• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breast cancer campaign uses body paint on nude models

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.asiaone.com/Health/News/Story/A1Story20100910-236541.html

Fri, Sep 10, 2010
The Star/Asia News Network

20100910.120603_bcf_dbb.jpg

Breast cancer campaign uses body paint on nude models

A CARTOON character squeezing a nipple and another painted with breasts as its head are part of a controversial campaign in Singapore to prevent breast cancer, reported Sin Chew Daily.

The campaign with the tagline "Are you obsessed with the right things?", was launched by the Breast Cancer Foundation in order for women not to take their health for granted.

Besides the cartoon characters, it also featured the buttocks of a woman painted on bare breasts.

Foundation general manager Christine Ang said it was satisfied with the advertisements as these had clearly sent out the message to women.

The advertisments' creative director, Thomas Yang, said its team found that many women were obsessed with their appearance, such as their hair, pimples or weight.

"So our team decided to use the naked female body as a canvas to capture public attention and focus on the right part of their body," he added.

pic1.jpg

Are you more concerned with having a bad hair day than with breast cancer? Breast Cancer Foundation's new advertising campaign features body painting on a live model depicting women's obsession with various parts of their appearance. (Photo: Breast Cancer Foundation and DDB)

pic2.jpg

Poster for the Breast Cancer Foundaton's annual breast cancer awareness campaign. This particular poster highlights the obsession women have with pimples, suggesting that women should be similarly concerned with their breast health. (Photo: Breast Cancer Foundation and DDB)

pic3.jpg

Poster for the Breast Cancer Foundation's annual breast cancer awareness campaign. This particular poster foregrounds the inordinate attention some women pay to their figure at the expense of their breast health. (Photo: Breast Cancer Foundation and DDB)

pic4.jpg

Fetishising women's bodies? The Breast Cancer Foundation's latest poster campaigns have raised eyebrows for their unusual concept. (Photo: Breast Cancer Foundation and DDB)

pic5.jpg

Are such ads effective in highlighting to women the importance of early detection of breast cancer? Some argue that the unconventional approach will garner attention and generate action, while others claim this actually promotes the objectifying of the female body. (Photo: Breast Cancer Foundation and DDB)

pic6.jpg

Are you more worried about a pimple or Paget's disease? Paget's disease is a form of breast cancer that affects the nipple. (Photo: Breast Cancer Foundation and DDB)

pic7.jpg

Are such ads effective in highlighting to women the importance of early detection of breast cancer? Some argue that the unconventional approach will garner attention and generate action, while others claim this actually promotes the objectifying of the female body. (Photo: Breast Cancer Foundation and DDB)

pic8.jpg

Bosoms or buttocks? Tasteful or tacky? (Photo: Breast Cancer Foundation and DDB)

(Photos: Breast Cancer Foundation and DDB)

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Cool. Very creative.

I hope Singaporeans dun complain about this one. If they do, then next time dun blame the Government for not allowing Creativity!!

:smile:

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.asiaone.com/News/The+New+Paper/Story/A1Story20101019-243039.html

Tue, Oct 19, 2010
The New Paper

20101019.110711_boobies.jpg

Painting model's breasts made him nervous

By Veena Bharwani

SHE was sitting topless in front of him.

The model, who is in her 20s, was calm as freelance artist and illustrator Andy Yang (above) painted on her naked breasts and torso.

Although the model was in a vulnerable position, it was Mr Yang who felt nervous.

Recalling the experience, the 37-year-old said: "It was strange. When I first met her, I didn't want to ask her too many questions because it was rather awkward. But frankly, I think I was more nervous than she was."

Mr Yang is the artist behind the three bold illustrations done for the Breast Cancer Foundation's annual breast cancer awareness campaign.

The illustrations, which were painted on a naked female torso, have got people talking because of its quirky take on a serious topic.

Talking normally

Said Mr Yang: "She has been modelling for some time so she was fine. She was talking normally as I painted on her breasts."

The model declined to be interviewed by The New Paper on Sunday.

But Mr Yang gave us a behind-the-scenes peek at how this quirky campaign came about.

The idea for the posters came from executive creative director Joji Jacob and his team from creative agency DDB Singapore, along with input from Mr Yang.

Said Mr Jacob, 40: "We did a casting for the models two or three weeks before the shoot in July. We were looking for a model with smooth skin, like a canvas so the painting would appear smooth."

The team assessed the candidates' skin on their necks and faces without asking them to go topless.

The team also made sure they were sensitive to the needs of the model.

Mr Raj Mahentheran, a producer from Republic Studios, where the photos were shot, said that to make the model feel at ease, only essential personnel were allowed to attend the shoot.

"We completely sealed off the studio and only seven people were there," he said.

The shoot was done over three days in July, with each day's shoot dedicated to one illustration and taking about 10 hours.

The painting itself took more than five hours each day and was done in a sealed-off private area of the studio in Outram.

Most of the time, Mr Yang worked on the model alone to protect her privacy. But every few hours, the photographer and the creative directors would come in to take a look at his progress.

Said Mr Yang: "Actually, the whole process of painting was quite stressful as I had to finish the design in a couple of hours. I had a time limit and I was trying to stick to it. There was no time to be awkward.

"After that, I just cracked a joke or two. I can't remember what we spoke about then."

After he had completed about 70 per cent of the painting, the model would come out and the crew would do test shots to see if the lighting was okay.

Said photographer Allan Ng, 32: "Of course, at first it was kind of strange. We didn't quite know what to say to her. But we all warmed up and got down to business after that."

He added that even though he had to ask her to point to her nipple for one of the shots, she remained professional.

He said: "I think it's because we explained to her exactly what we needed to do."

While the shoot went smoothly at the end, the team did have a bumpy start in finding an artist.

Mr Yang said before him, there was another artist, adept at airbrush painting, who was supposed to do the artwork.

But because the paint he used wouldn't stay on the model's skin and started cracking up, Mr Yang was called in.

"The model told me that she was uncomfortable during that initial shoot. Can you imagine how cold you'll feel if you are topless and someone is spraying paint on your body?" said Mr Yang, who used oil paints for the shoot.

As it was his first time painting on the human body, he said he experimented using his thigh as a canvas.

"I even painted on my kids' faces and my wife's arm just to get the hang of painting on skin. My kids loved it," added Mr Yang, who has a two-year-old daughter and four-year-old son.

He said he had pictures of the model topless so he could take a look at her body type and skin tone. His wife did not have an issue with him painting on a naked woman.

"She understands my job," he explained.

"I have done nude drawings and paintings before.

To me, all female bodies are beautiful; they are works of art."

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2 thumb up. Very creative. Please dont complaint. Those complaint most probably is those have bad shape boo jealous.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cool. Very creative.

I hope Singaporeans dun complain about this one. If they do, then next time dun blame the Government for not allowing Creativity!!

:smile:

This has nothing to do with the govt. Everything also govt. Must be some ball lickers or some useless fuck who needs a govt then can have a life.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is creativity at its best. Thinking out of the box doesn't require PHDs and multi-million dollar fat salaries.:biggrin::biggrin:

2 thumbs up for the breast cancer awareness campaign!:smile: