• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

KNN Writ Of Seizure For CC Debt Less than 10K

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
he stated CC debt. cc = credit card.

means the balif will go to to his flat to paste sticker.

sorry, I missed that part. in fact with the writ of seizure already issued, the bailiff can go in and start taking the personal property.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
But how could Standchart be so heartless as to sue the losers who incur credit card bill and are unable to pay? Isn't the bank supposed to have a heart and let these losers off? :rolleyes:

If banks don't penalise those who default on their payments, it indirectly punishes all those who manage their accounts in a prudent manner.

Why should I have to cover the losses made by irresponsible idiots who live beyond their means which is exactly what would be happening if the banks wrote off these bad debts.:rolleyes:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why should I have to cover the losses made by irresponsible idiots who live beyond their means which is exactly what would be happening if the banks wrote off these bad debts.:rolleyes:

Hey, don't knock it. We get tons of free miles from the people who keep rolling their credit card debts.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Hey, don't knock it. We get tons of free miles from the people who keep rolling their credit card debts.

There is nothing wrong with paying the minimum sum only. If everyone paid in full, the CC companies would go belly up in no time.

Paying interest on money owed is part and parcel of financial management.

However, writing off bad debt penalises those who play by the rules and results in higher interest charges in the long term.

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
If banks don't penalise those who default on their payments, it indirectly punishes all those who manage their accounts in a prudent manner.

credit cards... take advantage of their credit period, pay in full and make the damn bank incur the cost of issuing those cards.

Why should diligent depositers and honest savers be penalised. while those who spend and splurge extravagantly simply get away scot-free?

if those who are in financial difficulties are not penalised, then who in this society would want to save and deposit money in the bank? the whole world will go into total bankruptcy, collapse and extinction.

so far, ccbscb has not mention what those debts are for.
(does my list of 10 items help ccbscb recall what those debts are for?)

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any legal advisers here can help? CCB StanChart worst than the ah longs.

do u own a flat? talk to the bank, sell it. ask the bank to give u time and u settle the lump sum once and for all. i guess u must be stop paying the minimum amount for a long time. start all over again if u got balance after u clear all your debts. dont play cat and mouse game with them. dont go into legal battle with them, end of the day u gotta foot their legal bills. hope this help.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any legal advisers here can help? This fucking bank is worse than the loan sharks.

If the amount is really less than $10k, just let them auction the items seized. After that they will close the file. You just pay them the next time you need to take a loan from any Singapore bank.

But you're still a real loser for not paying up your debts :biggrin:

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the amount is really less than $10k, just let them auction the items seized. After that they will close the file. You just pay them the next time you need to take a loan from any Singapore bank.

But you're still a real loser for not paying up your debts :biggrin:

1) always pay on time. pay in full.
2) no money, don't buy.

the Haves, the Haves-not, and the Have-beens.
this guy here is probably a Have-not, trying hard to be a Haves, but now reduced to a Have-been.

Don Muthuswamy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any legal advisers here can help? This fucking bank is worse than the loan sharks.

Yes Std Chrt is 1 of the CCB banks where even if u default 1 pymt they send u lawyer letter. My friend owed them just $2,000+ & missed 1 pymt & they sent him lawyer letter. At that time it was the lawyers I think Yeo Leong Peh. These r CB lawyers with no mercy. Dun know now they change lawyers or what.

clown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes Std Chrt is 1 of the CCB banks where even if u default 1 pymt they send u lawyer letter. My friend owed them just $2,000+ & missed 1 pymt & they sent him lawyer letter. At that time it was the lawyers I think Yeo Leong Peh. These r CB lawyers with no mercy. Dun know now they change lawyers or what.

I do not know your friend but I know he is not telling you the truth. Miss 1 payment is only 30 days past due. Not eligible for lawyer's letter. Town Council maybe, but not banks.

clown

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think their service standards vary in different parts of the world...... I have been using StanChart for more than 20 years in Malaysia and I am satisfied with them but I cancelled my Singapore StanChart account because I cannot tahan their horrible service here...... it seems that in Singapore our money in the bank is THEIR money and we need to get their approval to use it :mad: ...... suka suka deduct for this agency or gahmen dept WITHOUT our consent. :mad:

Now I only use StanChart when I go to Malaysia or London..... their service there is excellent too.

Why is StanChart in Singapore horrible? Please give examples.

I find StanChart service superior to Citibank but less than Maybank.

clown

Alfrescian
Loyal
smearer thanks for the adviCe

it's personal and amount not even 10K can suka suka ask sub court for writ of seizure?

i'm poor as a church mouse now so no collateral.

KNN all these cheebye bank, temasek and court all in it together.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

It would seem that you will need to have a writ enforced against you. It is not a pleasant feeling, so be prepared.

Also contrary to what another forumer said, you will not be able to get a loan from any bank in Singapore thereafter. Even if you get a full discharge, which you can't since a church mouse lives on faith, banks will still steer clear of you.

As what Papsmearer said, salvage your precious belongings.

Cursing the bank does not help as you are in the wrong - you borrow you pay. Why should any of the gods hear prayers from people who do wrong? But if you think through and be determined not to repeat the same mistake, you will have a better chance to succeed.

Look at the bright side - it is only $10K. Even if you are poor but if you are willing to work hard, you will be able to pay it back within one year or two years at most. Then with a full discharge, you just might be able to find a bank that will take a small risk on you. However the plaintiff bank will never grant you any sort of credit line. This is irrespective of whether it is StanChart or any other bank. Not unless an indonesian magnate names you as his heir.

Since life (or you yourself) has given you some bitter lemons, just get a job now (it will be difficult once you are a bankrupt) and pay off your debts.

Bite the bullet, grit your teeth and make a life.

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
None of these are capable of breaking the bank :wink:

no. but a combination of a few done repeatedly certainly can.

1) changing car every 3 years
2) upgrading car with those beng modifications every 1 year
3) changing latest handphone every 1 month
4) changing latest laptop every 3 month
5) buying everything on installments
6) endless taxi rides
7) your girlfriend is those typical shallow SG bitch who can drop dead and die if she is asked to take bus or MRT?
8) meals at high class restaurants
9) branded goods from Europe and Tokyo.
10) partying, clubbing, drinking, karaoke at MOS, Butterfactory, Zouk

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I do not know your friend but I know he is not telling you the truth. Miss 1 payment is only 30 days past due. Not eligible for lawyer's letter. Town Council maybe, but not banks.

This is stanchart's risk management strategy. They contract with a law firm that will give them a good price for generating these lawyer letters. The lawyer letter is basically a scare tactic by the bank. Most othe financial institutions do not even bother with the lawyer until you are way behind, or they cannot contact you, or cannot reach an agreement with you, etc. stanchart knows that if you are behind in payments to them, than u are probably behind to other creditors too. They want to scare u into putting them first in your priority for making payments to your creditor. That way, if you have spare money, u will pay them first before others.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think their service standards vary in different parts of the world...... I have been using StanChart for more than 20 years in Malaysia and I am satisfied with them but I cancelled my Singapore StanChart account because I cannot tahan their horrible service here...... it seems that in Singapore our money in the bank is THEIR money and we need to get their approval to use it :mad: ...... suka suka deduct for this agency or gahmen dept WITHOUT our consent. :mad:

Now I only use StanChart when I go to Malaysia or London..... their service there is excellent too.

What service are you talking about? If you go to their bank for payment, they refer you to a machine.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it is really less than $10k, he will not be bankrupted. The bank will close the file and black mark him after the auction.

You're right that a full discharge will not make him loanworthy. However, full payment of the debt will, as it will clear his credit bureau record. $9k may be a lot of money to him now but in a few years he should be able to repay that amount to SCB with interest easily.

r said, you will not be able to get a loan from any bank in Singapore thereafter. Even if you get a full discharge, which you can't since a church mouse lives on faith, banks will still steer clear of you.