• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man with 8cm gash waited 7 hours in vain at A&E only to faint from blood loss

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
so you are a bitter person. you screamed at the doctor because you lost control, your anger and arrogance got over you.so you missed your chance to be a doctor. so you can also diagnose a fracture just by looking at the injury. good for you.maybe you are just a medical dropout and you are now taking revenge and going around testing doctors.

why don't you take the hot seat at the ER and see how you manage 120 patients on your shift of 8 hours...of course it does not take a genius to be a doctor. i always respect my doctor,especially those ER doctors. they have to handle difficult patients and most important of all, they have to handle difficult people like your goodself who are so judgemental and who are so contemptuous of young doctors.

if you think all doctors go in for the money, you are damned bloody wrong. if you think all doctors make millions, you again are bloody wrong. i know my GP very well. he is a humble man. he stays in a HDB flat. he does not earn millions. he charges reasonably and sometimes he waive his charges for the poor and the needy. we still have very good and compassionate doctors around. you must be one very bitter man - a failed medical student or a medical dropout....

if you want to find fault in a system, there are many.if you want to check on the incompetence of doctors, there are also many.if you have bitterness in your head, everywhere you go and in every doctor you see, there is nothing but bitterness. period.

agreed. he is a bitter man and probbaly sore he missed the boat and couldn't be a doctor when he was young. obviously he does not have any common sense as seen by his post. In life there is no 100% guarantee except death and taxes. such a simple thing and he does not know and yet he shouts at others for the slightest mistake. obviously got rejected for med school for such idiocy.
on the otehr hand 30 years ago only the very, very best and most intelligent becomes a doctor as the number of medical school worldwide is very small and limited and selection based on imtelligence and compassion and alot of people do not make the grade . Nowadays medicals schools are set up overnight, a dime a dozen and for profit and churning of degree mills. there are still good doctors locally and usually they are MBBS(singapore). I have my doubts about tose from overseas esp the young one as alot of them got in by "buying" a place. heard it is very common. Worst are those from India, Filipinoes, Bangla and even UK as most are rejects and turned away from US or Australia or come here for the money when their countries are bankrupt back home like those from UK and Ireland.

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is it cheaper to go a&e

Consultation ranging from $90-100, which pay up front upon registration. Medical procedures and medication fee pay upon discharged from a&e. So really dun understand why got ppl go hospital for common flu and fever. Instead of blaming hospital, the general public also have some blame. As for cgh, there is a Q-ing system, priority patients see first but those minor ailment type csn wait forever. As much as i dun like cgh but the a&e staffs are overwork and locums were hire to meet the shortfall.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
many hospitals in fact have a "GP/Family Physician" clinic within the hospital set up.
again, the problem is getting and recruiting doctors to run this " GP " centre....

education is still the most important tool to combat the abuses and crowding of the A E.....

the GP clinic should be setup within the same A&E dept, not in some external wing 10minutes away. the problem is the filter - the common man is not a doctor and cannot be expected to diagnose between emergencies and non-emergencies. fix the filter and the crowds should ease.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the GP clinic should be setup within the same A&E dept, not in some external wing 10minutes away. the problem is the filter - the common man is not a doctor and cannot be expected to diagnose between emergencies and non-emergencies. fix the filter and the crowds should ease.

i agree with you...the problem is again: doctors.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yup he had to queue due to the illegals clogging up the system. But the hospital was near his house so he went there. they talk soo much about human rights,,,and yet their own people are getting fucked over..that is the cause of Nazism and racism and extreme nationalism. Stupid left wing bleeding heart liberals promoting all this bull shit.

very stupid law, but it is american, they have lots of stupid law there. even if you pay through the nose with medical insurance, you probably die in Emergency department because illegal mexico cogging up the department, why they are there, because it is free.

think about it.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yup he had to queue due to the illegals clogging up the system. But the hospital was near his house so he went there. they talk soo much about human rights,,,and yet their own people are getting fucked over..that is the cause of Nazism and racism and extreme nationalism. Stupid left wing bleeding heart liberals promoting all this bull shit.

just move away from area with lots of niggers or mexician catholic, that is why detroit is empty now, the white move out, the black move in. the black take over and they went bust.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
just move away from area with lots of niggers or mexician catholic, that is why detroit is empty now, the white move out, the black move in. the black take over and they went bust.

this will also happen in some areas of australia....

singapore system is still the best!!!

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why no suing CGH leh?
Life involved in this incident!
Doctors at A&E @ CGH must be doing this lah!
th.jpg

Last edited:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is a well-known info that CGH is a place where patients go there for minor ailments and end up dead. This has been made known on the internet for a very long time already. Serves him right for not keeping himself informed and still think CGH is a good hospital.

It's the PAP government who said no one will be turned away at the hospital doors.

I will remember this man when 2016 comes.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
so you are a bitter person. you screamed at the doctor because you lost control, your anger and arrogance got over you.so you missed your chance to be a doctor. so you can also diagnose a fracture just by looking at the injury. good for you.maybe you are just a medical dropout and you are now taking revenge and going around testing doctors.

why don't you take the hot seat at the ER and see how you manage 120 patients on your shift of 8 hours...of course it does not take a genius to be a doctor. i always respect my doctor,especially those ER doctors. they have to handle difficult patients and most important of all, they have to handle difficult people like your goodself who are so judgemental and who are so contemptuous of young doctors.

if you think all doctors go in for the money, you are damned bloody wrong. if you think all doctors make millions, you again are bloody wrong. i know my GP very well. he is a humble man. he stays in a HDB flat. he does not earn millions. he charges reasonably and sometimes he waive his charges for the poor and the needy. we still have very good and compassionate doctors around. you must be one very bitter man - a failed medical student or a medical dropout....

if you want to find fault in a system, there are many.if you want to check on the incompetence of doctors, there are also many.if you have bitterness in your head, everywhere you go and in every doctor you see, there is nothing but bitterness. period.

Hehe bitter at doctors? Nooooo. I'm just exasperated at their incompetence. Screaming, in Singapore's context is a useful skill when deployed correctly will achieve the desired results. FYI, I've never screamed at anyone in anger.

Now lets get back to the topic proper, which is failure of the Singapore medical system. I did not say there were no good doctors here. But there are plenty of incompetent ones. Medicine, like any other discipline has many subjects to be mastered. Reading xrays is one of them. So is using the stethoscope. I wont be surprised doctors here are good at the memorising medical text part and be mediocre and sometimes downright failure at these two basic tasks but still manage to get certified.

People who want to meddle in human lives should not make any mistakes. Please do not be a doctor if you cannot aspire to this standard. If you think you're a mediocre doctor, please be a vet.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you have the abos
you have the indochinese
you have the immigrants
you have plenty of asians
etc etc etc.....same problems...
the whites are getting fed up....

But the government over there does not give PR or work permits like toilet paper. PAP tops it all. Any Indian, Ah Tiong or Pinoy can easily get PR here when they are rejected elsewhere. That's why they are here in the hundreds of thousands.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Than you should be totally at home with the ultra right-wing party here.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hehe bitter at doctors? Nooooo. I'm just exasperated at their incompetence. Screaming, in Singapore's context is a useful skill when deployed correctly will achieve the desired results. FYI, I've never screamed at anyone in anger.

Now lets get back to the topic proper, which is failure of the Singapore medical system. I did not say there were no good doctors here. But there are plenty of incompetent ones. Medicine, like any other discipline has many subjects to be mastered. Reading xrays is one of them. So is using the stethoscope. I wont be surprised doctors here are good at the memorising medical text part and be mediocre and sometimes downright failure at these two basic tasks but still manage to get certified.

People who want to meddle in human lives should not make any mistakes. Please do not be a doctor if you cannot aspire to this standard. If you think you're a mediocre doctor, please be a vet.

wow youre indeed a very bitter man
you even insult a vet...ok ...got your points.period.