• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

1st world cuntry with 3rd world transport for workers

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1693266402304.jpeg

meaninglesslife

Stupidman
Loyal
i don't see anything wrong sitting in lorry as long as the driver drive safely and no overloading. when i was a little boy, my contractor father who adopted me also put me on the lorry with his 2 workers to go everywhere they went..

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i don't see anything wrong sitting in lorry as long as the driver drive safely and no overloading. when i was a little boy, my contractor father who adopted me also put me on the lorry with his 2 workers to go everywhere they went..
if accident happens bodies will go flying. it’s a deadly game of chance.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a product of PAPs shortsighted COE policy.
Plus, chink towkays will rather you take your chance at death than forking out money for your safety. It's a genetic problem too.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
an ah neh sued his employer after a serious injury and won sg’s 1st case of its kind. more to cum. shiok!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's a product of PAPs shortsighted COE policy.
Plus, chink towkays will rather you take your chance at death than forking out money for your safety. It's a genetic problem too.
that khor (bitter) auntie wants to have her carrot cake and eat it too. she says it’s not an ideal practice yet allows it to continue as she’s also considerate and compassionate to businesses and construction firms. “we recognize that it isn’t ideal for workers to be transported on lorries but we also understand the genuine concerns for employers.”

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CNN

In a rare move, a migrant worker sued his bosses in Singapore. And won​

Heather Chen, CNN
Sun, 27 August 2023 at 7:48 PM GMT-7
A manual laborer from India has successfully sued his employers in Singapore for negligence after he fell off the back of an overcrowded lorry, in a rare legal win for migrant workers that has renewed debate about their treatment in the wealthy city state.
Ramalingam Murugan, a 37-year-old father of three from the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu, had fractured his leg in 2021 while disembarking from an overcrowded truck, leaving him unable to work, court documents said.
The accident had caused him immense pain, his lawyer Muhamad Ashraf Syed Ansarai from the Yeo Perumal Mohideen Law Corporation told CNN.

“He injured himself coming down from a lorry which was overcrowded – a simple thing that turned out to be risky,” Ansarai said. “But it is not uncommon for companies, especially those involved in heavy construction, to take risk assessments for granted,” he added.

Singapore, one of the world’s richest and most developed countries, has benefited enormously from cheap foreign labor for decades.

Workers like Murugan and others from countries in the region like Bangladesh, China and Vietnam take on difficult and often dangerous jobs working in construction and the maritime industry, toiling outdoors for long hours sometimes in extreme weather, and without minimum wage.

To get to work sites from their dormitories which are located on the outskirts of the city state, they are transported on the back of lorries – often overcrowded and without passenger seats or seat belts – a common practice in the industry that has resulted in numerous road accidents and fatalities for workers over the years and which critics say is an examples of businesses prioritizing profits over lives.

On April 21, 2021, a lorry carrying 17 migrant workers to a work site collided with a tipper truck along an expressway, killing two men – Toffazal Hossain from Bangladesh and Sugunan Shudeeshmon from India. Both men were fathers and the sole breadwinners of their families.

In July, 26 men were taken to hospitals after three lorries, two ferrying migrant workers, collided on a major highway. Officers from the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) used hydraulic rescue equipment to free two men who became trapped in the front seat of the vehicle.

A day later, another lorry, which was ferrying at least 10 workers, collided with a car on an expressway. All the workers were taken to hospital to treat their injuries, officials said.

Labor rights groups have called for a ban to the practice which has in the past been endorsed by several government agencies.

“We recognize that it isn’t ideal for workers to be transported on lorries but we also understand the genuine concerns from employers,” Senior Minister of State for the Ministry of Transport Amy Khor said in responses to questions fielded in parliament on August 2. “Employers have stated that if the government imposes a ban, many companies, especially small and medium enterprises, will not be able to continue operating their businesses,” she continued.

“Our efforts will focus on improving safety for all road users,” Khor added.

“My ministry has been working closely with the relevant government agencies as well as industry associations to progressively implement a suite of additional measures to improve safety for our workers.”

Addressing the fatal accident in 2021, Khor previously said further regulations like banning the transportation of workers in lorries would “likely impact” various building projects for businesses looking to keep costs down in the country’s post pandemic recovery.

“From a road safety perspective, it would be ideal for lorries not to carry any passengers in their rear decks but there are very significant practical and operational issues on top of just cost considerations,” Khor said.

meaninglesslife

Stupidman
Loyal
CNN

In a rare move, a migrant worker sued his bosses in Singapore. And won​

Heather Chen, CNN
Sun, 27 August 2023 at 7:48 PM GMT-7
A manual laborer from India has successfully sued his employers in Singapore for negligence after he fell off the back of an overcrowded lorry, in a rare legal win for migrant workers that has renewed debate about their treatment in the wealthy city state.
Ramalingam Murugan, a 37-year-old father of three from the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu, had fractured his leg in 2021 while disembarking from an overcrowded truck, leaving him unable to work, court documents said.
The accident had caused him immense pain, his lawyer Muhamad Ashraf Syed Ansarai from the Yeo Perumal Mohideen Law Corporation told CNN.

“He injured himself coming down from a lorry which was overcrowded – a simple thing that turned out to be risky,” Ansarai said. “But it is not uncommon for companies, especially those involved in heavy construction, to take risk assessments for granted,” he added.

Singapore, one of the world’s richest and most developed countries, has benefited enormously from cheap foreign labor for decades.

Workers like Murugan and others from countries in the region like Bangladesh, China and Vietnam take on difficult and often dangerous jobs working in construction and the maritime industry, toiling outdoors for long hours sometimes in extreme weather, and without minimum wage.

To get to work sites from their dormitories which are located on the outskirts of the city state, they are transported on the back of lorries – often overcrowded and without passenger seats or seat belts – a common practice in the industry that has resulted in numerous road accidents and fatalities for workers over the years and which critics say is an examples of businesses prioritizing profits over lives.

On April 21, 2021, a lorry carrying 17 migrant workers to a work site collided with a tipper truck along an expressway, killing two men – Toffazal Hossain from Bangladesh and Sugunan Shudeeshmon from India. Both men were fathers and the sole breadwinners of their families.

In July, 26 men were taken to hospitals after three lorries, two ferrying migrant workers, collided on a major highway. Officers from the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) used hydraulic rescue equipment to free two men who became trapped in the front seat of the vehicle.

A day later, another lorry, which was ferrying at least 10 workers, collided with a car on an expressway. All the workers were taken to hospital to treat their injuries, officials said.

Labor rights groups have called for a ban to the practice which has in the past been endorsed by several government agencies.

“We recognize that it isn’t ideal for workers to be transported on lorries but we also understand the genuine concerns from employers,” Senior Minister of State for the Ministry of Transport Amy Khor said in responses to questions fielded in parliament on August 2. “Employers have stated that if the government imposes a ban, many companies, especially small and medium enterprises, will not be able to continue operating their businesses,” she continued.

“Our efforts will focus on improving safety for all road users,” Khor added.

“My ministry has been working closely with the relevant government agencies as well as industry associations to progressively implement a suite of additional measures to improve safety for our workers.”

Addressing the fatal accident in 2021, Khor previously said further regulations like banning the transportation of workers in lorries would “likely impact” various building projects for businesses looking to keep costs down in the country’s post pandemic recovery.

“From a road safety perspective, it would be ideal for lorries not to carry any passengers in their rear decks but there are very significant practical and operational issues on top of just cost considerations,” Khor said.
this happen because they overcrowd and overload the lorry. if no overcrowding or overloading and strictly no speeding, it is fine

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pussies lah. I slept in the back of a tonner loaded to the gills with con wire and went up and down elephant hill.

All I had between flesh and wire was my trusty no.4

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this happen because they overcrowd and overload the lorry. if no overcrowding or overloading and strictly no speeding, it is fine
whether it’s overcrowded or not, during an accident the lorry will brake and pengsang and passengers in the back will fly out of lorry. if they sit on wooden planks straddled across the sides lagi worse. anyone sitting on floor will break his neck hitting the planks.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pussies lah. I slept in the back of a tonner loaded to the gills with con wire and went up and down elephant hill.

