• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My family is in danger because hdb is too inflexible!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]DEAR TRS, MY FAMILY IS IN DANGER BECAUSE HDB IS TOO INFLEXIBLE![/h]
Post date:
5 Feb 2015 - 12:56pm

Dear TRS,

I am harassed by my neighbour who is of unsound mind but despite numerous feedbacks and pleas for help to the authorities nothing has been done!

We finally decided for the safety of our family that we had no choice but to move. In order to do so as quickly as possible, we decided we'd need to forfeit our flat. However, despite our special circumstances, HDB is being very inflexible and preventing us from being able to afford to move for the safety of our family.
Here is what has happened:

The first assault took place last March followed by a second assault on 29-01-2015, in additions to a verbal threatening the unsound man's father had made on 17/01/2015. I see no action nor any relevant authorities capable to resolve the situation. This had place a greater height of fears in my family and the young one at home.

We initially wanted to choose to surrender our property in order to close the unfortunate episode with the neighbors. We had even patch up both ourselves with mutual understanding among two families. However, the father could not assure anything of his son relapse and could attack anyone when he is "sick" again. We fully understand though, this situation leave us with no choice but to dispose the property. In this 2nd assault case, we are so eager to move out, thinking surrender the flat is the fastest route to ensure my family safety. In order to do so, my wife and myself will have to suffer 20% lesser from the HDB evaluate price. My property is currently able to value an estimate of $380,000, if HDB were to take our property at 20% lesser, we would suffer heavy loss equivalent to almost $80,000. In this instance, we will face difficulty in purchasing our next property due to the approving budget cause by the surrender value by HDB.

As my flat is finance under private banking and I could not take any more private bank loan and this had being certified with Choa Chu Kang HDB officer. As such, CCK officer had went through the formal procedure to appeal for 3rd HDB loan under non concessionary rate loan. We are indeed fine with this arrangement in consideration of our finance prudence and factor in the time we need to repay the loan. We are confidently we are able to serve the loan under the HDB arrangement. However, HDB formalities could only loan us $159,000. This can be sufficient if we had not suffered unreasonably losses in surrendering the said property unreasonably.

In this scenario, I am puzzled and loss where our hard earn money saving within CPF losses due to the surrendering process. Besides, this a huge amount of about $80,000 with incurring the interest in CPF ordinary account.

In my special circumstances, why can't HDB take posses of our property at reasonable rate. We would want to resale in open market to fetch a price where it will lessen our property losses due to the unique circumstances. Even though we market our property at lowest price of $365,000, a 104sqm Premium flat, instead of its normal estimate value at $380,000, it will takes time to grab a buyer and the location may not suit anyone preference despite of price factor. We had make an estimate calculation and finance budgeting accordingly, working out towards a safe financial prudence direction, the price of $365,000 will be just sufficient after injecting whatever cash flow we have in hand.

I trust my unique situation pertaining due to safety of my young one at home is one of the priority reason, providing them a safety home during their growing stage, as a parent of two we wish to seek exceptional practice from the agencies to accede and assist in our urgent needs. Because at this instance, we could not anticipate what and who will be the next to be hurt in our family.
Lastly, in his second assault my whole family is living with fear and had no alternative but to send our children to stay with their grandmother temporary till we have your solution to resolve the situation.
I hope we are not waiting for a serious incident before the agencies claim they are unknown to the incident, pushing blames on to "unknown responsibility".

Andrew
TRS Contributor

Alfrescian
Loyal
go and meet the MP and invite them to the unit to get assaulted....its the MP's job to solve problems in the estate

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Total Bull shit story.

In any case, he is in the same category ( not those Cat like in Geyland) as his neighbor and whether you like it or not, they are the shitty kind and that is why they lump together in HDB land.

Maybe he should consider moving to Syria border to join ISIS instead!LoL

AhGirl

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The complainant is daft. The HDB is the Lessor and it is their fundamental and paramount duty to him as Lessee to provide "quiet enjoyment" ofnthe property.

Given that HDB as the Lessor has breached its contractual obligations, he should have demanded full compensation.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
assault.PNG

Woah!! Botanical gardens complete with seats for tired legs, on the public corridor.

If I see this, I'll also destroy. Piece of shit!