• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB ROBBERS on BIKES SLASHED SINKIES!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>papbestdad <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>5:44 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 1) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>16466.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#000000 colSpan=2><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" bgColor=#000000><TBODY><TR><TD>S'pore siblings suffer shattered knees, fractured thigh after biker gang robs them in JB</TD></TR><TR><TD class=font12w>Left in agony at roadside </TD></TR><TR><TD class=font12w><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=left><TBODY><TR><TD class=font12w>By Jovita Chua</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=font12w><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=font12w>July 06, 2009</TD><TD width=30> </TD><TD width=10> </TD><TD width=30>
emailicon.gif
</TD><TD width=40> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=font12w></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD height=0 colSpan=2>
5.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=rightline vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=font12 vAlign=top align=left>LATE on Thursday night, the foursome went to Johor Baru to get their motorcycles serviced.
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width=150 align=right><TBODY><TR><TD>
NP_IMAGES_JCBIKE-FWAt.jpg
</TD></TR><TR><TD>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]IN PAIN: Ms Suziyana resting in the hospital after an emergency operation on her left leg. --TNP PICTURES: KUA CHEE SIONG[/SIZE][/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>In the early hours of Friday, they became victims of an audacious attack by armed robbers. Two of them were seriously hurt as they were flung off their bikes.
Three siblings who gave their names only as Ms Suziyana, Mr Rafly and Ms Riana, and Ms Riana's boyfriend, Mr Wandi, rode two Yamaha motorcycles across the Causeway to a workshop just 15 minutes from the Woodlands Checkpoint.
Ms Riana told The New Paper on Sunday that this was something the two men did two or three times a month.
When the bikes were ready, around 4.40am, the group headed back to Singapore.
Ms Suziyana, 25, and Mr Rafly, 24, on one motorbike, were behind Ms Riana, 27, and Mr Wandi, 27, on the other.
Ms Riana said: 'Five minutes after we set off, two other motorbikes came up on the right of Rafly's bike and revved their engines. One of the bikes had two people on it, and the other had one.
'I asked my boyfriend: 'What's that noise? How come their motorbikes are so loud?' He replied: 'Nothing much, it's just the motorbikes'.'
Unknown to them, Ms Suziyana and Mr Rafly, who were travelling behind them, were shouting for help. But the other two could not hear their cries above the loud engine noise.
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width=150 align=right><TBODY><TR><TD>
NP_IMAGES_JCBIKE-0J5t.jpg
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Armed with parang
It turned out that the three strangers on the motorbikes were robbers.
Ms Riana said: 'One of the robbers had a parang. He snatched Suziyana's handbag and kicked their motorbike.
'The handbag contained Suziyana and Rafly's passports and a purse with RM100 ($40) and $50.'
After grabbing the bag, the robbers kicked their victims' bike.
The two siblings were thrown off immediately.
After hitting the centre road divider, they landed in the extreme right lane of the three-lane road while their bike skidded to the left lane.
The robbers then sped past Ms Riana and Mr Wandi.
It was only when she heard a loud crash that Ms Riana turned around.
She was stunned to see her younger siblings lying on the road. They immediately stopped their bike and ran over to help.
A gory sight greeted Ms Riana and her boyfriend.
'Both my brother's kneecaps were broken and there was a bone sticking out of my sister's left thigh,' Ms Riana said.
'My brother was unconscious at first, but he later opened his eyes and asked us what happened. He couldn't even remember what we were doing in JB.
'And my sister was shouting and crying for us to catch the robbers.'
Ms Riana said she tried to stop cars that drove past them, but most did not stop to help.
Eventually, a female Malaysian taxi driver stopped. She radioed for taxis in the vicinity to help, Ms Riana said.
The cabby called for an ambulance.
They also made a police report.
But, Ms Riana claimed, the ambulance arrived only 1 1/2 hours later. Mr Rafly and Ms Suziyana were writhing in pain all the while.
They were taken to the Sultanah Aminah hospital.
Ms Riana, fed up with the long wait, then decided to transfer her siblings to the National University Hospital. She said she called for two private ambulances to take them back to Singapore.
Because they had made a police report, Ms Riana said her siblings were allowed through the checkpoint even though they did not have their passports.
Yesterday, Mr Rafly and Ms Suziyana underwent operations.
When The New Paper on Sunday visited Ms Suziyana, a housewife, at NUH, she looked tired and her left thigh was heavily bandaged. Mr Rafly, a KFC deliveryman, was still being operated on.
Recounting her ordeal, Ms Suziyana said: 'It was very scary. I still can't believe it. It was the first time I went to JB on a motorbike.'
'Usually I take a taxi or a bus. I've heard stories of robberies in JB, but I never thought it would happen to me.'
Ms Riana said the incident was a wake-up call.
'After this, I've warned my brother never to go back to JB again, and never to ride a motorbike ever again.'
- The reporter is a newsroom intern

<HR SIZE=1 width="90%">
1. Robbers draw up to Mr Rafly's bike, which was trailing his sister Riana's bike. Armed with Parang, one of them snatched Ms Suziyana's handbag and kicked the siblings off the motorbike.
2. Alerted by a loud crash, Ms Riana and her boyfriend were stunned to see her younger siblings lying on the road, injured and in a daze. Many passing cars did not stop to help until a taxi driver called for an ambulance.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Such stories will continue as Sinkies are cheapskates with short memory and will return to JB soon to shop...