• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Barclays SG VicePresident: SG NS is a joke. Want real army? Pay for professional

lesMISERABLES

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everytime some foreigner (or 'newly converted' Sinkie) makes some disparaging remark (usually on Facebook or blogs or ST forum) about NS or immigration or xenophobia or how stupid Sinkies are... yet another nail is driven into the coffin of the PAP.

Keep up the good work!

I agree with you, laksaboy. Sometimes Singaporeans need to be told how ridiculous or stupid some of the PAP policies are. Remember the tale of "The Emperor's new clothes"?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I still don't understand why most locals insist that foreigners have no right to comment on their affairs? Isn't the citizen exclusive right to vote the one that actually counts? Why so upset?

Voicing an opinion (commenting) and voting (taking action) are totally seperate matters and should be treated as such.

Commenting is one thing, insulting is another. If you are enjoying our hospitality, you should know basic decorum. You didn't come in to comment, you insulted us.
Until you are a citizen, you don't have the right to insult sinkees.

If half the population of Germany are foreigners and they insult Germany, what would be your reaction? You have yet to answer my question on how would Germans handle a similar situation as we have in Sinkapore where 40 percent of foreigners make up the population? Let me tell you what they will do - Nazism rise again.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, Barclays has seen how the PAP government can't be bothered. So, they may just not do anything about it. Look at Seagate management ...have they taken action against the Pinoy engineer who sneer at sinkees on FB? Nope.

How about becoming a bit more self-confident and ignoring such shit stirrers? They dont matter at all.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How about becoming a bit more self-confident and ignoring such shit stirrers? They dont matter at all.

This has nothing to do with confidence. We are confident and proud, that's why we take offence.

We have ignored foreigners for far too long ...that's why they are so cavalier in hurling insults at our country and the people. I don't give a hoot if they are not here. But they are enjoying our hospitality ...they are taking jobs which sinkees could do ...yet they have the intestinal fortitude to treat us with contempt. That makes my blood boil. Trust me, it will be a matter of time before sinkees become truly xenophobic, like the Neo-Nazis in Germany if such incidents grow.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Commenting is one thing, insulting is another. If you are enjoying our hospitality, you should know basic decorum. You didn't come in to comment, you insulted us.
Until you are a citizen, you don't have the right to insult sinkees.

I don't get it. A citizenship will not change my character. Why should it change the way i do or think about things? Why is it ok to get insulted by a local but not by a foreigner?

What is an insult? Everybody has a different treshold, it's impossible to keep everybody happy. But that is certainly no reason to forbid a human being to speak up. Or is there such law here?

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

NS is a PAP thing that has been forced on Sporeans. PM Lee has said that it is part of the Spore identity :eek:
So can the PAP afford to ignore people criticise or make fun of the PAP brand:confused:

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
If this FT think he is really very smart, he would not have posted such comments on Facebook. If he did not know the consequences, he is ignorant. If he did know the consequences and posted the message anyway, then he is pretty low on IQ or EQ or probably both.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should have heeded your own advice when you started moaning about those gory roadkill pics of those Tampines boys. :rolleyes:

My advice is not meant as a general rule to life. Those pictures matter to me, some russian investment banker uttering half-assed senseless crap on Facebook does not.

A picture says more than 1000 words.

Last edited:

crackhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
If this FT think he is really very smart, he would not have posted such comments on Facebook. If he did not know the consequences, he is ignorant. If he did know the consequences and posted the message anyway, then he is pretty low on IQ or EQ or probably both.

in any case, that's the standard of talent we are letting into the country nowadays......

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You should have heeded your own advice when you started moaning about those gory roadkill pics of those Tampines boys. :rolleyes:

peppertail goalkeeper makes a blunder and presents laksaboy with an open goal.........laksa takes it.........and SCORES! 1-0