• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Holiday Scenery and Experiences! Come share!

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Two Jack Lake

https://www.travelalberta.com/ca/listings/two-jack-lakeside-campground-1247/

This is my favorite lake to visit in Banff National Park. Although in recent times it has started to become too crowded.

Two Jack 1.jpg

Two jack 2.jpg

Two Jack 3.jpg

These photos shot in early morning around 6am back in 2013. You need to go early before they open the damn at Lake Minnewanka. The water will still be calm and you get the reflection of Mount Rundle in the Lake.

Two Jack 4.jpg

First time we ever camped in Canada was at Two Jack Lakeside Campground in 2013.

Two Jack 5.jpg

Two Jack 6.jpg

See how you can drive and park right by the lake?

Two Jack 7.jpg

Great place to kayak. These shots were taken when we were there in 2020. Weather was nuts. Rained heavily. Then sunny. Then hailed! Then sunny.

Two Jack 8.jpg

Two Jack 9.jpg

Two Jack 10.jpg

All sunny again after the big rain and hail.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Sun's BBQ Restaurant

1423 Centre St N, Calgary, AB T2E 2R8

http://www.tasteofasiagroup.ca/#sunsbbq

I first came to this restaurant when I drove up to Calgary for my MMI exam. Another dr who is from China car pooled with me and she suggested this place for dinner.

We like this place in particular because they not only have good food but they do a pretty authentic Black Pepper Crab Singapore style!

They also allow me to order Lobster cooked in Black Pepper Style.

Sun 5.jpg

Sun 4.jpg

Sun 3.jpg

This salted egg yolk shrimp is pretty good

Sun 2.jpg

They also have some chicken cooked Thai style

Sun 1.jpg

This 5 spices fried pork is also yummy.

If you want good Chinese food this would be one of the places to go to.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually I have not visited Emerald Lake before! It is just off Field. Ok maybe I will go this week with my daughter! :smile:
had to drive quite a bit into yoho national park in british columbia from alberta, although it’s right at the border between provinces.

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Two Jack Lake

https://www.travelalberta.com/ca/listings/two-jack-lakeside-campground-1247/

This is my favorite lake to visit in Banff National Park. Although in recent times it has started to become too crowded.

View attachment 114917

View attachment 114918

View attachment 114919

These photos shot in early morning around 6am back in 2013. You need to go early before they open the damn at Lake Minnewanka. The water will still be calm and you get the reflection of Mount Rundle in the Lake.

View attachment 114920

First time we ever camped in Canada was at Two Jack Lakeside Campground in 2013.

View attachment 114921

View attachment 114922

See how you can drive and park right by the lake?

View attachment 114923

Great place to kayak. These shots were taken when we were there in 2020. Weather was nuts. Rained heavily. Then sunny. Then hailed! Then sunny.

View attachment 114924

View attachment 114925

View attachment 114926
All sunny again after the big rain and hail.
Wow, i really need to get out of sg more often.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
had to drive quite a bit into british columbia.

Not really lah. The turn off to Emerald Lake is just a little away from Lake Louise.

Usually we drive that route to Golden.

Last summer on our way back from Revelstoke we stopped to visit Takakkaw Falls. Looking at the map now didn't realize got Emerald Lake there too. LOL!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not really lah. The turn off to Emerald Lake is just a little away from Lake Louise.

Usually we drive that route to Golden.

Last summer on our way back from Revelstoke we stopped to visit Takakkaw Falls. Looking at the map now didn't realize got Emerald Lake there too. LOL!
that entire yoho national park is gorgeous.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Hike to the Bee Hive near Lake Louise

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/canada/alberta/the-big-beehive-trail

Bee 1.jpg

Bee 2.jpg

Bee 3.jpg

Bee 4.jpg

Bee 5.jpg

Lake louise is nice. But I find it a bit too big for me. I prefer more cozy. Also so many people. And you go early still will have people cos they also go early. And somehow the water is never still when I go. Always has some current. So you dont get that mirror image off Lake Louise when you visit usually. I dunno how those photographers get those shots like the one @eatshitndie posted. Probably must go really early like sunrise maybe.

Bee 6.jpg

This one you will see along the hike. It is called Mirror Lake

Bee 7.jpg

Bee 8.jpg

View of Lake Louise Ski Resort which is Opposite the valley from actual Lake Louise.

Bee 9.jpg

View from the Bee Hive

Bee 10.jpg

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Hike to Lake Agnes Tea House

http://www.lakeagnesteahouse.com/

Isn't it amazing that they actually have a tea house up on the mountain near Lake Louise? Anyway as we hiked I remember there is a small road that leads up the way. I suspect they drive a small ATV to get up there for supplies etc.

Hike 2.jpg

Hike 3.jpg

See the teahouse?

Hike 4.jpg

Lake Agnes

There is actually more to the hike after this. Something called the Plain Of Six Glaciers.

Hike 6.jpg