• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cheebye Indian FT now ditching S'pore after finished sucking Singapore dry !!!

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Posted by bsyaja in Singaporeexpats.com

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic62107.html

Hi,

I am a registered Singapore citizen and I am currently residing in India and have decided to take up Indian citizenship and renounce the Singapore citizenship as I am about to retire and plan to get back my CPF monies for my children education. I was originally from India and had taken up a Singapore citizenship many years back.

My application for Indan citizenship has been approved and I am now asked to submit the “certificate of the renounciation of foreign citizenship” from Singapore before I can get my Indian citizenship certificate.

But I gather that to renounce Singapore citizenship, one is required to submit a copy of the foreign citizenship certificate and foreign passport which I do not have yet.

Now this is a catch-22 situation as I need the renunication certificate to get my new citizenship certificate and the renunciation certificate is issued only upon submission of the new citizenship certificate.

Can anyone please advise, if there is a workaround or if anyone has ever faced or heard of this kind of situation?

Thanks for the help

PS: India also does not allow Dual citizenship at the moment.

cockie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Serve this bloody India FT right, wish him and his family all the best that they can't get mama land citizenship after denounce of Singapore citizenship. :oIo:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
0507_A13.jpg
stock-vector--middle-finger-salute-graffiti-style-middle-finger-sign-35747635.jpg

silliporean

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi,

I am a registered Singapore citizen and I am currently residing in India and have decided to take up Indian citizenship and renounce the Singapore citizenship as I am about to retire and plan to get back my CPF monies for my children education. I was originally from India and had taken up a Singapore citizenship many years back.

My application for Indan citizenship has been approved and I am now asked to submit the “certificate of the renounciation of foreign citizenship” from Singapore before I can get my Indian citizenship certificate.

But I gather that to renounce Singapore citizenship, one is required to submit a copy of the foreign citizenship certificate and foreign passport which I do not have yet.

Now this is a catch-22 situation as I need the renunication certificate to get my new citizenship certificate and the renunciation certificate is issued only upon submission of the new citizenship certificate.

Can anyone please advise, if there is a workaround or if anyone has ever faced or heard of this kind of situation?

Thanks for the help

Singapore good la got serangoon road got mustafa go back to india for fuck?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

The solution is simple... There are hundreds of millions of corrupt bureaucrats in India who can generate whatever paperwork he needs for a small fee.:rolleyes:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The rules apply to those born as Singaporeans or who were Singaporeans in 1959. It also applies to ex-west malaysians. It does not apply "new" Singaporeans who want to renounce Singapore citizenship. It was designed to stop the first lot from taking CPF.

All he has to do is submit his conditional approval letter from India plus his application to renounce and he will get his approval. He can then get his CPF.

CCBcsj

Alfrescian
Loyal
These are the best type of foreigners. Contribute to Singapore at their prime. When they retire, they don't even end up a burden on our society. They can even take their CPF money with them.

If we had more people like him, the quality of life of most (except for the whiners here) Singaporeans will improve.

Hi,

Thanks for the help

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
wahlaneh...
oredi told them balek kampong liao still refused to go back must take up singapore citizenship now suka suka want to go back ah? tiuniaseng!:oIo:
dun let them go, force them to serve in labour camp, force them to vomit out our hard-earned taxpayers' blood-sweat money!:mad:

CCBcsj

Alfrescian
Loyal
wahlaneh...
oredi told them balek kampong liao still refused to go back must take up singapore citizenship now suka suka want to go back ah? tiuniaseng!:oIo:
dun let them go, force them to serve in labour camp, force them to vomit out our hard-earned taxpayers' blood-sweat money!:mad:

I say, give him his renunciation at the high commission in New Delhi together with his CPF cheque. If he got no state, too bad we had his tax money in the good times.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is not the only one. Ask any relative or friend working in MOH. They will tell you that 80% of the nursing staff from the Philipines and PRC leave Singapore after a number of years to go to Canada, Australia, the UK and the US. Three of these countries do not allow direct employment unless they have done a stint in places like Singapore and UAE. Singapore employed maids are eligible for employment and PR in Canada and again no direct recruitment. Singapore is the guinea pig.

Malaysian Chinese, Indians and Eurasian unlike the Indians from India and the nationals of most countries cannot regain a citizenship that has been renounced. So they will not give it easily. Most countries will give back the citizenship previously renounced. For the Philippines, the rule is at least one year of income tax paid in the Phillipines to regain their citizenship.

The PAP has never revealed the following important figures which they have in hand and no opposition figure in parliament will ask as they scared of touching anything to do with race.

1. No of new citizens that have renounced their citizenship
2. No of PRs that have withdrawn their CPF
3. No of PRs based on tenure from 30, 20, 10 years tenure that not taken up citizenship
4. No of scholarships holders that have absconded and the amount due, breakdown by nationality.
5. No of scholarship holders given a release before completing their bond by nationality