• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Owner for ksl d'esplanade residence

Matahari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Developers who do not deliver should not be allowed to exist in one form or another. I support the effort of our brothers and sisters who have vested, to get their property ASAP.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/...de-Residence-completed-ahead-of-schedule.aspx

Published: Saturday July 20, 2013 MYT 12:00:00 AM*Updated: Saturday July 20, 2013 MYT 7:29:48 AM

KSL: D’ Esplanade Residence completed ahead of schedule

BY NG BEI SHAN*[email protected]

JOHOR BARU: Segamat-based property developer*KSL Holdings Bhd*has clarified that there is no delay to the construction of the D’ Esplanade Residence@KSL City project as reported by the Singaporean media.Executive chairman*Ku Hwa Seng*told local media at a briefing that there was a misunderstanding about the completion timeline of the project, which was believed to be caused by parties that were not related to the company.A group of Singaporean housebuyers had alleged that the project was facing construction delays, changes in project plans and confusing information.“It is stated in the sale and purchase agreement that the project would take three years and not one year to complete as guided by certain quarters. Our sales personnel have said they had not made such promises,” he explained.

Clearing the air, Ku said the project had been completed and was pending the release of the certificate of fitness.

foopiew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Attached is a photo of the swimming pool taken 17 July 2013. When Ku said the project had been completed and was pending the release of the certificate of fitness maybe he has not look at the development when he said that.

Photo 15-7-13 6 33 09 PM.jpg

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can email this to The Star and Mr Ku....cc other media, board members of KSL and major shareholders!

Attached is a photo of the swimming pool taken 17 July 2013. When Ku said the project had been completed and was pending the release of the certificate of fitness maybe he has not look at the development when he said that.

View attachment 11417

foopiew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually when I read the article I feel like laughing.

Ku said "“It is stated in the sale and purchase agreement that the project would take three years and not one year to complete as guided by certain quarters. Our sales personnel have said they had not made such promises,” he explained. "

Below are the latest advertisements. There are also some old advertisement that state it should TOP in 2012. How can it be ahead of time when you miss the date in the advertisement?

Iproperty.JPGPropertyguru.JPGST Property.JPG

LandRover28

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just being told by KSL that keys will be ready by Aug 2013. Exactly early or end Aug remains a mystery.

Honestly, what appall more than the delay is that when I have queries regarding the status of the development, the answer would be :"oh, it's not like Singapore..., down here we blah, blah..."

I would politely shut them up by citing that I'm not comparing them to Singapore developments, but rather to Malaysian's projects. And this also applies to my solicitor that handle the case.

LandRover28

Alfrescian
Loyal
Continue...

This is what I conclude:

1) According to SPA, the project was not delayed. 3 years wef the date of agreement. (not a norm)
2) Sales personnel did in fact told me the TOP was much earlier.
3) According to my solicitor, I quote :"Unlike Singapore, my job is done when the SPA is signed and the bank loan settled."

LandRover28

Alfrescian
Loyal
Continue...

He/She would not know the status of the development and would decline to represent me if there are problems with the project.
Reason: Conflict of interest. (So he/she was paid 5-figures to witness to signatures)
4)To summarise, I think the project will not fail and keys will hand over to us, delayed of course. Actually, I'm quite ok with it.
5) I've learnt a lot in the process and will be smarter next time when buying properties in Malaysia.

Matahari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reputation and trust take years to earn based on actions and not words. So if a developer chose to throw everything away over one project, it is their choice. Anyway this developer has already become quite "famous" and the market is watching them.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some interior photos taken on 3 Aug 2013.

Dinning and side tables look and feel solid....
OptiBox system for kitchen drawers.

DSC_0542.jpgDSC_0229.jpgDSC_0237.jpgDSC_0540.jpgDSC_0541.jpg

Last edited:

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, by law the developer is required to deliver Vacant Possession (VP) within 36 months of the date of the SPA. This probably means earlybirds will be compensated first because their SPA date would be earlier, if the VP is delayed.

Developers offer free legal fees but buyers must appoint developer panel lawyers. What many buyers do not know is that the panel lawyers represent the developer and protect their interests. This is an issue constantly highlighted by HBA (Home buyers association). Buyers can appoint their lawyers but will not enjoy free legal fees. This risk is minimised because developers have to follow the standard SPA schedule prescribed by the Home Ministry, and if there is contention they can approach the home tribunal. As a last resort, buyers can appoint their lawyer to look into matters as the SPA lawyer will not care since he is paid by the developer. Unfortunately this free legal fees thingy is practiced by the industry so the buyer will not have much recourse Unless buyer choose to pay his own lawyer even when buying from developer.

Last edited:

kevshen

Alfrescian
Loyal
my unit is D3a.

Anyone started looking for a renovation contractor in Johor.
I heard some of the renovation contractor there are ruthless and you have very little chance of recovering your money if you find a bad one.
Let’s share our experience.
My unit is a C3 unit. Any one of you got the same unit as me.

Girlnextdoor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

I gather that most have realized that most investments units have their compressors placed in the balcony. I checked my S&P and the plan showed it's supposed to be located in the yard. Any comment or advise?

Girlnextdoor

Alfrescian
Loyal
hopefully could get call from KSL to collect the key by end of this month...

From my pass experience, if your S&P indicates TOP aug 2013 then it's possible you will get the keys by this mth if not likely you will only get the keys end of the yr.

ahhock24

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

I gather that most have realized that most investments units have their compressors placed in the balcony. I checked my S&P and the plan showed it's supposed to be located in the yard. Any comment or advise?

From the past photos, look like the air-compressors at Tower A are located at ac ledge/yard while for Tower B at balcony. Thanks for highlighting.