• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SCDF Peter Lim Gold Cup

Vinnie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ex-SCDF chief Peter Lim may have to testify in court

By Claire Huang | Posted: 20 March 2013 2138 hrs

display_image.php

Ex-SCDF chief Peter Lim (L) arrives in court (File photo: Lim Wee Leng, MediaCorp)

SINGAPORE: The former chief of the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) Peter Lim may have to testify in court in his own defence on March 21 if the district judge decides there is sufficient evidence against him or prima facie.

This comes after prosecution wrapped up its case on Wednesday after its key witness, Madam Pang Chor Mui, said the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) recording officer told her she gave the "wrong answer".

Defence counsel Hamidul Haq had questioned her about the two reasons she gave the CPIB for performing oral sex on Lim.

Lim, 52, is accused of obtaining sexual favour from Mdm Pang in exchange for advancing her company's business interests.

On March 18, Mdm Pang said she had a sexual encounter with Lim in May 2010 only because she liked him a lot.

However, on March 19, she clarified that her CPIB statement was more accurate.

In her statement, Mdm Pang listed two reasons - that she liked Lim a lot and didn't want to antagonise him.

She said it wouldn't be good for their friendship or the ties between Nimrod Engineering and SCDF.

On Wednesday, Mdm Pang said the CPIB recording officer Osman Ahamed told her that she liking Lim a lot was the wrong answer.

After giving it much thought, she then added another reason - that she didn't want to antagonise Lim.

The 49-year-old explained that she was "very tired" and "wanted to get out of the place (CPIB)", so she "just gave an answer".

"When I gave that "antagonise" (reason), I don't really mean it. I guess at that time, I just wanted to get out of the place. I just gave an answer. I was hoping that I could be released and I was really very tired through all these sessions," she said when the defence asked her.

This prompted the prosecution to ask Mdm Pang what she meant.

She said at the time of the recording, the word "antagonise" did not come to her mind.

Not wanting to antagonise Lim, she explained, was a possibility and that was why she told that to Mr Osman.

Later, when probed further by the prosecution, Mdm Pang said: "I know that if I didn't complete that thing (the CPIB statement recording), I would not be able to leave that place (CPIB)."

Having said that, Mdm Pang maintained she told the truth in her statement and that she had not been lying.

Another key point raised on Wednesday was that Nimrod benefited from Lim's tip off.

The prosecution's case is that Lim tipped off Nimrod about SCDF's need for the radiation portal monitors even before the information was made public.

On March 17, 2011, Lim asked Mdm Pang via text message if Nimrod had radiation portal monitors.

The next day, under Mdm Pang's instruction, her colleague started sourcing for a supplier.

The process took seven days.

On April 20, Nimrod decided to bid for the project, which closed on May 3.

Prosecution pointed out that Nimrod would not have been able to meet the deadline if not for the fact it already found a supplier as Lim had informed Mdm Pang.

While Mdm Pang explained that it would still have been possible had they not found a supplier by April 20, she admitted that it would have been more difficult without Lim's help.

Earlier in the day during Mr Haq's cross-examination, Mdm Pang testified that she did not make any suggestion on the pricing of the bid for SCDF's tender.

On Lim asking if Nimrod carried walk-through radiation portal monitors, she agreed with the defence that the word she used in her statement to describe this should have been "informed" and not "alerted".

SCDF officer Yazid Abdullah also testified in court for a few minutes in the afternoon.

In the last half hour of the hearing, the prosecution amended the location of the oral sex encounter in the charge against Lim, to "in the vicinity of Tanjong Rhu".

This comes after Mdm Pang testified that it was not at a carpark at Stadium Walk as stated previously.

Now that the prosecution has wrapped up its case, the defence will make submissions on March 21 to say that there is no case to answer.

If denied by the district judge, Lim will be taking the stand.

- CNA/fa

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PL may just get an acquittal for this charge - Ah Mui's case. Prosecution/CPIB's case does not appear a pau jiak case. One year after BJ, show favour to Ah Mui and her company? Brains of prosecution and CPIB must be inside their backside!

jw5

Loyal
PL may just get an acquittal for this charge - Ah Mui's case. Prosecution/CPIB's case does not appear a pau jiak case. One year after BJ, show favour to Ah Mui and her company? Brains of prosecution and CPIB must be inside their backside!

Ya lor, pang sai liao tu boh liao.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe CPIB's Teng Khee Fatt wanted to makan both Cecilia Sue and Pang Chor Mui.

018c5863.jpg

I suspect even if Teng wants to pay them 100k for a bonk, both CS and PCM will reject him. Look at the belt he is wearing. Fucking bo standard. At least wear a Dunhill or Hermes belt lah. Like yours truly.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe CPIB's Teng Khee Fatt wanted to makan both Cecilia Sue and Pang Chor Mui.

