• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rental and Resale (All about Rental and Resale prices in Iskandar)

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a long time JB resident, I'm a believer that the peak hour jam will NEVER be smooth. By the simple logic of imbalance. Also people assume that the volume of commuters is a constant.

The smoother it is, the more people will travel, the more people travel, the more jam it gets. Until there's an equilibrium between both sides, which let's face will likely never happen.

If all the immigration counters at both ends are fully manned, it would go a long way in alleviating the jam, but even that simple thing is not happening.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you!

It's consolation to be able to get back a few pieces of bricks!
The money that went into this investment was able to buy me a 5room flat years ago; now making a U-turn back - could hardly be enough to buy me a 3room flat!
But during the entire period of ownership, was rented out, this helps to minimise the losses!
But also 'bo wah', meaning it's a lousy investment, minus the maintenance and payment to income tax, there is not much meat left, and the depreciating currency....sigh, sigh!
The more I invest, the poorer I become, hahaha!
But last time younger, dare to anyhow 'chiong'! Now older, want to chiong, also got no money!
Sometimes it's good to believe in this: No action is also an action!

Congrats. It is a nice angpau for the CNY.
Not easy to sell these days during property downturn.
Kong Hee Fatt Choy.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you!

It's consolation to be able to get back a few pieces of bricks!
The money that went into this investment was able to buy me a 5room flat years ago; now making a U-turn back - could hardly be enough to buy me a 3room flat!
But during the entire period of ownership, was rented out, this helps to minimise the losses!
But also 'bo wah', meaning it's a lousy investment, minus the maintenance and payment to income tax, there is not much meat left, and the depreciating currency....sigh, sigh!
The more I invest, the poorer I become, hahaha!
But last time younger, dare to anyhow 'chiong'! Now older, want to chiong, also got no money!
Sometimes it's good to believe in this: No action is also an action!

Your story will be repeated for many. They still don't understand and are in denial.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Tekkun, & all forumers who celebrate Chinese New Year:

Wish you and your family:
新年快乐
恭喜发财
财源广进
身体健康
生意兴隆

Congrats. It is a nice angpau for the CNY.
Not easy to sell these days during property downturn.
Kong Hee Fatt Choy.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Tekkun, & all forumers who celebrate Chinese New Year:

Wish you and your family:
新年快乐
恭喜发财
财源广进
身体健康
生意兴隆

Happy Spring Festival and Happy Chinese New Year to all my friends here.

Here's a Malaysianised greeting which I thought is funny. Hope you guys can read Malay. :smile:

㊗️Raya cina sudah mari , Balik Kampung banyak happy[呲牙]。
Panggil member cari kaki ,mari rumah saya main judi️!
Kambing pergi,Monyet mari ,
Soi (bad luck) pergi Ong (good luck)mari ,Tahun lepas sudah pergi ,Tahun ini mesti happy ,
kena magnum kena loteri , dalam Bank banyak money,
badan sihat tiap-tiap hari , hari hari senyum[愉快]
tak ada rugi , God monyet and family wish u : gong xi gong xi 恭喜发财新的一年会lucky。✨

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese New Year coming, everybody happy happy...
Enjoy!

Here's the Google translation w/o editing:

㊗️Raya china already let, Balik Kampung many happy [呲 牙].
Call member looking away, let me play judi️ home!
Kambing go, Monkey mari,
Soi (bad luck) go Ong (good luck) let's, just off the year already gone, this year should be happy,
taxable taxable magnum lottery, in many money Bank,
healthy body every day, day day smile [愉快]
no loss, the monkey God and family wish u: gong xi gong xi 恭喜 发财 新 的 一年 会 lucky.✨

Here's a Malaysianised greeting which I thought is funny. Hope you guys can read Malay. :smile:

Panggil member cari kaki ,mari rumah saya main judi️!
Kambing pergi,Monyet mari ,
Soi (bad luck) pergi Ong (good luck)mari ,Tahun lepas sudah pergi ,Tahun ini mesti happy ,
kena magnum kena loteri , dalam Bank banyak money,
tak ada rugi , God monyet and family wish u : gong xi gong xi 恭喜发财新的一年会lucky。✨

Last edited:

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Panggil member cari kaki ,mari rumah saya main judi��️!
Kambing�� pergi,Monyet ��mari ,
kena magnum kena loteri , dalam Bank banyak money��,
tak ada rugi , God monyet and family wish u : gong xi gong xi 恭喜发财新的一年会lucky。✨��

Very 1Malaysia! I like

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
I live in my own property now in Singapore. It's not for investment. Are you telling me I am obliged to stay in it till forever without the ability to sell it off? Of course not! Along the way, I have the choice if I want to sell it, whether for profits or to move to another location.

So it's the same with Iskandar. If you buy with the intention to stay there, so be it. But don't you want to have the option to sell it away if need be? What I am saying here is, for Iskandar properties, even if you buy for your own use/retirement, that option to sell next time may be limited as you could likely make a loss.

I suspect many initially bought their Iskandar properties with the intention to invest. But when they realize the rental may be low or non-existent, they change their plans and say Ok, I'll use it for myself. What I am saying is, Yes, you can, but be prepared you may not be able to sell it at profit next time. (Don't forget your bank loan/depreciating currency.) Provided you can even find an interested buyer given there is a huge crop of properties coming on the market for many years to come.

Precisely because Iskandar properties are not fixed for retirees that's why all the more you should have the option to sell it away next time. If you're stuck with it and say Well, I'm buying it for my own retirement anyway, so I'm not afraid if prices drop, well, at best, that's just a consolation to yourself. That's why I also mentioned it should be money you are willing to lose.

Do you really have to break the glasshouse ? :biggrin:

Anyway, this is the post of the year for Johor threads.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese New Year coming, everybody happy happy...
Enjoy!

Here's the Google translation w/o editing:

㊗️Raya china already let, Balik Kampung many happy [呲 牙].
Call member looking away, let me play judi��️ home!
Kambing�� go, Monkey ��mari,
Soi (bad luck) go Ong (good luck) let's, just off the year already gone, this year should be happy,
taxable taxable magnum lottery, in many money�� Bank,
healthy body every day, day day smile [愉快]
no loss, the monkey God and family wish u: gong xi gong xi 恭喜 发财 新 的 一年 会 lucky.✨��

㊗️Raya cina sudah mari , Balik Kampung banyak happy[呲牙]。(CNY had arrived, we go back happily)
Panggil member cari kaki ,mari rumah saya main judi (Call our friends to come my house to gamble)️!
Kambing pergi,Monyet mari , (Goat year had gone, Monkey year has come)
Soi pergi Ong mari ,Tahun lepas sudah pergi ,(Bad luck gone, Good luck come)
Tahun ini mesti happy , kena magnum kena loteri , (This year happy, strike 4 digits, strike lottery)
dalam Bank banyak money,(Plenty of money in bank)
badan sihat tiap-tiap hari , hari hari senyum[愉快] tak ada rugi , (Good health everday, smile everyday, no losses)
God monyet and family wish u : gong xi gong xi 恭喜发财新的一年会lucky。✨ (Monkey God wishes you Gong Xi Gong Xi, lucky all year round)

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the professional translation!
Bagus! (good)

㊗️Raya cina sudah mari , Balik Kampung banyak happy[呲牙]。(CNY had arrived, we go back happily)
Panggil member cari kaki ,mari rumah saya main judi (Call our friends to come my house to gamble)️!
Kambing pergi,Monyet mari , (Goat year had gone, Monkey year has come)
Soi pergi Ong mari ,Tahun lepas sudah pergi ,(Bad luck gone, Good luck come)
Tahun ini mesti happy , kena magnum kena loteri , (This year happy, strike 4 digits, strike lottery)
dalam Bank banyak money,(Plenty of money in bank)
badan sihat tiap-tiap hari , hari hari senyum[愉快] tak ada rugi , (Good health everday, smile everyday, no losses)
God monyet and family wish u : gong xi gong xi 恭喜发财新的一年会lucky。✨ (Monkey God wishes you Gong Xi Gong Xi, lucky all year round)

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Different strokes for different folks but there are hell lot more PRCs and other Asians heading to Oz then JB.

Not hell lot, those are atas type PRCs, they choose developed countries because they are capable...or mostly ngam ngam capable. I remember i made my own prediction 3 years back about 2016 iskandar super bear market and oversupply forecast (looking back, i think im very correct on this; few years back ppl rebutting my claim with paper profit as evidences, now really worth a laugh).

