• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why is Lee Kuan Yew anxious about Wikileaks ?

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
WikiLeaks vs. Bank of America
Lauren Tara LaCapra
The Street
December 1, 2010

NEW YORK (TheStreet) — In its latest perception battle, Bank of America (BAC_) is up against an international man of mystery who appears to have a loaded publicity gun.
In just a matter of hours, he robbed shareholders of as much as $4 billion.
The man, of course, is Julian Assange, founder of WikiLeaks known for blockbuster data dumps that have humiliated top diplomats and put lives in danger.
On Tuesday, after investors realized that Assange probably has a mark on Bank of America as his next target, shares of the Charlotte, N.C.-based banking behemoth plunged as much as 3.5%, hitting a new 52-week low of $10.91.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[COLOR="_______"]Guilt. Thief and robbers are afraid of the sun because it will expose them.[/COLOR]

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
strait time he got control. Wikileads he got no control

Fucking Straist Time did not even report on Wikileaks and LKY fiasco. Who are they trying to fucking kid? Everyone reads their news from the internet nowadays, everyone knows! By not publishing this piece of news, SPH has done a big injustice to itself yet again and to Sinkaporeans. First world country my fucking arse!!

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fucking Straist Time did not even report on Wikileaks and LKY fiasco. Who are they trying to fucking kid? Everyone reads their news from the internet nowadays, everyone knows! By not publishing this piece of news, SPH has done a big injustice to itself yet again and to Sinkaporeans. First world country my fucking arse!!

Don't be so surprised, we all know Straits Times is capable of hiding what looks bad on PAP. When PAP screamed everyone gets upgrading, you will see full front pages and back pages all covered with PAP songs - with unnecessary cheers added of course.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
WikiLeaks: Lee Kuan Yew called North Koreans “psychopathic”
December 1st, 2010 | Author: Editorial

Not new to controversies, PAP strongman Lee Kuan Yew appeared to have offended nuclear-armed North Korea in an unusually frank “advice” dispensed to a visiting U.S. diplomat last year.

According to a US diplomatic cable released by global whistle-blowing site WikiLeaks, Lee reportedly called North Koreans “psychopathic” and its paramount leader Kim Jong-Il a “flabby old chap” during a conversation with US deputy secretary of state James Steinberg.

“They are psychopathic types, with a ‘flabby old chap’ for a leader who prances around stadiums seeking adulation,” Lee said.

His stunning remarks made international headlines in major papers like Agence France-Presse and Wall Street Journal.

Lee also told Steinberg that China “would prefer a nuclear-armed North Korea than a North Korea that has collapsed because it sees the country as a buffer state.”

It is not known if Lee’s statements will have any impact on bilateral relationships between Singapore and North Korea since he is still a full-fledge minister in the Singapore cabinet and therefore his words cannot be dismissed as simply be made in his personal capacity.

North Korea hit the headlines lately by firing artillery shells on South Korea’s Yeongpyong island, killing two marines and four civilians, raising tensions on the Korean peninsula.

There were no immediate comments from the octagenarian Lee while his “mentee” ministers scramble to limit the fallout from his yet another embarrassing faux paus.

Jamison

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not new to controversies, PAP strongman Lee Kuan Yew appeared to have offended nuclear-armed North Korea in an unusually frank “advice” dispensed to a visiting U.S. diplomat last year.

The North Korean leader can always sue LKY for defamation :p

Or they can stop sending their laundry to Spore, this would hurt the family business :rolleyes:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The article which specifically dealt LKY on Wikileak was reported in Zaobao which is also a state controlled paper under SPH. More specifically, the report stated that LKY called Kim Jong-Il a flabby old chap. I suggest U do some research on this before U shoot random bullshit out your ass

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
ALL THESE DICTATORS SEEM TO TAKE THE SCOLDING OF OUR MM LKY IN GOOD SPIRIT,IS'T IT AMAZING.

HE CALLED THE MURDERIOUS GENERALS OF MYANMAR- very stupid and no intelliegence

and now it is Mad Chairman Kim's turn.

