• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prof, by flushing to reduce the principle loan, is it another way of saving?
Boz i beri not happy bank bank is earning my $.:mad:

Not really leh . Assume last yr your loan was 1M ringit @ 2.40 vs SGD ( SGD417K) , bank charge you interest @ 3.5% (35K on interest p.a ) After one yr , ringit devalue to 2.55 vs SGD , your 1M loan actually become 392K SGD only , you save 25K SGD , after paying bank interest , still save about 11K SGD . However history might not repeat next year, as it seldom drop that much except a few occassion.

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not really leh . Assume last yr your loan was 1M ringit @ 2.40 vs SGD ( SGD417K) , bank charge you interest @ 3.5% (35K on interest p.a ) After one yr , ringit devalue to 2.55 vs SGD , your 1M loan actually become 392K SGD only , you save 25K SGD , after paying bank interest , still save about 11K SGD . However history might not repeat next year, as it seldom drop that much except a few occassion.

er..like tat still paying hard cash 14K/yr. bank still in e upper hand. :mad:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
er..like tat still paying hard cash 14K/yr. bank still in e upper hand. :mad:

Cannot say like that ma. Bank is also a biz , they got to pay their rents , employees .. many mouths to feed right ? How can they dont make money. Win - Win situation wat , you make use of the bank to help you aquire the property otherwise we cant afford .

Last edited:

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these interest rate and hedging talk actually boils down to your own risk appetite. if buy to flip, then you should loan to the max. if buy to self stay, then maybe you should have zero loan to have peace of mind. it is hard to advise on the "right" course of action. it all boils down to risk appetite and lifestyle.

Middle this year, I was advocating for ppl to pare down their loan cos tapering was coming and interest rates are on the way up. But now things have changed. US job numbers are weak, GDP numbers are slowing and it looks like tapering is off the cards. experts say tapering will not happen for the next 6 months and maybe even for the next 24. so how to plan? looking at the way things are, personally, I am going to take a bullish stance for at least till end 2014. was thinking of selling off an investment property later this year to reduce my exposure. but looking at the non-event (tapering) and my tenant's intent to renew his lease, it seems that I can continue to be gung-ho with my invests. currently also looking at London and if my partners can iron out the details, I can afford to take on more risks.

with regards to Malaysia, its hard to predict. The MY govt flip flops every so often. And the political will to wipe out corruption and do economic good are like my mood swings. totally unpredictable. so if forward view is cloudy, I would take the historical view. they have been rather inefficient all these yeas. my bet is that they will continue to be inefficient in the foreseeable future. so for now, I will long the SGD. Pay MYR only when required.

That's my view for now. nothing notti today.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
IMG_1780.JPGIMG_1782.JPGIMG_1784.JPGIMG_1785.JPGIMG_1786.JPG

No prize for guessing where is this place.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. Without bank giving mortgage; properties prices worldwide will stay flat as it will stay within reach of people. We must learn to "Love the Banks".

2. Corruption may not be a bad thing; it create opportunity.

3. Singapore is best place to do business because it is 100% clean. But it is only good for legitimate businesses.

Now I am looking to Vietnam. 80m population. 50% below 30 year old. All hardworking yet mostly poor. A formula for the rich to get richer....... you guy may want to put your radar to Vietnam.....

Best time to enter Vietnam 2016-2019.

Note: Land law in Vietnam still very messy.

Rojak

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro/sis, cld anyone plse offer me some advice? I'm looking at puteri cove res for retirement. I've also been updated on Meridin hotel suites for sale with a 9 year GRR of 5%. Prices for studio start fr rm307k with 10% disc. Think puteri cove may start fr rm1400psf. Which do you think is a better investment? any pro/con I shd b aware of? thinking of putting my investment funds into both. Buying smallest units possible. My max rm1mil. Any advice/help is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Without bank giving mortgage; properties prices worldwide will stay flat as it will stay within reach of people. We must learn to "Love the Banks".

3. Singapore is best place to do business because it is 100% clean. But it is only good for legitimate businesses.

Now I am looking to Vietnam. 80m population. 50% below 30 year old. All hardworking yet mostly poor. A formula for the rich to get richer....... you guy may want to put your radar to Vietnam.....

can ask why enter Vietnam only in 2016 ? Which part of Viet . Thks.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
can ask why enter Vietnam only in 2016 ? Which part of Viet . Thks.
Off topic to this thread.....

Trending supercycle show a new era in Vietnam starting 2016-2019. I just started study for a few months....

HCM will be my top choice. Probably District 1.

note: foreigner cannot buy. But look like "change" is on the way.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Interesting, probably there might be a section on "Living in Vietnam" in Sammyboy forum. The banks and locals are still reeling from bad debts. Probably 2016 is the earliest...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101060429
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/0...eloper-flees-slumping-vietnam-market-leaving/

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
I noticed Viet in 2005 when I went Hanoi for a holiday. very young and intelligent people. Nearly wanted to invest but luckily did not ...

Trending supercycle show a new era in Vietnam starting 2016-2019. I just started study for a few months....

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal

HCM D1 - price has shoot up fast and high. A few Korean companies has set up plus lot of SG developers are there.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh..there's a highland (think is Da Lat city), 6hrs bus drive from HCM, cold and nice place. especially @ night..

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oh..there's a highland (think is Da Lat city), 6hrs bus drive from HCM, cold and nice place. especially @ night..

I have been to DaLat. It is beautiful. I will say DaLat is one of the top beautiful town in Asia. Temperature average 15 degree. It is perfect place to retire.

I took a bus which took 9hours.

I will go again but only by flight.

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been to DaLat. It is beautiful. I will say DaLat is one of the top beautiful town in Asia. Temperature average 15 degree. It is perfect place to retire.

I missed tat place too. twice i went, 1st time 6 hrs, 2nd time 8hrs.

Eat their viet delifrance loti many rounds..best Deli loti man there!! Crispy!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

I only know Vietnamese girls are quite pretty because I have seen some in Singapore :p

I think it is better to let the bad debt dust to settle first before the average investor without very deep pocket moves in. Forex is another thing to watch out.

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
I only know Vietnamese girls are quite pretty because I have seen some in Singapore :p

I think it is better to let the bad debt dust to settle first before the average investor without very deep pocket moves in. Forex is another thing to watch out.

Having say that.. SG currencies is in strong demand in their "black market"

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal

I've been to Sai Gon many times (still prefer the old name instead of HCMC, no disrespect to Uncle Ho), Hue, Da Lat, Hoi An, Ha Noi. Even made some local friends there.

Love the food there.

Rojak

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro/sis, nd advice. Looking to buy retirement condo at ph(puteri cove)with a budget of rm1mil.I'm guessing launch @about rm1500psf? Was updated that Meridin hotel suites for sale too @10% disc with 9 yr GRR of 5%. Smallest here 318sf @ rm330k. All/any help with pro/con much appreciated. Thinking of buying into both(smallest units). Thanks so much. Can pm too if nt convenient to post advice here. Tks again..