• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Richer & Poorer Surnames..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
is a Kwong some decendents of a Wong, then a Ong, and finaLLy a Ng ?..i dont know, but seems interesting..:wink:

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How about rephrasing it to ALjuneed Lui ?...:smile:

Actually Al-Junied can be Al-Jonid, Al-junid.

Here it is spelt as Aljunied and synonymous with the GRC that fall to the WP.

Do you what was the name of Aljunied Road from the direction of Upper Serangoon Road in the good ol' 60's?

It was Hindu Cemetery Road.

In Brunei, many are called Orang Kaya.

I have yet to come across an Orang Miskin.

Malaysia is synonymous with Datuks, Tan Sri's, Datuk Seri and Tun's.

What can we be proud of?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro,
correct me if me is mistaken, our Malay betheren follows their fathers' name, no? got surnames?

Those are Arabic names: Aljunied (al Junied), Alsagoff (al Sagoff)
and they have surnames, unlike the Singaporean Malays (and Tamils)

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Anyone here care to compared the following:

1) Lien vs. Lian?

2) Liem vs. Lim?

3) Lum vs. Lam?

But I guess all this is for nought, as the near future will see the uber rich bearing Hanyupinying surnames.

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
Names with "Al" is Arabic.. You will notice "AL" in many Muslim coffeeshops too.

Only North Indian Singaporeans have surnames within the Singapore Indian community etc. Nair, Panday, Kapoor, Mishra, Rai

Li and Lee is the same and so is Leong and Liang.

Last edited: