• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Low Thia Khiang continues to put down Chen Show Mao inside WP

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, I really don't know about it but from other people, they said CSM has somehow quietly shut himself out. His facebook also quiet now. As I have said, if WP is not careful, CSM may just become a one term MP.

Goh Meng Seng

Not that he has a language problem or a lack of intelligence. In fact, he is linguistically very capable and he has tonnes of intellect. But somehow I don't think public speaking comes naturally to him. He seems to need to spend time preparing his speeches. That is why his speeches seemed structured including those parts that were meant to arouse emotion. Looking reserved is part of his introvert nature. Over the years his business dealings allowed him to overcome much of this but you can still detect a certain amount of unease.

Last edited:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, I really don't know about it but from other people, they said CSM has somehow quietly shut himself out. His facebook also quiet now. As I have said, if WP is not careful, CSM may just become a one term MP.

Goh Meng Seng

I see it this way: When your boss feels threatened by you, what do you do? You either stand up and usurp his position, or you keep a low profile and go about your duties quietly, hoping to gain his trust in the long term, even if you're not given any major roles to play. I believe CSM is doing the latter. He is not stupid, neither is he incompetent.

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see it this way: When your boss feels threatened by you, what do you do? You either stand up and usurp his position, or you keep a low profile and go about your duties quietly, hoping to gain his trust in the long term, even if you're not given any major roles to play. I believe CSM is doing the latter. He is not stupid, neither is he incompetent.

“在中国历史上最伟大的贞观之治就不是一言堂式的全民团结,就是有喜欢諌言喜欢说真话不怕被唐太宗讨厌的魏徵,才有了贞观之治。
在这国会的任期里,希望明理的执政党可以做唐太宗,而我们来做魏徵,开出太平盛世,而不是一个执政者独断,而小人唯唯诺诺的世代。” – Chen Show Mao

You want the Singapore’s 魏徵 to sit down and shut up??? To be another 唯唯诺诺的小人? How can that be?

Maybe Singapore’s 魏徵 has been far too influenced by Low Thia Khiang and plagiarized his boss behaviour with regard to the PAP:

I see it this way: When PAP feels threatened by Low Thia Khiang, what does he do? He either stands up and usurps their position; or he keeps a low profile in parliament and go about his MP duties quietly, hoping to gain PAP trust in the long term to be a Vichy collaborator in a ‘coalition’ regime, even if he’s not given any major roles to play.

I believe Low Thia Khiang is doing the latter. He is not brave, neither is he competent.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Some people get very angry and emotional and leave the scene full of sound and fury. And then for the rest of their goddamned life try to pin the blame on someone why they cannot fit in in the first place.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You want the Singapore’s 魏徵 to sit down and shut up??? To be another 唯唯诺诺的小人? How can that be?

Maybe Singapore’s 魏徵 has been far too influenced by Low Thia Khiang and plagiarized his boss behaviour with regard to the PAP:

I see it this way: When PAP feels threatened by Low Thia Khiang, what does he do? He either stands up and usurps their position; or he keeps a low profile in parliament and go about his MP duties quietly, hoping to gain PAP trust in the long term to be a Vichy collaborator in a ‘coalition’ regime, even if he’s not given any major roles to play.

I believe Low Thia Khiang is doing the latter. He is not brave, neither is he competent.

Ponggol,

Since you said, hinted, insinuate that there is trouble between the two gentlemen, which of the two you actually support?

Last edited:

Balancemind

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well, it could well be neither of the view so expressed. CSM might have found himself a misfit in the leadership for there is no one within it that can come close to him in intellectual thinking. LTK is no LKY of PAP in stature that can provide CSM with the challenge like what all the top minds of the founding fathers in PAP than have in LKY. Moreover the man who brought him into the Party has already resigned in the circumstances let says was not a sweet parting. This could well be his poblem he found himself in the Party as a lone ranger. Cannot rule out that he may well be a single term MP under the flag of WP. So in the meanwhile it's best to remain low key as he is aware that he cannot leave the Party as of now for that will prejudice the well being of the voters of Aljunied GRC.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Moreover the man who brought him into the Party has already resigned in the circumstances let says was not a sweet parting. This could well be his poblem he found himself in the Party as a lone ranger. Cannot rule out that he may well be a single term MP under the flag of WP. So in the meanwhile it's best to remain low key

So the guy who brought him in and resigned was his intellectual equal? More likely it is forummers here with forked tongues who analysed and commented negatively to his speeches in Parliament that had caused him to be so tongue-tied.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, it could well be neither of the view so expressed. CSM might have found himself a misfit in the leadership for there is no one within it that can come close to him in intellectual thinking. LTK is no LKY of PAP in stature that can provide CSM with the challenge like what all the top minds of the founding fathers in PAP than have in LKY. Moreover the man who brought him into the Party has already resigned in the circumstances let says was not a sweet parting. This could well be his poblem he found himself in the Party as a lone ranger. Cannot rule out that he may well be a single term MP under the flag of WP. So in the meanwhile it's best to remain low key as he is aware that he cannot leave the Party as of now for that will prejudice the well being of the voters of Aljunied GRC.

Please dun speculate.... No intellectual equal ... oh come on... do you really think that WP leadership are make up of imbeciles?

sure some of them but nt of them.... and joining a party is like joining a company .. not like joining a club, do you quit your job just because the person who recommend you leave...

and how many top minds did CSM recruited into the party?

I already said the amount of responsibility is up to him.... in a party whith such limited resources.. the sky is the limit ...

if he choose to be a bit less active and spend more time Paya Lebar instead of in the party... that s only natural....

U are really 1 stupid cock

Balancemind

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please dun speculate.... No intellectual equal ... oh come on... do you really think that WP leadership are make up of imbeciles?

sure some of them but nt of them.... and joining a party is like joining a company .. not like joining a club, do you quit your job just because the person who recommend you leave...

and how many top minds did CSM recruited into the party?

I already said the amount of responsibility is up to him.... in a party whith such limited resources.. the sky is the limit ...

if he choose to be a bit less active and spend more time Paya Lebar instead of in the party... that s only natural....

U are really 1 stupid cock[/QUOTE

No speculation on my part. Just an observation from outside. Whether that proposition will come to past only time will tell. As to whether the leadership of WP are made up of imbeciles as you so asked my rebuttle is for the citizens to ponder on it. On my part all that I can say of them is that they are too gentlemen with the FAP to a fault that their wanting to occupy the co-driver seat beside PM has been sorely missing when PM openly told the voters of Hougang off that he has no time for them to elect their new MP a situation that came to pass that it's not nice to repeat again.

ahkow

Alfrescian
Loyal

Who brought CSM to the Workers Party? Nobody. It is on the record that he approached the WP on his own accord sometime after GE2006.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who brought CSM to the Workers Party? Nobody. It is on the record that he approached the WP on his own accord sometime after GE2006.
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?90897-How-Did-Chen-Show-Mao-Come-About-In-This-Arena

I checked with some old banker friends. I got the picture. Nothing confidential or secret. CSM became friend of Eric Tan when he advised Royal Bank of Canda when Eric Tan was one of the GMs. Eric Tan is now WP treasurer and will be leading a team to East Coast GRC.

ahkow

Alfrescian
Loyal

Knowing Eric Tan before does not necessarily imply than Eric brought him to WP. Similarly, CSM has a number of ex-classmates who are in the PAP. In his first interview with the press, he mentioned that he was even introduced briefly to GY when he went to met up with an old classmate for kopi. That ex-classmate happened to be helping GY with his MPS that day. I rather inclined to believe that he contemplated his options and decided on joining WP after intimate discussions with LTK and SL.
GY in his exit interview mentioned that he regretted not spending more time with CSM when they were first introduced that day beyond a courtesy
handshake.

Last edited:

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not that he has a language problem or a lack of intelligence. In fact, he is linguistically very capable and he has tonnes of intellect. But somehow I don't think public speaking comes naturally to him. He seems to need to spend time preparing his speeches. That is why his speeches seemed structured including those parts that were meant to arouse emotion. Looking reserved is part of his introvert nature. Over the years his business dealings allowed him to overcome much of this but you can still detect a certain amount of unease.

If Chen Show Mao is an introvert, reserved, unease and no public speaking skill, then how on earth did he get himself elected as President of the Student Council in NJC when he was a mere teenager?

“Give me a break. This whole thing is the biggest fairy tale I’ve ever seen.” – Bill Clinton

How the hell did the NJC students and teachers elect Chen into the Student Council, and then elect him to be their President? Why the hell did they elect a foreigner, who was still holding his Taiwan passport and not even a talent yet? Why the hell did they elect someone who had just lived in Singapore for barely 5 years? Why the hell did they elect someone who only started to learn English just 5 years ago and spoke with a weird, undecipherable accent?

Then, NJC was established as a premier school to train Singapore’s future leaders. And the future leaders of this nation had elected Chen Show Mao as their leader, ie ‘王中之王’.

Yet Low Thia Khiang, the Smart Alec, thinks that he is smarter than the NJC students/teachers as well as the WP cadres. Instead of appointing Chen to be his Party General, the self-opinionated Low with a very low self-esteem, is mocking Chen as his footsoldier by condemning him to do guard duty and area cleaning.

No wonder Chen Show Mao is now so quiet, just like……
韜光養晦 Chen Show Mao 藏器於身,待時而動
[video=youtube;c0UoiK6thT4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0UoiK6thT4[/video]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0UoiK6thT4

Unfortunately, like 魏明帝, Low Thia Khiang will only promote Chen to a WP 大将军 when GE2016 is near to use him to rally against other Opposition parties. Hopefully, Chen Show Mao will learn his lesson just as 司馬懿 had learnt his.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If Chen Show Mao is an introvert, reserved, unease and no public speaking skill, then how on earth did he get himself elected as President of the Student Council in NJC when he was a mere teenager?

How the hell did the NJC students and teachers elect Chen into the Student Council, and then elect him to be their President? .....

Before you talk like you know what you are talking, try to understand a bit more of school boys politics, especially in those early days.

CSM was a mere teenager. Who else was not a mere teenager at JC level? All you need to do is to listen carefully to his speeches particularly in English to understand what I was talking about. His searches for words or rather for memory told us much that his were very structured speeches down to the "for the effect" parts. I did not say he cannot make a good prepared speech. What I said he was not a natural orator.

If you think all student council leaders make good public speakers, there are many such examples even among the PAP MPs. How really good public speakers they all are?

You have been making a lot of unsubstantiated but serious allegations about the relations between CEC members in WP. Your constant drawing upon analogies from past Chinese Court intrigues, some even from fictional dramas, which have no real relevance to the issue at hand showed how really weak your argument is as all these do not help a single bit. We are still waiting for some solid evidence, not insinuation. If you have nothing better to offer, could you please close the big gap?

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have been making a lot of unsubstantiated but serious allegations about the relations between CEC members in WP. Your constant drawing upon analogies from past Chinese Court intrigues, some even from fictional dramas, which have no real relevance to the issue at hand showed how really weak your argument is as all these do not help a single bit. We are still waiting for some solid evidence, not insinuation. If you have nothing better to offer, could you please close the big gap?

why r u feeding the troll...? he doesnt even know who is jane...how can he know whats happening in CEC now

jane is not even some mystery woman... she been on newspaper before...

My point in that earlier post was that jane has been running things and irreplacable even b4 she got a post so likewise csm doesnt need a post to be indispensible

now stop feeding troll

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
No photo also such a big deal to you and using so much ink to paint a big story. If such a nitty gritty thing means so much to you, you should immediately have a brain check. Otherwise larger things in life will consume you completely. That is for your own good. There are many good and more likely reasons for not having a photo, like don't have a nice one at the moment. Have some patience, bro - just another piece of good advice.

I always see a white-haired lady in the photos showing WP's activities. Is that Jane Leong?

ahkow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Before you talk like you know what you are talking, try to understand a bit more of school boys politics, especially in those early days.

CSM was a mere teenager. Who else was not a mere teenager at JC level? All you need to do is to listen carefully to his speeches particularly in English to understand what I was talking about. His searches for words or rather for memory told us much that his were very structured speeches down to the "for the effect" parts. I did not say he cannot make a good prepared speech. What I said he was not a natural orator.

If you think all student council leaders make good public speakers, there are many such examples even among the PAP MPs. How really good public speakers they all are?

From what I gather, CSM was no introvert in NJC. He was just more matured and serious than most other students. He was also very active in college activites unlike most students in NJC at that time.