• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man with 8cm gash waited 7 hours in vain at A&E only to faint from blood loss

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anywhere in the world, after the wound is healed, the smiling at you is over & the patting on the back, wishing you good recovery & best of health...wait, you see the bill...that wound is the hardest...you will go into a shock & you will be back in treating another wound.... ha ha ha ha

In Canada I was covered by the provincial healthcare plan. Each province have a provincial healthcare system. Monthly premiums are very affordable & it covers all medical bills including visits to an opthamologist, physiotherapy, etc. The only thing you have to pay is for is the admission charges if you need to be warded . If you are a Canadian citizen you don't even have to pay the premiums if you are low income.

Canadians are proud of their health care system which americans can only envy.

Last edited:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you think that all these are not caused by PAP, then you're seriously wrong. LKY has said that his party will meddle and interfere in every facet of citizens lives. So if you want to claim credit for the good things, be man enough to take the blame for the faults.

On the occasion I screamed at the doctor is due to his incompetence. I could have been a doctor if I wanted to but I'd rather not earn millions And make mistakes that affects other's lives. It does not take a genius to be a doctor.

If you think this is the only episode that I have encountered wrt to Singapore's medical incompetencies, you're sorely mistaken. There are too many personal experiences to conclude that our system has failed. Period.

so you are a bitter person. you screamed at the doctor because you lost control, your anger and arrogance got over you.so you missed your chance to be a doctor. so you can also diagnose a fracture just by looking at the injury. good for you.maybe you are just a medical dropout and you are now taking revenge and going around testing doctors.

why don't you take the hot seat at the ER and see how you manage 120 patients on your shift of 8 hours...of course it does not take a genius to be a doctor. i always respect my doctor,especially those ER doctors. they have to handle difficult patients and most important of all, they have to handle difficult people like your goodself who are so judgemental and who are so contemptuous of young doctors.

if you think all doctors go in for the money, you are damned bloody wrong. if you think all doctors make millions, you again are bloody wrong. i know my GP very well. he is a humble man. he stays in a HDB flat. he does not earn millions. he charges reasonably and sometimes he waive his charges for the poor and the needy. we still have very good and compassionate doctors around. you must be one very bitter man - a failed medical student or a medical dropout....

if you want to find fault in a system, there are many.if you want to check on the incompetence of doctors, there are also many.if you have bitterness in your head, everywhere you go and in every doctor you see, there is nothing but bitterness. period.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Canada I was covered by the provincial healthcare plan. Each province have a provincial healthcare system. Monthly premiums are very affordable & it covers all medical bills including visits to an opthamologist, physiotherapy, etc. The only thing you have to pay is for is the admission charges if you need to be warded . If you are a Canadian citizen you don't even have to pay the premiums if you are low income.

Canadians are proud of their health care system which americans can only envy.

if only every other countries in this world have a huge land mass, huge amount of natural resources and small population. canada is health care eslyium for american.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
"General" means ALL minor ailments small gashes included.

GPs have a PR problem, and A&E are misunderstood. Common perception is that cuts n gashes are accidents that need to be treated at A&E, while GPs are for cough n colds.

Non emergency clinics shld be started next to each A&E department to filter out the cases. These clinics don't have to be run by the hospitals as they are already acutely short of doctors. GPs can be invited to run these non-emergency clinics

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
GPs have a PR problem, and A&E are misunderstood. Common perception is that cuts n gashes are accidents that need to be treated at A&E, while GPs are for cough n colds.

Non emergency clinics shld be started next to each A&E department to filter out the cases. These clinics don't have to be run by the hospitals as they are already acutely short of doctors. GPs can be invited to run these non-emergency clinics

you have a very good point here.
this has been done. many hospitals in fact have a "GP/Family Physician" clinic within the hospital set up.
again, the problem is getting and recruiting doctors to run this " GP " centre....

education is still the most important tool to combat the abuses and crowding of the A E.....

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
not if you go to an hospital in the area with lots of niggers and mexicans.
UK A&E fast? LKY even send a 747 from singapore, a plane have to fly from singapore and bring her back, is faster than UK A&E, how can you claim it is fast?
Old man should have let his wife expire naturally during that stroke instead of rescuing her. She suffered serious disabilities and finally was mute and incapacitated for two years before finally dead. That was pure torture all because old man refuse to let go and moved mountain to prolong her life.

