• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Low Thia Khiang continues to put down Chen Show Mao inside WP

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Who will ever dare to join the WP. If a person as talented as Chen was inexplicably held back, how much further can others, who are much less talented, ever to progress inside the byzantine court of WP?

wow! you seem like you're a very experienced politician. which political party do you hail from? a party under your leadership should have no problems taking over the PAP in the next GE :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

huahero

Alfrescian
Loyal
Keeping a Zhu Geliang without much to do is better than PAP losing their Foreign Minister Yeo.

http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/chen-show-mao-zhuge-liang-3569969.html

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Keeping a Zhu Geliang without much to do is better than PAP losing their Foreign Minister Yeo.

http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/chen-show-mao-zhuge-liang-3569969.html

CSM unfortunately is not used as a strategist. If you have heard Low TK's thank you speeches, he attributes this overall to a Jane Leong, whom the press described as a veteran but only recently replaced Pritam Singh.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On another note, Muhamad Faisal’s appointment as Youth Wing President is a surprise. I think it’s a shrewd move. Perhaps, after NSP & SDP, WP is also eyeing the Malay votes?

I have nothing to add to my earlier topic, but agree not only with Faisal as youth chief but retaining Rahizan as vice chairman. Certainly another break from the past where WP hated such cosmetics, even if to win minority support. Therefore accused of being Chinese.

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal

Some of the so-called office titles in WP CEC are truly unique... which are totally non-existent is other political parties.

Examples:

Chair for Media Team and Vice Chair for Media Team ??? What kind of a title is that that require 2 person to perform? What has WP Media Team been doing? Why are they always so quiet on the Media front on national issues as compared to other political parties.

Webmaster and Deputy Webmaster ?? What kind of Webs are they weaving that require 2 person to cho bo lan??? Is the WP website up-to-date? Are they better than other political parties?

As compared to other political parties which use the simple and easy to understand CEC title to signify their ranking in the Party, ie 1st Asistant SG or 2nd Assistant SG, WP is creating nonsense to make a fool of themselves.

If Chen Show Mao is so popularly elected and beloved by the party cadres, Low Thia Khiang should be magnimous and respect the wishes of his party cadres and made Chen his 1st Asst SG. Simple...and not belittle Chen and rank him below those Mickey Mouse characters holding those cartoon titles.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Reminds me of a guy who was so concerned that his neighbour's wife was not getting enough sex. TS should be more concerned about his own household. And there are many concerns such as PAP scraping the bottom of the barrel with TPL, the lost of a GRC, cabinet minister kicked out, 2 MOS out of a job, etc etc.

Hello [scroobal],

Pardon me for trying to correct you
re: lost vs loss (verb vs noun).

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still think it is because WP doesn't know where to fit him and not because Chen did not want it. Chen and Glenda have effectively become the lowest ranking CEC members, a cause for concern because Chen is an MP but Glenda is not and Chen was the stellar factor of Aljunied's victory. The other concern is whether WP would know how to use future Chens who are way above the typical opposition's rank-and-file types.

ALL I Can said is that all you do not understand WP... and obviously do not know anything about the party..
This election is very fair and represent the will of the Party...

although IF i have my way... i would have Kick GLenda out long , credential doesnt mean a shit if the person doesnt do work...

credentials is for winning elections... for day to day running of the party... u need delicated commited activists......

DO you guys have any ideas how many highly quailified super credential people join or volunteer the party since GE?? how many lasted a year... ?

... do you guys know the reason why was John Yam out of the CEC..??
he has a phd and own his own business.. in terms of academic and business success.. he is the top why is out of CEC... the reason is very clear to those who know,.. and its fair to say to the party make the right choice in this election

CSM id still new to the party. Let him learn the ropes and earn the respect through hard work and dedication. This should be the way and not some ah kua can become genderal in a few short years and then can become MP some more.

Gerald is actually much newer than CSM, yet he has been given more responsibility spotlights than CSM... which I can only say its fair... any1 with eyes can see why ...

CSM unfortunately is not used as a strategist. If you have heard Low TK's thank you speeches, he attributes this overall to a Jane Leong, whom the press described as a veteran but only recently replaced Pritam Singh.

there are 2 untouchables in the party, Jane Leong and Swee Bee...

if LTK is the CEO and SL is the Chairman of the Board, then Swee Bee is the COO but Jane Leong is arguably more important than Swee Bee ... because Jane is harder to replace than Swee Bee ....

Jane may not have the post in the past but that doesnt mean she wasnt running things in the past ...dun let the vice chair title fool you ...

whoever is pulling their weights will get credit... those who think they can get by until 65 on the merit of their A level results... please go and apply for Admin services....

However, there is no doubt that Chen's empty portfolio stands out like a sore thumb.

U r so shallow, man... Chen may not be so active in the party as some activists... but he has to do so many constituency stuff that can be outsource...can only be done by MP....
Jane never had an appt before... but do you know why?

This is very fair election... all I can say is that those who want to have a go @ wp.. get off keyboard, get the cadre status and make your vote count......

kazuo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you believe that whatever the party reports is the full story? So what if CSM is not a Council member? He is still a cadre right?
To use an analogy from the footballing world, Sir Bobby Charlton may not be on the coaching staff, but trust me, he is more powerful than Alex Ferguson in some areas of management.

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal

Contrary to what some forummers here assert, some of PAP's biggest porlumpar political analysts feel differently.

Political analysts give the thumbs up to WP's newly-elected CEC

Commenting on the changes, political analyst Bridget Welsh said, “There are three trends noticeable – first there is a process of broadening taking place with greater inclusion of women and more multiethnic representation, especially Malays.”

So the political anaylst concludes that appointing Adik Faisal for CEC post is a blatant cosmetic attempt to salvage the Party's irreparable Chinese chauvinist image among the Malay community.

But what about other non-Malay minority community, especially the Indian community? Which other minority is holding office in the new WP CEC? Its one and only Indian CEC member has lost favour with Low Thia Khiang and had been kicked out of CEC office. What message is WP conveying to the Indian community?

This is especially so after the "Soma Scandal" when the former WP Indian candidate for Nee Soon GRC alleged that he was denied being made a party cadre simply because he was an Indian, the same race as Low's old nemesis, JBJ.

Is WP abandoning and deserting the Indian community?

“Second, the key leaders Low and Lim remain in place and remain in core leadership positions, so they will continue to set the direction for the party as they have in recent years. This illustrates a steady hand in leadership without significant detours from recent trajectories.”

Second, the analyst agrees that Low Thia Khiang and his ever-faithful sidekick, Sylvia Lim, was the only 2 lao cheows left in the Party CEC. What has happened to all other former members?

It only remind the public about the intolerance of Low Thia Khiang's management skill which had driven so many people out of CEC, unless one is as obedient, domesticated and docile as Sylvia 莲.

“Third, many of the new members of parliament are given less party leadership roles so that they can focus on their roles as parliamentarians. The pattern of the Worker’s Party has been to focus on social issues affecting ordinary Singaporeans while simultaneously calling for greater alternative voices in governance.”

The political analyst explains that people like Chen Show Mao is given less party responsibility so that he can focus in his role as parliamentarians.

What so difficult about be a MP ? What so different about WP MP as compared to other party MP not only in Singapore but all other countries in the world?

Does Chen hold MPS everyday ? How often he go walk-about and door-knocking ? How often he ever dare to speak up in Parliament ? Then why is MP job take up so much of his time and energy that he is unable to perform his party post? What can't WP MP multitask?

If WP MPs can't even multi-task and perform both MP and party post, how can they ever form a government and perform the duty of Minister? Must Chen resign from his MP post so that he can accept position in the government?

The associate professor in political science at the Singapore Management University added, “This current line-up suggests that this will continue to be their direction, while giving more space for younger leaders to rise. The people to watch are the newcomers, especially the party’s new youth leader, and, of course, members of parliament who will continue to be the most prominent public faces for the party.”.

Again, it serve to remind the public as to how many so-called young leaders had rise and left WP CEC. Almost all had failed to measure up Low's expectation or suck up to Low's ego, except Sylvia 莲.

Again how can WP MP continue to be the prominent face for the party if they are disallowed to hold any CEC posts? How are they going to set the agenda and direction for the party if they are not CEC office holders?

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Again how can WP MP continue to be the prominent face for the party if they are disallowed to hold any CEC posts? How are they going to set the agenda and direction for the party if they are not CEC office holders?

So the great 步步惊心 analyst has spoken. We must congratulate him for completing a momentous and almost impossible task of associating every minute twist in an early Qing Dynasty drama (a fiction actually because the key character was fictitious) with the personality movements within the WP.

Based on that achievement alone where all things black can be made to look white and vice versa, I am almost inclined to agree with everything he wrote except for one critical point of disagreement. I don't think a functional role such as Treasurer, Web-Master or PRO has anything to do with ranking within the CEC.

When the CEC meets all CEC members have equal rights to contribute his ideas and each has an equal vote. You may say the Chairman might have a casting vote (I am not sure because I am not a WP member lest a CEC member) and the SG should have the personal persuasive power as a leader to bring votes to his side but other than these two, the rest are just functional roles (in other words, workers) and are tasked because they are available.

If we were to stretch the line of argument some brothers are pursuing here, then the person who got demoted most is none other than LTK himself because he lost his VP role in Aljunied GRC Town Council and got nothing in return. So far nobody mentioned this. But maybe this part of the story does not fit the overall script too well.

Last edited:

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When the CEC meets all CEC members have equal rights to contribute his ideas and each has an equal vote. You may say the Chairman might have a casting vote (I am not sure because I am not a WP member lest a CEC member) and the SG should have the personal persuasive power as a leader to bring votes to his side but other than these two, the rest are just functional roles (in other words, workers) and are tasked because they are available.

If we were to stretch the line of argument some brothers are pursuing here, then the person who got demoted most is none other than LTK himself because he lost his VP role in Aljunied GRC Town Council and got nothing in return. So far nobody mentioned this. But maybe this part of the story does not fit the overall script too well.

Well, two things - Some people just don't like WP and would go all out to discredit them; or they are trying to outdone our resident political analyst.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a few points of contention. The lack of Indian minorities is rather true for WP. But unless you want to have and eat your cake, tokenism and absence cannot be used by the same person. By the way, its Sajeev and not Soma, and the way you name it sounds like it was Soma in a scandal rather than WP.

James Gomez, if that's who you were referring to, just doesn't make the cut. He can't even shine in SDP. He tends to focus too much on himself than on the people and what's important.

The political analyst explains that people like Chen Show Mao is given less party responsibility so that he can focus in his role as parliamentarians.

What so difficult about be a MP ? What so different about WP MP as compared to other party MP not only in Singapore but all other countries in the world?

Does Chen hold MPS everyday ? How often he go walk-about and door-knocking ? How often he ever dare to speak up in Parliament ? Then why is MP job take up so much of his time and energy that he is unable to perform his party post? What can't WP MP multitask?

If WP MPs can't even multi-task and perform both MP and party post, how can they ever form a government and perform the duty of Minister? Must Chen resign from his MP post so that he can accept position in the government?

Being an opposition MP is difficult in Singapore. The entire system was designed to make it that way. So I do not blame opposition MPs for not being able to do what MPs in other countries do. But I was comparing Chen to Low and Sylvia. If Sylvia can have 3 chairman posts, I don't see why Chen can't take one post.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

LTK continues to serve as secretary general of WP and chairman of Aljunied CC. Sylvia has 3 chairman posts (Aljunied CC, WP and town council). Both are MPs as well. What I have been saying is that Chen could share the load. He may be new, but isn't untalented or lack leadership talents if he could be accepted into Davis Polk.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LTK continues to serve as secretary general of WP and chairman of Aljunied CC. Sylvia has 3 chairman posts (Aljunied CC, WP and town council). Both are MPs as well. What I have been saying is that Chen could share the load. He may be new, but isn't untalented or lack leadership talents if he could be accepted into Davis Polk.

How do you know he does not have a full-time or part-time job where some of these roles would take up too much of his time if he were to do them well? Whatever it is, it does not mean that he is demoted or less influential as what some forummers are implying.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chair for Media Team and Vice Chair for Media Team ??? What kind of a title is that that require 2 person to perform? What has WP Media Team been doing? Why are they always so quiet on the Media front on national issues as compared to other political parties.

Webmaster and Deputy Webmaster ?? What kind of Webs are they weaving that require 2 person to cho bo lan??? Is the WP website up-to-date? Are they better than other political parties?

Indeed one wonders why there is a need for second ministers of state and ministers without portfolio at the PMO.

How many PAP ministars do you need to change a lightbulb?

Chum.

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal

Chen Show Mao may be a 诸葛亮, but Low Thia Khiang is certainly no 刘备.

刘备 immediately made 诸葛亮 his second-in-command even though the 20-plus greenhorn had no academic or professional qualifications. 孔明 was also viewed with suspicion and resentment by 刘备's party cadres. Neither had he done any grassroot work nor proven himself for the party.

Unlike 诸葛亮, Chen Show Mao joined the party at the peak of his glittering career, having overly proven himself with impressive academic qualifications and remarkable professional accomplishments. He was also popularly elected by party cadres into CEC with the highest votes. He was hardworking in the party grassroot, well-liked by his constituents and was a critical factor in WP Aljunied victory.

Yet, Low Thia Khiang does not have the foresight, wisdom, confidence and magnanimity as 刘备 to give more responsibility to a rare talent like Chen.

Instead, Low Thia Khiang is behaving as a petty, jealous, intolerant small-time player like 刘表.

Both green-eyed clowns are only capable of surrounding themselves with toadying cronies and bootlicking ass-kissers while driving away people from joining them. Like Low Thia Khiang’s shabby treatment of Chen Show Mao, 诸葛亮 had been living under 刘表’s nose for ages yet 刘表 refused to recognize and promote him despite 诸葛亮’s widespread accolade.

刘备 had to 三顾茅庐 to awaken and hire his 卧龙. Yet WP’s very own 飞龙 had to 三顾茅庐 to the WP HQ to awake the Party and get himself hired.

“用人当如刘玄德,Low Thia Khiang的人若豚犬耳!”