All I had between flesh and wire was my trusty no.4
how much traffic is there and how fast they are in an saf training area compared to heavy rigs and dumpster and container trucks zipping by sexpressways at 69 km/hr?

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
how much traffic is there and how fast they are in an saf training area compared to heavy rigs and dumpster and container trucks zipping by sexpressways at 69 km/hr?
You obviously haven't been up (or down) elephant hill. In the back of a 3-tonner. Loaded with barbed wire. Against all TSRs.

And tonners travel on public roads too.

So the issue is the speed they drive at, not that they sit in back of lorries. Just enforce it - the speed limits.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You obviously haven't been up (or down) elephant hill. In the back of a 3-tonner. Loaded with barbed wire. Against all TSRs.

So the issue is the speed they drive at, not that they sit in back of lorries. Just enforce it - the speed limits.
aiyah. i’ve spent at least 6.9 years in the field, not like you enlisted ns kia. saf has strict rules on sg roads and training areas. but there are still accidents. you haven’t seen tw army trucks carrying saf soldiers pengsang in mountain roads in starlight. elephant hill is like child’s playground. before sounding like a moron, there’s a huge difference between military training and civilian workers being transported to worksites. the two are not the same. 1st world amerikan troops are still transported on land by army trucks. when in civvy clothes and off duty no such thing.

ChristJohnny

Alfrescian
Loyal
I noticed that more people died when driving their cars than workers who are being ferried in lorries.

At the end of the day, it is the driver that makes the difference. Change of transport mode will come to bite us as a consumer. Remember what you wish for.
Give an example ;
You need a plumber to fix your choke pipe. Maybe requires 3 men + equipment. Estimated cost is $300 for a 4 hours work. Usually the supervisor will drive the lorry with its workers and equipment at the back.

If we have different mode of transport for workers and equipment, we will need : 2 x vehicles (one for equipment and passenger) + 2 x drivers. How much you think the plumber will charge you this time? x 2 maybe.

Race and IQ
national-iq-scores.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

moreover, it’s not all the lorries’ fault. other heavy vehicles crash into them at high speed. the lorry’s low speed and loading will not prevent workers from flying superman style when kena slammed by a speeding 6.9-ton dumpster truck.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I noticed that more people died when driving their cars than workers who are being ferried in lorries.

At the end of the day, it is the driver that makes the difference. Change of transport mode will come to bite us as a consumer. Remember what you wish for.
Give an example ;
You need a plumber to fix your choke pipe. Maybe requires 3 men + equipment. Estimated cost is $300 for a 4 hours work. Usually the supervisor will drive the lorry with its workers and equipment at the back.

If we have different mode of transport for workers and equipment, we will need : 2 x vehicles (one for equipment and passenger) + 2 x drivers. How much you think the plumber will charge you this time? x 2 maybe.

Race and IQ
View attachment 188005
put your kids in the back of an open lorry if your iq is deemed to be high.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
No seat belt or proper seating. . In case of a accident, passengers will be subject to enormous amount of energy exchange depending on the impact .

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No seat belt or proper seating. . In case of a accident, passengers will be subject to enormous amount of energy exchange depending on the impact .
yalor. they becum superheros with the propensity to fly off and hit the road, with other vehicles running over them. this means more cleanup work for other migrant workers, which means more lorry with passenger-workers on the scene. perpetual energy machine.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember young time always take those box delivery van without aircon, sit behind and need to open the sliding door leaving a small gap to let wind enter. Hand need to hold onto the sliding door not to let it open wider or close to maintain the gap :o-o: too young to know the danger involve.

Another kind of goods vehicle was more funny. The behind height is too low to be able to sit on a sitting posture so we have to lie down like a hearse car :o-o:
Reach destination have to do leopard crawl to come out :roflmao: