullish about malaysia ppty are those who missed out on spore ppty, or priced out of the spore market.

You have hit e point. It is v hard to own a freehold private or landed propery in Singapore now, especially those above 1,000 sqft for condo or 2,000 sqft for landed. More Singaporeans will buy properties in JB for own use.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

Typical Singaporean response.

Peter lim / Cap land / temasek etc... are there to build and SELL to you.

As long as there are buyers, there will be developers.
Developers build, sell and F off.

They are definitely not there for the long term.

Are they going to sell the motorcity, medical centres, hospital?

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

are they going to sell the motorcity, medical centres, hospital?

1. Not sure about motorcity but medical suites and medical centres can definitely be sold. 1 unit at mt e in spore currently goes for 8-10million.

2. All the talk of medical suites/medical centre etc.. Are to draw in the condo buyers now. They will only build the motorcity/hospital later if and only if there are enough people staying there. In malaysia, they can always change their minds later.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

you have hit e point. It is v hard to own a freehold private or landed propery in singapore now, especially those above 1,000 sqft for condo or 2,000 sqft for landed. More singaporeans will buy properties in jb for own use.

yup.
Just like batam/binatn ppty in the 1990s

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal

Anybody who pays thousands of dollars upfront for a house/apartment that is not even constructed yet deserves to be conned. That's the price one pays for greed!

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

anybody who pays thousands of dollars upfront for a house/apartment that is not even constructed yet deserves to be conned. That's the price one pays for greed!

to pay for a new development in the middle of a vibrant and established city is one thing.

To pay for one in the middle of an oil palm plantation in malaysia is madness!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

yup.
Just like batam/binatn ppty in the 1990s

Singapore wasn't v crowded n expensive then. It is more of a push n pull factor that makes people buy in JB. 6.9 mil pop by 2030 is no joke, n we r prob already feeling e effects of it now as we grow towards e target. Note e increase is due to intake of rich n talented foreigners. It is unavoidable tt e low to middle classes will be gradually pushed outwards from Singapore. Singapore is not big. A light push outward from expensive city center will land u in JB.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

singapore wasn't v crowded n expensive then. It is more of a push n pull factor that makes people buy in jb. 6.9 mil pop by 2030 is no joke, n we r prob already feeling e effects of it now as we grow towards e target. Note e increase is due to intake of rich n talented foreigners. It is unavoidable tt e low to middle classes will be gradually pushed outwards from singapore. Singapore is not big. A light push outward from expensive city center will land u in jb.

therein lies the danger.

The malaysians are trying to engineer a vibrant city out of an oil palm plantation in jb.
And we all know the track record of malaysians.
A country run by the likes of mahatir and their cronies is just too risky.

Malaysia will always be malaysia no matter what.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed on your first point. Only time will tell what prices will become. Nobody has the crystal ball.

on the contrary, those who are bullish about malaysia ppty are those who missed out on spore ppty, or priced out of the spore market.
Hence they dont want to miss out the next big thing which is now jb.

Just like batam or bintan ppty - lots of sporeans and even banyan tree lost huge amounts of money back in the 1990s

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal

therein lies the danger.

The malaysians are trying to engineer a vibrant city out of an oil palm plantation in jb.

Mahatir is is still running the country? you must have insider information....otherwise, I thought Najib could not be bothered with the senile old chap....
So you invest in properties in Singapore? What is your take of Australian properties? Foreigners living overseas are still prevented from buying existing homes and only allowed to buy or build new ones....so who do you sell to after you buy?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Typical sinkie response.

Peter lim / Cap land / temasek etc... are there to build and SELL to you.

As long as there are buyers, there will be developers.
Developers build, sell and F off.

They are definitely not there for the long term.

That's one thing you are right about Iskandar Malaysia - There are buyers.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hence they dont want to miss out the next big thing which is now jb.

Just like batam or bintan ppty - lots of sporeans and even banyan tree lost huge amounts of money back in the 1990s

That's the 2nd thing you are right about Iskandar Malaysia - It's the next Big thing.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. Not sure about motorcity but medical suites and medical centres can definitely be sold. 1 unit at mt e in spore currently goes for 8-10million.

2. All the talk of medical suites/medical centre etc.. Are to draw in the condo buyers now. They will only build the motorcity/hospital later if and only if there are enough people staying there. In malaysia, they can always change their minds later.

yes the suites and centres can be sold but will they be sold? i dont share your view that temasek, capitaland,peter lim are not investing long term. to me, they are making a strategic move to Iskandar and not just hit-and-run. Do you think its easy to sell off the medical centres and the acres of land just like that? peter lim's collaboration with the Johor royalty - do you think msia would just let him earn truckloads of money, wrap up and exit the scene easily? freehold land next door and where sporeans have been frequenting - why not? And its not just SG whos interested in iskandar - China is moving in too ..in a big style.

didnt mean to be rude or sarcastic, really no offence - but i am not sure why are u here in this forum because i assume the visitors/members here are interested or at least keen to explore investment opportunities in msia. Its like a person entering a pet shop and declaring to the customers he doesnt like dogs because they are dirty, noisy, expensive to maintain etc etc .. and i guess the majority of the customers would have already thought through all these inconvenience and risk of getting bitten etc and still keen to get a dog... just like the members/visitors here. i believe most of us are aware of the dangers and risks associated with investment in msia and most would have done a pretty good job researching and analyzing, not like those who were cheated into buying non-existent projects. Of course, this is a public forum and is freely open for discussion so you have your right to air your view too. I guess your mindset and perception of investing in msia wont change at the end of the day and i think our mindsets wont too - i wish you success in your investment in SG and overseas

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

therein lies the danger.

