• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Swimming coach can make $8-10k per month meh!

AhGuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Swimming the entire length (or is it breath) of the pool underwater is actually the requirement for some swimming survival badges.
It must be for when the enemy are firing above you and you have no choice but to not come up for air.......................

And I was also motivated by being able to watch young girls legs and bottoms when underwater ..... and sometimes, cleavages as well .....

jw5

Loyal
Of course you need a swimming coach. I had taken lessons as a kid back in the late 1980s, and had even taken the lifesavers course where you had to swim with pajamas on.

Yeah, that is probably for when you are on a cruise ship sleeping and the ship is about to sink and you have to swim in your pyjamas.

I recall that you also had to strip off the pyjamas and make a float with them. Guess it's better to be naked and float then to be dressed and sink.

Hey! Maybe that's how those ah tiong guys got naked!

jw5

Loyal
And I was also motivated by being able to watch young girls legs and bottoms when underwater ..... and sometimes, cleavages as well .....

some of the things you don't want to see, like ugly hair sticking out of swimming costumes or bubbles formed when they fart............

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
guys, i very surprise leh. how come swimming must take lesson one har? i cannot remember how i learn to swim. just follow and copy those can swim. after a few sessions, can swim frog style and freestyle liaoz.

knn, basic survival skill also need to pay money. blur

uncle, u no kid huh? swimming lesson not so much to learn to swim but survival course in water. kids nowsaday must obtain water survival standard by the time they complete primary school. instead of letting kid follow the school for swimming lesson, i rather pay for him to learn under a better enviorment. the school standard is bring the whole cohort (6-7 classes) to the pools after school and only a few coaches plus teachers to jahgar the whole lot. i rather my son to learn now and dont waste his time when the school start swimming lesson as he obtain the required level.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You must have had swimming lessons (unofficial ones, possibly in the sea) and a swimming coach (possibly father, brothers, neighbours, friends), but they were free so you forgot.

Yes back in the days everything 'self taught' or learnt this way....even my first driving lesson was taught by my elder brother. Then you go to school and instructions were more formalized...those with more self motivation go to the library to read up and do research.
Personal coaches and instructors were reserved for the super rich

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From what I know, can make 4k a month consistently thau chio liao. 8-10k maybe for a few but not consistent through the year. You don't strike lottery every month.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
The miracles in Singapore never cease. :wink:

Swimming coach earns $8k to $10k per month.

Taxi driver earns $7k per month.

A dishwashing job can earn you $3k per month.

A monthly wage of $1k can buy you a flat.

A bypass operation costs $8.

You can believe whatever you want to believe, but if you believe the above things, I must say you are a person of great faith. :rolleyes:

soon some joker will come out saying he can earn $9k per mth as a private car instrucer

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only conceivable way a swimming coach can earn oodles of money is perhaps when he/she had once represented the country in competitions and won plenty of medals (e.g. Ang Peng Siong). With that reputation and background, he/she can then charge high rates for giving those swimming lessons, and there'll be a demand for it.

The same goes for a 'celebrity' personal trainer, or some famous instructor of martial arts.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only conceivable way a swimming coach can earn oodles of money is perhaps when he/she had once represented the country in competitions and won plenty of medals (e.g. Ang Peng Siong). With that reputation and background, he/she can then charge high rates for giving those swimming lessons, and there'll be a demand for it.

The same goes for a 'celebrity' personal trainer, or some famous instructor of martial arts.

Swim coach need licence or not? I can do this as sideline and buy the new 7 series!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
soon some joker will come out saying he can earn $9k per mth as a private car instrucer

Possible. The chap must be someone who does not need more than 4 hrs of sleep per day....better still he sleeps in his car.....schedule his students back to back appointments 20 hours per day.....

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Swim coach need licence or not? I can do this as sideline and buy the new 7 series!

to teach in public pools, you need to pass the SSC certification, which is not recognized anywhere except this counry.
if you have a foreign qualification, you still cannot teach in public pools unless you have the SSC cert...

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Making 8 to 10k per month is easy.

If you start a website which garners 500 subscribers and each subscriber pays USD12.95 per month, that's 500x$12.95 = USD6475 or SGD8018.

The sky is the limit but even if you only have 0.000001% of the traffic that Google gets monthly, you're still reaping tens of thousands of dollars every month without having to do much real work.

The fact is there is alot of work to get google traffic, page rank and keyword density for seo etc, then there is paid traffic + conversion. You have to convert your landing page + squeeze page + market demand. Not so easy, like trading only the top 5% r really making money from internet and unfortunately those top 5% r mostly acquainted.

I'm struggling to get my blog post viral on my own without guest post without network without commenting. Unless you can prove to readers you lead a decent living using your knowledge, they are crap to your words.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The fact is there is alot of work to get google traffic, page rank and keyword density for seo etc, then there is paid traffic + conversion. You have to convert your landing page + squeeze page + market demand. Not so easy, like trading only the top 5% r really making money from internet and unfortunately those top 5% r mostly acquainted.

I'm struggling to get my blog post viral on my own without guest post without network without commenting. Unless you can prove to readers you lead a decent living using your knowledge, they are crap to your words.

If you know your Internet marketing, there isn't much need for seo ranking, it will rank top by itself.

People who do not know about marketing and selling better stay away from self - employment and lick your boss balls for a living.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

That is not the case once you've identified your niche. Most of the traffic to the forums that I started were all via word of mouth. Google adwords didn't exist at the time. I don't even know what SEO is all about.