• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Need a little advice here (home economic related)

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need a little advice here... My french press, the tip of the of the french press beaker, it had been chiped accidentally.

Question is, could the french press still be use? Any danger?

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need a little advice here... My french press, the tip of the of the french press beaker, it had been chiped accidentally.

Not safe. You are using this for hot coffee or tea? If tea, you don't have to press so hard or the water ain't so hot, it's not so bad.

You used it for coffee huh? :smile: What if it cracks on you? *OUCH*

Where did you buy such a lousy one?

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not safe. You are using this for hot coffee or tea? If tea, you don't have to press so hard or the water ain't so hot, it's not so bad.

You used it for coffee huh? :smile: What if it cracks on you? *OUCH*

Where did you buy such a lousy one?

using it for coffee.

thats what i think too, it will crack one of these days, and create a mess on the kitchen top.

i bought it at starbuck...

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
using it for coffee.

thats what i think too, it will crack one of these days, and create a mess on the kitchen top.

i bought it at starbuck...

I only buy mine at XXX. Not in sinkapore.

You don't drink tea from the way you post. Coffee drinker? Get a Braun, they are on sale now.

Starving.Artist

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually you may be able to replace the beaker... go down to isetan or something and check out the bodum section, they sometimes carry stock of replacement beakers... oh and also bring your starbuck press excl the broken beaker to make sure it all fits.. bodum makes for starbucks if memory serves me right

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually you may be able to replace the beaker... go down to isetan or something and check out the bodum section, they sometimes carry stock of replacement beakers... oh and also bring your starbuck press excl the broken beaker to make sure it all fits.. bodum makes for starbucks if memory serves me right

wow. didn't expect much when i put up this thread. but your message had given me a really good piece of information. will go to isetan and check it out. thanx. really appreciate.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although it's true that bodum makes replacement beakers, it's best that you fit it like the other poster says. Don't press too hard when you are pushing the plunger, the beaker is not supposed to crack so readily. :smile:

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal

There will be danger only if you shaft it into the french maid's ass !!!:eek:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

try asking ze fella who paid a bom 2 go 2 france 2 learning french cooking ...

dun tel me dat after paying 46k, he din even manage 2 learn how 2 make kopi? ...