Personally, buying a house in JB fulfills my dream to own a freehold landed house at a low cost. Whether Iskandar succeeds or not is not critical to me because the towns are already very vibrant. I bought my houses as they are rather than betting on some distant future. If Iskandar really succeeds, good for all. If not, so be it for me.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mahatir is is still running the country? you must have insider information....otherwise, I thought Najib could not be bothered with the senile old chap....
So you invest in properties in Singapore? What is your take of Australian properties? Foreigners living overseas are still prevented from buying existing homes and only allowed to buy or build new ones....so who do you sell to after you buy?

malaysia will always be run by the malaysian malays who in my opinion are more racist than australians .
Mahatir and his chronies will always have support cos they all have the same mentality.

SADLY, THEY JUST ARE NOT VERY GOOD AT ECONOMICS. BUILDING A MEGACITY IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE ISNT GOING TO CREATE A VIBRANT CITY. A VIBRANT CITY EXISTS AS A RESULT OF A VIBRANT ECONOMY AND WORKFORCE. THEY HAVE GOT THE ECONOMIC CART BEFORE THE HORSE.

TAKE MELBOURNE AS JUST 1 EXAMPLE:
- RANKED GLOBALLY AS A VERY LIVABLE CITY ALTHOUGH RATHER EXPENSIVE
- RMIT AND MELBOURNE UNIVERSITY ARE AMONG THE BEST IN THE WORLD, ESPECIALLY THEIR MEDICAL SCHOOL.
- CLEAN AND RICH IN NATURAL RESOURCES
- SPOREANS / MALAYSIANS AND THEIR FAMILIES ACTUALLY MIGRATE THERE EVERY YEAR
- YOUNG AND DIVERSE WORKFORCE
I MAY NOT LIKE THE AUSTRALIANS WHO ARE WELL KNOWN FOR RACISM BUT I MUST ADMIT THAT THEY HAVE RUN THEIR COUNTRY WELL.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

yes the suites and centres can be sold but will they be sold? i dont share your view that temasek, capitaland,peter lim are not investing long term. to me, they are making a strategic move to Iskandar and not just hit-and-run. Do you think its easy to sell off the medical centres and the acres of land just like that? peter lim's collaboration with the Johor royalty - do you think msia would just let him earn truckloads of money, wrap up and exit the scene easily? freehold land next door and where sporeans have been frequenting - why not? And its not just SG whos interested in iskandar - China is moving in too ..in a big style.

didnt mean to be rude or sarcastic, really no offence - but i am not sure why are u here in this forum because i assume the visitors/members here are interested or at least keen to explore investment opportunities in msia. Its like a person entering a pet shop and declaring to the customers he doesnt like dogs because they are dirty, noisy, expensive to maintain etc etc .. and i guess the majority of the customers would have already thought through all these inconvenience and risk of getting bitten etc and still keen to get a dog... just like the members/visitors here. i believe most of us are aware of the dangers and risks associated with investment in msia and most would have done a pretty good job researching and analyzing, not like those who were cheated into buying non-existent projects. Of course, this is a public forum and is freely open for discussion so you have your right to air your view too. I guess your mindset and perception of investing in msia wont change at the end of the day and i think our mindsets wont too - i wish you success in your investment in SG and overseas

sorry but the forum title wasnt anything positive about malaysia developments leh. thats why i came in.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

Personally, buying a house in JB fulfills my dream to own a freehold landed house at a low cost. Whether Iskandar succeeds or not is not critical to me because the towns are already very vibrant. I bought my houses as they are rather than betting on some distant future. If Iskandar really succeeds, good for all. If not, so be it for me.

good for you but many of my friends who bought for personal use have no idea what they are talking about.

Both parents working with school going children all in spore.

So either they commute from malaysia to spore and back everyday having to clear customs, or only travel there very weekend and return on sunday.

children start school at 720am and end at 1pm
parents work from 9 to 6 pm

It may be fun at the beginning but after a while its just not practical.

People who stay in punggol already complain far and tiring to commute to work. Let alone this.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

look at the current or recent malaysian leadership:
1. mahatir - self explainatory
2. kris wielding samurai - hissamudin or something like that
3. the cow lady - sharitzie or something
4. rais yatim
5. mahatir's son mukhriz
6. khairy jammaludin
7. ling liong sik
8. rafidah aziz

They are all the same type and they are anti-chinese.

The only ones with half a brain are badawi and najib; too bad they are the minority.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

sorry but the forum title wasnt anything positive about malaysia developments leh. thats why i came in.

Hmm....the thread was abt the DEVELOPER. Not DEVELOPERS. Not abt NOTHING POSITIVE ABT MSIA DEVELOPMENTS.

Now if u want to bad mouth Msia on the whole, the Malays lah, the garment lah, the cronies lah, etc etc, do open up another thread. Dont spam tis thread. Typical sour grape sinkie.