• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Owner for ksl d'esplanade residence

ahhock24

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone,
I just collected my key on Wednesday. There are more defects to record than the defect paper can write.

What annoy me more is that the staff said there will not be power and water for at least a month. I have paid all the deposit and fill up the power application form but KSL is not going to submit it until they feel they have enough applicant and will submit all at one shot. And when is that going to happen?

TOP means fit for occupation. No power & water how to move in?!
Or are they refering to transfer of utility ownership?

kevshen

Alfrescian
Loyal
mdmkhoo,
thks for the valuable info. I will check thru the S&P on the start date of the GRR scheme. VERY INTERESTING!! I'm confused. Shld I wait for the invitation letter or call to make appt?

For me, just went there jalan jalan, watch a movie, enjoy the massage...by the way, go to KSL office to make a appointment. If you wait for the invitation letter, maybe takes a very long time. Becoz everyone knows they are very slow....

kevshen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone,
I just collected my key on Wednesday. There are more defects to record than the defect paper can write.

What annoy me more is that the staff said there will not be power and water for at least a month. I have paid all the deposit and fill up the power application form but KSL is not going to submit it until they feel they have enough applicant and will submit all at one shot. And when is that going to happen?

Hi foopiew,

Becoz I have no inspection experience. Can share with us what those defects are. just list down some of them. Will appreciate you a lot.
This developer's work very lousy....

After you point out all the defects, did they promise that they will fix them? after they fix them, u will sign the acceptance letter, correct?

mdmkhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foopiew, I hope you don't have to wait long for your utility to be connected ... email / call them if you don't hear anything from them in 1 month's time... I am on GRR scheme so won't get to collect my keys yet.

mdmkhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
LandRover28, I was waiting for their invitation letter - just like what the staff told me in the email in June 2013. Guess if you wait for their invitation letter, they will take afew more months coz they will need to furnish the units for those on GRR scheme. If you don't mind waiting, that's good :smile: I have called to make an appt and the staff told me to arrive 1 hour ahead of schedule for briefing etc. Tmr is the day ! Yappi ~ very excited (LOL)

mdmkhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Shen,
when you go for home inspection, you need to make sure the tiles are properly done (not loose / hollow). Luckily there is 24 months warranty for defects for those who have collected the keys. Once reported, the developer has to get it fixed within 30 days. It's all in the S&P (if not page 16, it's around there). When there is water connection, check bathroom tiles that the water flow smoothly to the drainage & not flooded / choked. Sinks must also be checked. Windows / balcony doors, Entrance door, fixtures & fittings, cabinets, wardrobes etc. Whatever you see in your unit, you have to check them :smile:

Girlnextdoor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Foopiew,

No utilities how to move in? Did they give you black and white on the date that they will submit the application? Their words cannot be trusted already.

I have yet to make appt to view my unit. Hopefully by next week. Did anyone manage to view the common facilities? Was it all there as stated in the S&P?

foopiew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi foopiew,

Becoz I have no inspection experience. Can share with us what those defects are. just list down some of them. Will appreciate you a lot.
This developer's work very lousy....

After you point out all the defects, did they promise that they will fix them? after they fix them, u will sign the acceptance letter, correct?

Hi Kevshen

Below are some of my defects. They say they will fix it in 30 days. Without water and power there is very little you can do with the house.

floor not flat
wall not flat
bathroom no tap
window faulty
door has dent
tiles crack
toilet wall have unknown broken pipes
no water pipe to the toilet bow
walls edge not right angle
skirting not even
the lift is also not working properly. If you stay on the high floor. You will get plenty of exercise

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very hard to rectify not flat or not right angle stuffs. Others are easily rectified except for the broken pipes in the wall.

mdmkhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I didn't manage to view my unit yesterday. I was told KSL has sent out invitation letter about 2 weeks ago to me but till date I have not received. In the invitation letter, purchaser are required to pay RM1934.30 - this is for deposits & fees for connection of utility, property tax, maintenance fee, sinking funds etc (paid in advance). I didn't bring credit card and didn't have cash to pay this amount since I didn't get the letter yet. So can't do inspection of my unit. Will be returning another day. KSL staff who book my appt over the phone assumed that I have received my letter so didn't inform me either...anyway, watched a movie & enjoyed my afternoon even without the inspection :smile: Since there are so many defects, I think not viewing it so soon is also good. Give them more time to fix the missing items.

prettyinpink

Hi All
I am on the gteed rental scheme, read the S&P, isn't the Maintenance fees supposed to be waived for 3 years? Why do we need to pay them now? I had to pay 4+1 plus Electricity deposit plus water deposit totalling about RM 2400. Any comments pls?

kevshen

Alfrescian
Loyal
TOP liao... 22 Aug 2013 .

Can call to make appointment to collect keys or wait for your letter.. :-) ...those on guaranteed rental count down start from 22 AUG 2013.

Cheers

Hi Austin,

I viewed my unit yesterday. KSL sales told me that TOP data is 22 Aug. and one month from 23 Aug to Sep 22 is inspection period. So the guaranteed rental is starting from 23 Sep 2013. Is it the same as what u know? The hotel voucher really sucks, superior room only, even without breakfast.

What about your inspection? my unit actually not ready for view, aircon, lighting havn't installed, toilet and kitchen work not finished...so in the defect list, I put many "Not Completed"...

foopiew

Alfrescian
Loyal
I didn't manage to view my unit yesterday. I was told KSL has sent out invitation letter about 2 weeks ago to me but till date I have not received. In the invitation letter, purchaser are required to pay RM1934.30 - this is for deposits & fees for connection of utility, property tax, maintenance fee, sinking funds etc (paid in advance). I didn't bring credit card and didn't have cash to pay this amount since I didn't get the letter yet. So can't do inspection of my unit. Will be returning another day. KSL staff who book my appt over the phone assumed that I have received my letter so didn't inform me either...anyway, watched a movie & enjoyed my afternoon even without the inspection :smile: Since there are so many defects, I think not viewing it so soon is also good. Give them more time to fix the missing items.

Actually no one i know receive the letter. It has been 3 weeks i still have not receive the letter. They send from JB to Singapore. 3 weeks is enough to send slow mail from China to Singapore.

foopiew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Foopiew,

No utilities how to move in? Did they give you black and white on the date that they will submit the application? Their words cannot be trusted already.

I have yet to make appt to view my unit. Hopefully by next week. Did anyone manage to view the common facilities? Was it all there as stated in the S&P?

After calling them 4 times and going down to their office they finally said they are going to submit the application next week. I just dont understand why they need to delay owner from applying power and water to their unit.

foopiew

Alfrescian
Loyal
TOP means fit for occupation. No power & water how to move in?!
Or are they refering to transfer of utility ownership?

Yes Ahhock24 this is what i am think. TOP without water and power how to occupy the unit.
The reason they said cannot turn on Water is because the pipe and tap to the toilet in my unit is not done!!!!!! And it is true my toilet has no pipe and water tap.
For power reason is it is their procedure.

kevshen

Alfrescian
Loyal
KSL also bought the fire insurance for the unit which is not cheap without informing owners. For my unit, it is RM687 for one year...just fire insurance....
In the end, we pay it.