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the moment God Kim open his mouth Lao Lee wil start to pee in his pants and his balls will shrink ...

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
The article which specifically dealt LKY on Wikileak was reported in Zaobao which is also a state controlled paper under SPH. More specifically, the report stated that LKY called Kim Jong-Il a flabby old chap. I suggest U do some research on this before U shoot random bullshit out your ass

Please lah, we are talking about mainstream Straits Times. Who the fuck reads Zaobao, except helicopters like you??

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please lah, we are talking about mainstream Straits Times. Who the fuck reads Zaobao, except helicopters like you??

Article from Straits Times :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

SINGAPORE'S Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) on Tuesday joined the global chorus of disapproval over WikiLeaks' release of secret American diplomatic cables, saying it had deep concerns about the actions, which it called damaging.

A spokesman for the ministry said protecting the confidentiality of diplomatic and official correspondence is critical, and that is why Singapore has the Official Secrets Act.

He added: 'In particular, the selective release of documents, especially when taken out of context, will only serve to sow confusion and fail to provide a complete picture of the important issues that were being discussed amongst leaders in the strictest of confidentiality.'

The Foreign Ministry's comments followed the release of more documents yesterday, including one which recorded a meeting between Singapore's Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew and US Deputy Secretary of State James Steinberg in May last year.

The leaked document recorded Mr Lee's opinions on a variety of East Asian issues, including what he called the 'psychopathic' leaders of North Korea, Beijing's relationship with the reclusive totalitarian state, and how he thought Mr Wang Qishan, a current vice-premier, could succeed Mr Wen Jiabao as Chinese Premier, instead of Mr Li Keqiang, another vice-premier who is widely expected to do so.

Other governments - both friends and foes of the United States - also lambasted WikiLeaks' actions on Tuesday.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_609150.html

I suggest U try not embarrassing yourself in the future by googling "Lee Kuan Yew Straits Times wikileaks" before U shoot bullshit from your ass :oIo::oIo::oIo:

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Article from Straits Times :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

I suggest U try not to embarass yourself in the future by googling "Lee Kuan Yew Straits Times wikileaks" before U shoot bullshit from your ass :oIo::oIo::oIo:

I don't remember reading the below in The Straits Times :

MM Lee noted that he had learned from living through three and a half years of Japanese occupation in Singapore that people will obey authorities who can deny them food, clothing and medicine.

I must be losing my mind or you are one who thinks himself smarter than everyone. FUCK YOU! :oIo::oIo:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't remember reading the below in The Straits Times :

MM Lee noted that he had learned from living through three and a half years of Japanese occupation in Singapore that people will obey authorities who can deny them food, clothing and medicine.

I must be losing my mind or you are one who thinks himself smarter than everyone. FUCK YOU! :oIo::oIo:

I don't think I'm smarter then most pple but apparently I seem to be smarter then U coz unlike you, I know there's something call a Search Engine on the internet and I choose to do research to backup my claims instead of pulling random bullshit out of my ass :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

Just becoz U don't remember reading it doesn't mean it does not exist. :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I don't think I'm smarter then most pple but apparently I seem to be smarter then U coz unlike you, I know there's something call a Search Engine on the internet and I choose to do research to backup my claims instead of pulling random bullshit out of my ass :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

Just becoz U don't remember reading it doesn't mean it does not exist. :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

Its my polite way of saying, it was NOT reported! You're an idiot!! Go do yourself a little favour and search The Straits Times for that. You will not find it there.

Just when I thought you had substance and a bit of intelligence.....you let me down. Stupid fuck!

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal

Glockman dont know how to use google to search ah? You are doing a big injustice to yourself :p

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1096439/1/.html

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its my polite way of saying, it was NOT reported! You're an idiot!! Go do yourself a little favour and search The Straits Times for that. You will not find it there.

Just when I thought you had substance and a bit of intelligence.....you let me down. Stupid fuck!

However contrary to what you thought, the fact is that it was reported

My "lower intellect" cannot understand how U can claim its not reported when it is clearly reported. And yes I did search Straits Times which is how I found it -> here :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: