• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gastronomical disaster .... which is worst ...?? ...

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
La fu zi is only good in packaging, tried once
and that's the last, but how come always long Q??

The only place I will queue for char kway teow is hill street ckt at blk 16 bedok south. Other than that, the rest are not worth the calories

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only place I will queue for char kway teow is hill street ckt at blk 16 bedok south. Other than that, the rest are not worth the calories

Oh that was my favourite, when it was in Hill Street HC. I remember those days there was a lime drink stall next to the char kway teow stall. I'd always have the char kway teow with the lime drink to cool down the heatiness. Perfect match. :smile:

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh that was my favourite, when it was in Hill Street HC. I remember those days there was a lime drink stall next to the char kway teow stall. I'd always have the char kway teow with the lime drink to cool down the heatiness. Perfect match. :smile:

You and your char kway teow .....!!:o

The citizens of Singapore are in dire straits now .... with tons and tons of FTs flooding our country .....:mad:

.... taking our jobs, hdb flats, school places, bus/mrt spaces ....:mad:

and you got the cheek to talk about food now!!:oIo:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You and your char kway teow .....!!:o

The citizens of Singapore are in dire straits now .... with tons and tons of FTs flooding our country .....:mad:

.... taking our jobs, hdb flats, school places, bus/mrt spaces ....:mad:

and you got the cheek to talk about food now!!:oIo:

You lecherous and gluttonous old man started this thread! :oIo:
You so clever and concerned, go stand for election, don't just stand for erection.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
today very hungry. went to my favourite stall and asked for my usual mee goreng - i wanted it well fried with added potatoes and taukua...

waited 15 mins...dish came. nearly wanted to puke! mee not even fried but oiled.potatoes and taukua cut into cubes. on top of all these ketchap plenty with some cucumber slices...i went to the stall ...OMG...i saw a FT preparing the food..i asked where is Muthu?...oh today no come sick!!!!!

there you have it on the platter...good for erection certainly!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
today very hungry. went to my favourite stall and asked for my usual mee goreng - i wanted it well fried with added potatoes and taukua..

You know the hawker industry has gone to the dogs when you see a PRC firing mee goreng and nasi goreng for the mama stall....

Taste absolutely like crap...damn prc uses pepper to spice up instead of putting more chilli...

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is one dish I miss the most, very common in the 60's & 70's - chicken braised with a smooth sauce made from yunnan ham. Chicken is served with slices of ham between each piece of chicken. Served in most Cantonese restaurants.

Whatever happened to them? It's not like Yunnan ham is no longer manufactured.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oi .... you no anyhow say hor ....:mad:

I selling beef noodle in the 70s, I think you still licking milk hor !!:biggrin::biggrin:

My dad riding bicycle tumpang me to Bugis to eat beef noodle already. Unless your're the 岳城 stall,the others no good.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My dad riding bicycle tumpang me to Bugis eat beef noodle already. Unless your're the 岳城 stall,the others no good.

Oh .... now I remember you already .... :eek:

the one tumpang bicycle and fell down and land up in drain.... and cry like a cry baby !!!:biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh .... now I remember you already .... :eek:

the one tumpang bicycle and fell down and land up in drain.... and cry like a cry baby !!!:biggrin:

Wrong one already. I did fell into the drain once as a kid before but not at Bugis, it was at Bendemeer. The one who tumpang me then was my grandfather-in-law (my aunt's father-in-law), not my dad. The old road was bumpy and he bumped into something and I flew off. No need to cry. Just go home clean up and have a plaster over the bruise.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wrong one already. I did fell into the drain once as a kid before but not at Bugis, it was at Bendemeer. The one who tumpang me then was my grandfather-in-law (my aunt's father-in-law), not my dad. The old road was bumpy and he bumped into something and I flew off. No need to cry. Just go home clean up and have a plaster over the bruise.

oh yeah .... I forgot ....:o

Your aunt gave you a pacifier to pacify a cry baby like you .....:biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oh yeah .... I forgot ....:o

Your aunt gave you a pacifier to pacify a cry baby like you .....:biggrin:

Boys in our family don't use pacifiers. Those are for girls.

Back to gastronomical disaster, since you mentioned beer, beer with ice is a disaster!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ooops .... your aunt may have accidentally took you for a girl !!!:eek::biggrin::eek:

Mistaken your nuthead. Now I remember, my uncle was the one who chopped up Bugis with his parang in the 70s until you crawled under the table, sweating like a pig, begging for mercy and shitting in your pants.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mistaken your nuthead. Now I remember, my uncle was the one who chopped up Bugis with his parang in the 70s until you crawled under the table, sweating like a pig, begging for mercy and shitting in your pants.

Now I remember, .....

your uncle was injured and ask me for a cup of water... after the clash ...:eek:

whilst he sip the water , he say to me that if anything happen to him, I must take care of his crybaby nephew still not weaned off his pacifier even at the age of 5 !!!:eek:

Phew .... lucky your uncle survived ....:smile:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
all these are real examples of hawker food standards 'gone down the drain' --

3) chicken rice served with tau gay ?!

this one must be inspired or prepared by stupid malaysian. try to copy ipoh famous 芽菜鸡, the lead is the bean sprout not the chicken. their chicken, the rice and their chili cannot fight us. :biggrin:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey, two weeks ago i was there, so wanted to buy
kang kong cuttle fish but the stall only offer satay bee hoon.
I can say, very oridinary.
The best is still at Block 16 Bedok South HC, opp. Temasek JC.
check the Q.
While you are there, check also
Hill street kway teow, the carrot cake stall.
clay pot rice, pork leg, clay pot bak kut teh.
Fish ball noodle.
Wong's porridge in the moring and the you tiao stall,
long Q on weekend.

wow! you know the good staff in this hawker! this hawker is bless with quite a few good food. a few legendary hill street CKT, fishball noodle, 牛记虾面 morning soup and evening fried prawn nooble, rojak, cuttlefish and kangkong. the roast duck rice also long time liao. used to have 飞飞wanton mee from joo chat too, own by one of the brother. but it did not last. you can try the 清清chengtng also long time liao. as for the 油条, i can tell you its the best in Singapore, crispy and not salty. im quite blessed that im staying nearby. :biggrin: malay food and roti plata also not bad. used to have one very old Chinese satay stall, but taken over by the japanese food. the satay stall serve very good pork satay with all the fats.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pork blood is longer available in Singapore. Go Hatyai, a coffeeshop near the junction of Nipa-uthit 2 and Thoomnonvithi. One of the best pig organ soup stall left in the world. The stall is run by Thai Teochew, so don't worry if you can't speak Thai. Breakfast-to-lunch time only. Be prepared to wait half to one hour. Don't bother if you can't make it there by 1 p.m.

yes sir! DSP ramseth you are right! this one is very good!!! :biggrin: