• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sggecko

Alfrescian
Loyal
whoah, i asked her so many questions only because i know very few people buy their first home in JB. mostly already have at least HDB in SG. So maybe she can advice me, cause i have no home in SG too, still staying with parents.

oh what about you bro, you also buying first home in JB, no own home in SG?

Personally I would recommend you to buy home in Singapore first.
If you pay large overseas installment, and HDB has many restriction of owning private residential, you would never own any SG home.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
i see your posts everywhere. in skyscrapercity forum, in myrealestate forum, your first post here etc. all pointing people to straits view website. your first posts all look like they're photocopied...

Lol... If I were an agent, I would be leaving my contact everywhere and talking about Horizon Hills like everyone else here is. I'm providing a balanced view in this thread. Most of the people here own places near Nusajaya. So my contribution is to let people know that there are good alternatives near the first link as well. I don't really care if you believe or not, but I'm an owner in Straits View. If you also own a place there, ill like to say hi as neighbors :smile:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally I would recommend you to buy home in Singapore first.
If you pay large overseas installment, and HDB has many restriction of owning private residential, you would never own any SG home.

yup bro, actually now the only question for me is to buy private straight or buy EC/HDB/DBSS and be regulated till MOP over.

sggecko

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha.. actually won't miss the boat if I go for NI. A lot of units left, just that the promotion of rebates will end on Saturday. It should had ended in nov but they extended it. I don't think they will dare to increase the price of existing phases and remove the discount at the same time. No one will buy Liao ... In fact, many people didn't like the sales tactic for these recent phases. Before launch, they gave out an indicative price tempted many interests. Then when they officially sell it, the price increased by a staggering 50k! Many people were put off by it lor ...

If I miss this Saturday, the most will be I pay 10k more, once they end the rebate promo.

Nusa bayu and Nusa indah are definite no no no. Nusa sentral still quite value for money, 400k can get a 2300 sqft built up. But it's a bit rural and I don't get the feel and pride of staying there leh

10 years before making your bold step, it's never too late. And because u have waited, u r now reaping the fruit of patience, and able to make wise choices in properties now :wink:

DREAMorACTION,
10k is very little for 500k home. Dont' save 10k and regretting 490k.
Don't be pressued by discount. Forget the discount and think.

I never buy home because attracted to free this and that. To me it is minimal.
My consideration always whether I buy still within value and appreciation potential. And in fact this is the hardest part.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
whoah, i asked her so many questions only because i know very few people buy their first home in JB. mostly already have at least HDB in SG. So maybe she can advice me, cause i have no home in SG too, still staying with parents.

Ok. Singles in sinkie land has no priority at all. Govt thinks our money is stink , dun let us buy brand new house. And resale flat n cov is too high , I dun wan to be a cow n pay debts till death.
Since u r young n if hv gf Liao can start to plan n buy Hdb , dun waste e chance. Buy private later. Never give up Hdb.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope, no own home in Sg. Don't intent to have one either. Lifestyle is much better with more flexibility for having it in JB. I have no issue whatsoever for not having a home in Sg

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope, no own home in Sg. Don't intent to have one either. Lifestyle is much better with more flexibility for having it in JB. I have no issue whatsoever for not having a home in Sg

hey bro, SORRY maybe my post is too serious, you have posted your most serious post ever. I remember you saying your job is stressful. chill man!

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah, made in Singapore Rolls Royce engines...... Not Bad leh......

Should be civilian only, believe main part of RR's investment is for the Trent1000 engines on the new Boeing 787 Dreamliners...

As for 3rd link (tunnel), I also think like a few others here that it should be somewhere Punggol (maybe near the end of Punggol Road) ... to connect Pasir Gudang.
Anyway, we'll know soon enough!

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
DREAMorACTION,

My consideration always whether I buy still within value and appreciation potential. And in fact this is the hardest part.

in fact too much discount can be a bad thing. means its hard to sell. :smile:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
yonglip,

If these dream projects really materiazlie you are buying a piece of stake in a future Raffles Place and it is cheap despite premium by current standard.
If I could afford it and I still believe all projects will come true. I would buy East Ledang or Puteri Harbour.
Only Singaporean loves landed so much. There is nothing special about having landed. In fact if you have experienced living in landed property like most of Malaysians they may not find it special because:
- You've got to maintain your own walls
- some left it unmaintained and spoil the surrounding
- It is damned hot during the hot season if the construction is not proper (you'll be grilled in 2nd floor like roasted pork. And if your house facing hot sun you feel like living in hell).
- There is usually very little air circulation as compared to high rise. To me it is not comfortable at all unless you have a large bungalow.

Yes. bro. i do agree with many of the points you raised. human beings are never contented. I have many friends who stayed in landed and told me the same thing..."Landed is no big deal"...Similarly, many people in SG yearn to upgrade to a condo when they have a HDB, and as it turns out, having stayed at a condo before, i can categorically say that "staying in condo is also no big deal"..in fact i prefer my present HDB to my previous condo. Its like buying toys for my toddler kids, after playing for a while, they will chuck it one side and ask "whats next?"....

Ironically, people tend to treasure what they dont have and take for granted what they have. I always like the story of asking a Beijing resident whether have they climbed the great wall, and you will be surprised how many of them have not done it cos its in their own back yard and they feel they can go anytime while tourist from faraway places pay thousands just to visit the great wall. So to M'sians, landed can mean nothing cos it is so common and cheap there,..but in land scarce SG, it represents a breath of fresh air from the bird cages we have been born into.

cheers.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah bro agree. That's why I haven't rushed into it yet. Its all sales tactic to rush me but im not letting it to be my major concerns. Just pointing out that since i have identified the area and developement, i might as well take up the discount while its still ongoing, just that im having some obstacles from the closed ones, so still dangling at the moment. Mine is not for rental so I have lesser concerns than u.

Btw, from ur other post, there are indeed a lot of high rise development coming up in medini. Stay tune

DREAMorACTION,

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow one of the most intelligent minds i have had the luck to come across online.
your wise words should be revered and carved into stone.

many of us were once like him. Sometimes it's not about the place, it's about the people. JB hasn't changed much, but the community has perhaps changed the most in the last decade. His second post was a little more polite, maybe he has started reading from page 1.

Whathefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to see Impiana at East Ledang today..

2 bedders selling at around RM600K..felt claustrophobic with the narrow hallways..based on this price, dont see much upside in the near future even with Educity/Medini etc..

if can rent for RM2500 per month...nett off RM400 (quite high) for maintenance and another RM200 for misc expenses...end up with just RM1900 per month or 3.8% pa returns...when compared to SG deposit rates, its good but realised that M'sia banks are already giving about 3.3 to 3.65% p.a for FD.....

i think maybe better to just put in M'sia FD and save all the hassle...

I've seen the floorplans for 2-bedder, that bad? It's 106 to 112sqm right? Bigger than the new 4-room HDB flats lol. Maybe the layout sucks? I don't know, quite subjective.

At 600k, it's kinda high compared to others in JB, but not really high compared to KL and Penang. If the whole project in west iskandar takes shape, it has more room to appreciate. (whereas for KL and penang, if global economy crisis hits, it has more room to crash. Prop don't crash same % in same country, depends on regions, types of housing)

Rental rates in JB is also very low compared to KL, Penang, so if Nusajaya continues to appreciate, so will rental.

Your 3.8% refers to rental yield, it's a different terminology to be used for property only, i.e. it does not get you the same % of returns when you compare to FD, you should compare to other prop rentals, but cannot compare to FD or other lump sum investments. The leveraging of money is totally different. (e.g. the first 1-2yrs before breakeven, no matter how high your rental, you're still losing money, after breakeven, your earnings scales up year by year, until property depreciate of coz)

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I considered Leisure Farm first when I first decided to buy a property in Johor but in the end, I gave up because I was worried about the small dark road leading to LF during the night. But Bro Euphony here mentioned some time ago (recently) that there would be a direct road from the highway to the Leisure farm (very soon). Bro Euphony and any other Bros can confirm whether the new road will be available soon?

sorry, i also dunno when is the completion date as yet. the site is confirmed at the water tank location before the gelang patah/EL exit.

sorry typo, within 24 months.

good to know!

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
i see your posts everywhere. in skyscrapercity forum, in myrealestate forum, your first post here etc. all pointing people to straits view website. your first posts all look like they're photocopied...

Hello bro, u r finally back here? So busy over renotalk ah.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell me honestly that it didn't make u smile and lighten u up thinking of that scenario. From your reply that u didn't scold me, I'm 100% sure u felt the happiness (soon to be) just thinking of it ... Woo hoo ... And my posts are relevant. It's about family with plans and stay in JB, with possible rent collection! Woo hooooo last resort bro, action time!!

No. Only frown!

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ok. Singles in sinkie land has no priority at all. Govt thinks our money is stink , dun let us buy brand new house. And resale flat n cov is too high , I dun wan to be a cow n pay debts till death.
Since u r young n if hv gf Liao can start to plan n buy Hdb , dun waste e chance. Buy private later. Never give up Hdb.

I see a new trend here. maybe 10 years ago, it would have been crazy for people to think of buying their first home in JB, but now single youths are seeing the possibility.

sggecko

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. bro. i do agree with many of the points you raised. human beings are never contented. I have many friends who stayed in landed and told me the same thing..."Landed is no big deal"...Similarly, many people in SG yearn to upgrade to a condo when they have a HDB, and as it turns out, having stayed at a condo before, i can categorically say that "staying in condo is also no big deal"..in fact i prefer my present HDB to my previous condo. Its like buying toys for my toddler kids, after playing for a while, they will chuck it one side and ask "whats next?"....

Ironically, people tend to treasure what they dont have and take for granted what they have. I always like the story of asking a Beijing resident whether have they climbed the great wall, and you will be surprised how many of them have not done it cos its in their own back yard and they feel they can go anytime while tourist from faraway places pay thousands just to visit the great wall. So to M'sians, landed can mean nothing cos it is so common and cheap there,..but in land scarce SG, it represents a breath of fresh air from the bird cages we have been born into.

cheers.
What you said about Great Wall really hits me. haha
I was studying in Europe and at my backyard was a wellknown Zoo (surprisingly the Zoo is in the city). I've never been there despite having spent 7 years there. OMG before I left I just realized I should have visited it :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.