When it is time to go, just go. Linger too long and everyone suffer.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
our medical healthcare system is so good that we can even have a flying hospital - this speaks for itself. there is no need to elaborate how good and how efficient we really are. even our saf medical corps is one of the best in the world...

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Old man should have let his wife expire naturally during that stroke instead of rescuing her. She suffered serious disabilities and finally was mute and incapacitated for two years before finally dead. That was pure torture all because old man refuse to let go and moved mountain to prolong her life.

did you imply that NHS trying to help his wife with her suffering, while he increased her suffering through his wealth and power?

I am not against using his wealth to help his family.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
our medical healthcare system is so good that we can even have a flying hospital - this speaks for itself. there is no need to elaborate how good and how efficient we really are. even our saf medical corps is one of the best in the world...

yeah we are the best in the world, but yet we need 3rd rated FT to help us with jobs creation and keep our economic humming. Truely the best in the world.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Honestly, it is very easy for you to criticize, on that "letting go", if it was your pet...who is critically ill & the the vet tell you, to put that pet down, that decision is already heart wrenching, worse, if it is a human being.

From the excerpts of his book, it was mentioned that he signed that was it Advance Medical Directive, that is confirmed by a lawyer & a doctor, that, if he is in that position you had mentioned, they have to let him GO!. Obviously, he had learn this from watching over his wife.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
how many of you here have signed the AMD ?

I think Mr Lee did that and I think it is a very noble and courageous action on his part.
My warm and best wishes to Mr Lee and may he continue to enjoy many more years happily and peacefully.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honestly, it is very easy for you to criticize, on that "letting go", if it was your pet...who is critically ill & the the vet tell you, to put that pet down, that decision is already heart wrenching, worse, if it is a human being.

From the excerpts of his book, it was mentioned that he signed that was it Advance Medical Directive, that is confirmed by a lawyer & a doctor, that, if he is in that position you had mentioned, they have to let him GO!. Obviously, he had learn this from watching over his wife.
Never said it is easy. It's a tough call and old couples should spend time to discuss on the process should the time come. Beyond age 80, people should allow the spouse to die naturally instead of prolonging the agony for all. Question is how much do people value quality of life over life?

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Never said it is easy. It's a tough call and old couples should spend time to discuss on the process should the time come. Beyond age 80, people should allow the spouse to die naturally instead of prolonging the agony for all. Question is how much do people value quality of life over life?

letting go means no active interference
the elderly will just slowly pass on in full awareness
with no artificial assistance and medical interventions....
how many of us have the courage to let our loved ones pass on like this....

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
did you imply that NHS trying to help his wife with her suffering, while he increased her suffering through his wealth and power?

I am not against using his wealth to help his family.
Some doctors practice passive neglect to allow terminally ill patients to expiry naturally instead of active intervention that prolongs suffering.

Japan has active intervention for the old and terminally ill. The patient suffered the most, followed by the close family. And the country has a large medical bill as a result.
http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=251652

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
letting go means no active interference
the elderly will just slowly pass on in full awareness
with no artificial assistance and medical interventions....
how many of us have the courage to let our loved ones pass on like this....
Most people allow their spouse to pass away peacefully, that's why you don't see jets flying around ferrying the sickly old.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Some doctors practice passive neglect to allow terminally ill patients to expiry naturally instead of active intervention that prolongs suffering.

Japan has active intervention for the old and terminally ill. The patient suffered the most, followed by the close family. And the country has a large medical bill as a result.
http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=251652

it depends on the patient's wishes and most important, the care givers
many asians feel that it's their duty to keep their loved ones alive at all cost, even if it costs them a fortune
many cannot accept the "guilt" of letting their loved ones pass on without any medical intervention..

but with AMD and with a more enlightened society, we are slowly getting rid of this " guilt" feeling...and we have also remove that
"guilt" feeling from the care-givers and also the AMD will help to remove a massive burden from the doctors too...

live happily and peacefully
pass on graciously and with dignity....