• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Y need to show ID to enjoy Senior Citizen rates for movie tickets?

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I fail to comprehend the issue. What's so difficult in showing an ID? Won't you lose money if people take advantage of your business if everyone abuse concession meant for a small group of people? These checks must be in place.

hi there

1. bro, bingo!
2. if you are old, you are old.
3. there is nothing to hide.
4. daft sheep mentality or what!

StonebridgeLeaner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do we need to show ID to enjoy Senior Citizen rates for movie tickets? Can't they take our word for it?

I remember reading about this in the Straits Times early 2009 about people complaining about how Cinemas in Singapore insisted on people showing their ID to enjoy Senior Citizen rates and that other countries do not require the show of IDs.

When I visited a GV Cinema in early 2009 with my mum, I wasn't asked to show an ID to purchase a Senior Citizen movie ticket. But recently, I was asked to show the ID (at the same GV Cinema) and was told that this has always been the case.

But I wasn't asked to show an ID (to enjoy Senior Citizen rates) when I recently visited the Singapore Museum with my mum.

So is this a Singapore problem or a GV problem? :mad:

Looks can be deceiving. I mean, in the sense that people sometimes are younger than they look. ID is a form of certifying the right maturity to qualify for movie subsidies, so it is your problem and your mother's problem, not that of Singapore of GV.

Stop putting issues out of context m'lady, thank you.

PS If you want, give your mother the rfid microchip implant and with a scanner it'd be hassle free and she can be certified easily in any cinema across the island nation. How about that?