• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

KNN Writ Of Seizure For CC Debt Less than 10K

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
i just hope his story don't turn out to be a sad one like:

"my grandmother fell very ill, i had to take care of my younger siblings in pri sch. I am the lone breadwinner. I had to use by credit card to pay hospital bills and school fees.. the banks... they now press me endlessly... very heartless these banks."

Another one of those sob stories.

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must be something to do with you paying up your bills on time?

But how could Standchart be so heartless as to sue the losers who incur credit card bill and are unable to pay? Isn't the bank supposed to have a heart and let these losers off? :rolleyes:

If the bank have a heart, these guys wouldn't be labelled losers now would they?

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know about anyone here, I find Stand Chart to be one of the worst bank ever. Lousy service and does not bother to care for its client.

if i were bank, I only care for those who are rich. I wouldn't give a fuck about those who borrow money from me and can't pay up.

Royal Canin Feline 32

Alfrescian
Loyal
chee bye kia i already out of job sack simi lan cheow

tew lei loh moh

You are one of those with "entitlement" mentality.

That is what MM Lee has warned Singaporeans about. You think goodies must come to you from the sky rather than work hard for them.

KNN you should be replace by foreigners.

Soul_Reaper

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know about anyone here, I find Stand Chart to be one of the worst bank ever. Lousy service and does not bother to care for its client.

I think their service standards vary in different parts of the world...... I have been using StanChart for more than 20 years in Malaysia and I am satisfied with them but I cancelled my Singapore StanChart account because I cannot tahan their horrible service here...... it seems that in Singapore our money in the bank is THEIR money and we need to get their approval to use it :mad: ...... suka suka deduct for this agency or gahmen dept WITHOUT our consent. :mad:

Now I only use StanChart when I go to Malaysia or London..... their service there is excellent too.

Balllessme

Alfrescian
Loyal
have a quick repayment with them... 10 k not that much...

Work out a 500.00 per month should be ok for them..
Seriously SCB... is one of the more Kan Jiong Bank... anything more than 30 to 60 days..
They start to call liao. One quick qn, they never call u meh before the summon issued?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most probably credit card debt.
1. Over spend, fancy restuarant, branded stuff
2. Installment plan buying eg,. electrical, holiday
3. Car petrol/insurance
4. Gambling

All above deserve to be bankrupt.
Unless maybe really sad because use for medical bill.

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
have a quick repayment with them... 10 k not that much...

Work out a 500.00 per month should be ok for them..
Seriously SCB... is one of the more Kan Jiong Bank... anything more than 30 to 60 days..
They start to call liao. One quick qn, they never call u meh before the summon issued?

he already lost his job. how to pay $500 per month? in the first place, if he had bothered to save about $500 every month, he would not be in such predicament.

its good that banks become kanjiong over such things. we don't want banks here to end up bankrupt, causing depositors to lose their savings.

Balllessme

Alfrescian
Loyal
he already lost his job. how to pay $500 per month? in the first place, if he had bothered to save about $500 every month, he would not be in such predicament.

its good that banks become kanjiong over such things. we don't want banks here to end up bankrupt, causing depositors to lose their savings.

Would suggest to get a job... Inform the Bank the starting date... to start paying...

Actually the bank is more interested to sit down to discuss as they also dun want him to go Bankrupt. Once that happen, the monies is considered gone....

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Any legal advisers here can help? CCB StanChart worst than the ah longs.

Its already too late to work out any payments with stanchart. Once it goes to court, and a judgement is registered against you, even stanchart cannot set aside the court order by direct negotiation with you. The court has ordered u to pay the full $10K within 1 day from the letter. I assume u do not have it. Than they are to go to the premises with bailiffs to seize your assets. U have not really provided enough info to give u legal advise. Questions like is this a business loan? Personal Loan? What did u pledge as collateral or is this unsecured?

It seems to me that is a business loan with a specific type of asset pledge or a car loan with a specific asset pledge. Normally in unsecured lending, there is nothing for them to seize. So, u have a choice of either hiding the collateral, moving it out of the premises, or just giving it to them. Also note that the writ is only valid for the address the court says the document. If u move your asset to another location, they have to go and get another writ.

Lets say u do have the collateral and they get it. They will than sell it. If they cannot realise the $10K, they will come oafter u for the difference as u are the personal guarantor. If you don't have the money for the difference, they will make u a bankrupt.

This is my understanding of the process. i might be wrong. good luck.

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
smearer thanks for the adviCe

it's personal and amount not even 10K can suka suka ask sub court for writ of seizure?

i'm poor as a church mouse now so no collateral.

KNN all these cheebye bank, temasek and court all in it together.

Its already too late to work out any payments with stanchart. Once it goes to court, and a judgement is registered against you, even stanchart cannot set aside the court order by direct negotiation with you. The court has ordered u to pay the full $10K within 1 day from the letter. I assume u do not have it. Than they are to go to the premises with bailiffs to seize your assets. U have not really provided enough info to give u legal advise. Questions like is this a business loan? Personal Loan? What did u pledge as collateral or is this unsecured?

It seems to me that is a business loan with a specific type of asset pledge or a car loan with a specific asset pledge. Normally in unsecured lending, there is nothing for them to seize. So, u have a choice of either hiding the collateral, moving it out of the premises, or just giving it to them. Also note that the writ is only valid for the address the court says the document. If u move your asset to another location, they have to go and get another writ.

Lets say u do have the collateral and they get it. They will than sell it. If they cannot realise the $10K, they will come oafter u for the difference as u are the personal guarantor. If you don't have the money for the difference, they will make u a bankrupt.

This is my understanding of the process. i might be wrong. good luck.

jw5

Loyal
The most hilarious thing about stanchart these days is their advertisement.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
smearer thanks for the adviCe

it's personal and amount not even 10K can suka suka ask sub court for writ of seizure?

i'm poor as a church mouse now so no collateral.

KNN all these cheebye bank, temasek and court all in it together.

Ok, sorry, i did not realise that it was CC debt. I forgot. So, that means its is unsecured. They will have up to 10 days to come and seize your property. The property can be considered what they call moveable or immoveable. If u have jewelry or 50 in LCD Tv or some stuff like that they can come and seize it and auction it off to recoup their $10K. So, the immediate thing for you to do is to move out and take everything with you. Let them come and look for you. If you have other people staying at that address, u can instruct them to say that u have moved out and taken everything with you. As far as I know, they will not seize the items in your flat if the other occupants claim that it is their own property.

U still need to know that if you manage to avoid them and they cannot get anything from you, they will still proceed to make an application for the court to declare u a bankrupt.