Now my own super prediction: by 2018 to 2020, there will be a waves of not so well yet sufficient earning middle class PRC, driven by lack of investment option in their home country (scare of shares and sluggish 60 yrs leasehold residential ppty market, note:there is no freehold ppty in china), will come in massively to iskandar for investment.... and the bubble will blow and sustain for a number of years thereafter.

Few traits: 1.there are a lot of ppl belongs to this class in China, more than those went to US, UK and Australia combine 2.attracted by better environment (provided indonesia dint kacau with their infamous haze), education MM2H and freehold status of their investment ppty and maybe cheaper than the one they own in china 3.increasing PRC population in Iskandar (hopefully johor gov dint make noise about it), and i like to make bold estimate, by 2025, there will be 100K of PRC chinese buy a piece of investment ppty in Iskandar, about 50K of PRC will lives in this place for more than a month in a year.

This wave of PRC coming in is quite certainly obvious, i expect the magnitude will be significant and ppl will start to feel it by 2018...but impact on ppty price, still hard to assess.

Prove me wrong!

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not hell lot, those are atas type PRCs, they choose developed countries because they are capable...or mostly ngam ngam capable. I remember i made my own prediction 3 years back about 2016 iskandar super bear market and oversupply forecast (looking back, i think im very correct on this; few years back ppl rebutting my claim with paper profit as evidences, now really worth a laugh).

Now my own super prediction: by 2018 to 2020, there will be a waves of not so well yet sufficient earning middle class PRC, driven by lack of investment option in their home country (scare of shares and sluggish 60 yrs leasehold residential ppty market, note:there is no freehold ppty in china), will come in massively to iskandar for investment.... and the bubble will blow and sustain for a number of years thereafter.

Few traits: 1.there are a lot of ppl belongs to this class in China, more than those went to US, UK and Australia combine 2.attracted by better environment (provided indonesia dint kacau with their infamous haze), education MM2H and freehold status of their investment ppty and maybe cheaper than the one they own in china 3.increasing PRC population in Iskandar (hopefully johor gov dint make noise about it), and i like to make bold estimate, by 2025, there will be 100K of PRC chinese buy a piece of investment ppty in Iskandar, about 50K of PRC will lives in this place for more than a month in a year.

This wave of PRC coming in is quite certainly obvious, i expect the magnitude will be significant and ppl will start to feel it by 2018...but impact on ppty price, still hard to assess.

Prove me wrong!

My own analysis is a bit different.

If I may make a bold assumption here: I think those from China who splurge their money on Iskandar properties could just be trying to bring their money out of their own country for reasons we don't want to speculate here.

Many of the foreigners who bought those completed condos in Medini have hardly moved in. A lot of empty units.

I'm not sure if those China buyers really want to live in Iskandar. A handful of retirees perhaps? There's language issue, culture not quite similar, they will become the minority.

Where will the very educated ones send their children to study? In those international schools in Educity? Nahhh.... Those are nothing.

If you go to the major cities in Australia, you will sometimes see a busload of China parents and their kids going on a tour of the campuses. The rich and educated want to send their kids to established 1st world cities where all the amenities are already there. US, UK, etc are other possible countries.

If you're talking about SE Asia, then most likely it will be Singapore. I was told so many China kids are now in our normal neighbourhood schools, from primary all the way to JC and poly.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

If I may make a bold assumption here: I think those from China who splurge their money on Iskandar properties could just be trying to bring their money out of their own country for reasons we don't want to speculate here.

Many of the foreigners who bought those completed condos in Medini have hardly moved in. A lot of empty units.

I'm not sure if those China buyers really want to live in Iskandar. A handful of retirees perhaps? There's language issue, culture not quite similar, they will become the minority.

Where will the very educated ones send their children to study? In those international schools in Educity? Nahhh.... Those are nothing.

If you go to the major cities in Australia, you will sometimes see a busload of China parents and their kids going on a tour of the campuses. The rich and educated want to send their kids to established 1st world cities where all the amenities are already there. US, UK, etc are other possible countries.

If you're talking about SE Asia, then most likely it will be Singapore. I was told so many China kids are now in our normal neighbourhood schools, from primary all the way to JC and poly.
Yes, you are very correct here. Those bloody rich PRCs can definitely afford Singapore properties. Properties in Iskandar are not really their choice priority given their easy affordability to Singapore properties. Many of these are trying every available means and opportunities to "export" their corrupted/tainted monies overseas, before being investigated by Eleven JinPing, whose immediate family members are as equally corrupted. Also, there is a fear that the RMB may be greatly devalued in future to prop the Chinese economy.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

correct. and the less sophisticated lesser mortal tiongs have mostly lost their shirts and underwear in the stock bust of the shanghai index the last couple of years and will be unable to recover loss of savings and wealth for the next decade or more. many middle aged and elderly retirees either have committed suicide or are languishing in destitution and poverty. their (one child) kids will either have to support them or leave them to rot and die. their buying power will be affected for decades to come. don't see them having the cash to stash in jb. instead, the housing bubble in china will implode and more affordable housing will be chasing empty pockets, similar to or worse than the property bubble burst of jippun in the early 90s.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal

So they come to US, UK will face no language issue, cultural similar, and become majority? Your first point make no sense.

You miss my point, you were talking about the very educated PRC able to afford developed countries (really?). But i dont quite find the linkage on the very educated one belongs to the very rich group... it is like saying highly educated singaporean are banana, make no sense right. Nothing to do with very educated PRC know where to place their children for education, very educated one can be rich or poor, but one thing is sure, they will try to place their children for the best education that they are able to afford.

My point is, instead of looking at those rich PRC (rich in this context means those that are capable to go developed countries for studying and living), there are bigger group of PRC not belongs to the rich, the okok middle class PRC. They cant even afford Sg uni or poly fees, not to say UK US or Aust; their children may not be good enough for their local top class uni and they are looking for alternatives that within their means. They may come from 2nd or 3rd line cities in China, extreme competitive surrounding make them find iskandar as paradise etc etc....

If you focus on this group of ppl, you will know what i mean. If you still constraint your understanding of PRC to only those atas rich class, then you will never able to understand the essence that im trying to convey.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, you are very correct here. Those bloody rich PRCs can definitely afford Singapore properties. Properties in Iskandar are not really their choice priority given their easy affordability to Singapore properties. Many of these are trying every available means and opportunities to "export" their corrupted/tainted monies overseas, before being investigated by Eleven JinPing, whose immediate family members are as equally corrupted. Also, there is a fear that the RMB may be greatly devalued in future to prop the Chinese economy.

No, we are talking about another group of PRC ppl, those not so atas type, and much bigger population than those rich PRC living in Aust, UK, US, Canada combine. This group of ppl bring their hard earn money, not black money; they are looking for quality of life but the best one they cant afford; it is also exactly this same group of PRC, went to Africa for living, doing business, digging african nations resources, they are everywhere looking for opportunity, bringing in businesses.

Impact on ppty market: errr....although i foresee this group of ppl will come quite a lot in, esp after forest city and many china developers ppty project finished (those china developers are not stupid, they are targeting precisely this audiences group), actual impact still depend on their willingness to come and live here and the magnitude of it......they may also just fry ppty and not coming for living, then ptty for investment purpose ie bubble.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
correct. and the less sophisticated lesser mortal tiongs have mostly lost their shirts and underwear in the stock bust of the shanghai index the last couple of years and will be unable to recover loss of savings and wealth for the next decade or more. many middle aged and elderly retirees either have committed suicide or are languishing in destitution and poverty. their (one child) kids will either have to support them or leave them to rot and die. their buying power will be affected for decades to come. don't see them having the cash to stash in jb. instead, the housing bubble in china will implode and more affordable housing will be chasing empty pockets, similar to or worse than the property bubble burst of jippun in the early 90s.

Oppss... one crash china is back to stone age...haha. If you believe chinese statistic, they have 100M stock market investors contribute about 20% of their wealth into stock market...some loss really bad but overall is not that devastating to the point China had been raped back to Mao era. China ppty market bubble, even if it not explode, the ppty itself hardly can be investment vehicle. Ppty depreciate as the 60 yr leasehold count. This give them huge incentive for oversea investment, and explain why freehold ppty title is such a huge attraction to them. From one interview that i read, one PRC investor doesnt mind iskandar ppty value drop badly, they go for it because it is freehold, something they think is worthwhile to give their offspring.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
My prediction may seem bold at first. But if you really understand PRC mentality, their behaviour & psychology, whats incentive to drive them here, this prediction is actually quite reasonable, and a very well educated guess of what going to happen next to Iskandar.

Anyway, this prediction timing is btw 2018 to 2020, still got time before everyone will start to realise that i own the crystal ball, other unknowing events may enhance or decrease PRC willingness to come here. But if assume everything grow organically, im confident with my prediction.