018c5863.jpg

Pens also bought from mamak stall. Or govt issued. Mont Blanc lah. Whatever he can 'upgrade', he better. Cos there are somethings you can't upgrade. Look at his cheeby kia face and disgraceful tummy.

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspect even if Teng wants to pay them 100k for a bonk, both CS and PCM will reject him. Look at the belt he is wearing. Fucking bo standard. At least wear a Dunhill or Hermes belt lah. Like yours truly.

Can see his shirt also those cheap ready made ones and some more got 2 cheap plastic pens in his pocket. Really bo standard

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can see his shirt also those cheap ready made ones and some more got 2 cheap plastic pens in his pocket. Really bo standard

Could have bought his shirt from Salvation Army. Or, those Indian brands from Mustaffa - buy 2 get 1 free. Cheapo chap. A pity cannot scrutinise his shoes and socks. I half-suspect this cheapo wears white socks with black shoes. Cheap ones. No Bruno Magli or Bally shoes unless fakes.

Vinnie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Former SCDF chief Peter Lim still has case to answer even though key witness Pang Chor Mui contradicts herself: Prosecution

But key witness continues to contradict herself in court

Published on Mar 21, 2013

ST_20130321_JYPETER21QQ3F_3577106e.jpg

On her third day on the stand yesterday, Ms Pang Chor Mui, 49, was grilled by both the prosecution and defence on her use of the word "antagonise" in the CPIB statements. -- ST PHOTO: WONG KWAI CHOW

By Joyce Lim And Ian Poh

THE prosecution summed up its case against former civil defence chief Peter Lim Sin Pang yesterday, saying it had presented enough evidence to show that he had corrupt intent when he obtained oral sex from Ms Pang Chor Mui in May 2010.

But even as they said Lim had a case to answer, their key witness, Ms Pang, the former general manager of Nimrod Engineering, continued to contradict herself in court.

Ms Pang, 49, had allegedly been tipped off by Lim that the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) needed radiation portal monitors before the information was made public.

On her third day on the stand yesterday, she was grilled by both sides over her use of the word "antagonise" in her statements to the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) last year.

BACKGROUND STORY

WHAT SHE SAID

Ms Pang Chor Mui explaining to defence lawyer Hamidul Haq why she did not know how to answer the CPIB investigating officer, when asked why she feared "antagonising" Lim despite him not having asked her for oral sex:
"I didn't really mean it... I guess at that time I just wanted to get out of the place... I was really very tired through all these sessions (at the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau). So when he asked me again, I could not give a reason because it was not true. It was not really true."

Ms Pang, explaining to Deputy Public Prosecutor Sherlyn Neo how she decided to use the word "antagonise" in her statement:
"So it's something that I thought of (to say).

I wasn't lying. That went through my mind and (so) I said there could be a possibility (that she might have feared antagonising Lim) and that's why I vocalised it."

Ms Pang to DPP Neo on how close she was to Lim:
"To other people, there may be nothing to it because we hardly even meet, but to me, it's the mental connection. The connection is there, so to me, that is considered close."

Get the full story from The Straits Times.

Vinnie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Judge rules ex-SCDF chief Peter Lim has case to answer

By Kimberly Spykerman | Posted: 21 March 2013 1700 hrs

display_image.php

Ex-SCDF chief Peter Lim Sin Pang (R) arrives in court with his lawyer (File Photo: Kimberly Spykerman, Channel NewsAsia)

SINGAPORE: The former chief of the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF), Peter Lim, will take the stand in his corruption trial on Monday, after District Judge Hamidah Ibrahim ruled there is a case for him to answer.

Earlier, Lim's lawyer had challenged the evidence put forth by the prosecution.

Mr Hamidul Haq said in his submissions in court on Thursday that so far, the prosecution has shown only a "speculation of corruption", as opposed to a "real and distinct" possibility.

He said Lim has no case to answer.

Mr Haq said the prosecution has failed to show the link between corruption and the oral sex which took place between Lim and Madam Pang Chor Mui in May 2010, when Mdm Pang was a general manager of Nimrod Engineering.

He said evidence in court had shown that Mdm Pang had not been under any pressure when she performed oral sex on Lim.

He stressed that Lim had not solicited the oral sex from her.

Mr Haq said Mdm Pang performed the act in her personal capacity and not as an agent of Nimrod Engineering as she was not authorised by her company to secure business dealings with the SCDF.

There was also no evidence that Lim was beholden to Mdm Pang after the act took place as he had not indicated that he was prepared to do something for her in future.

"Such a charge must be premised on a word, act or suggestion that something would be done in return," said Mr Haq.

He pointed out that Lim had only made an enquiry with Mdm Pang on 17 March 2011 about walk-through radiation portal monitors.

Lim, he said, did not indicate that the SCDF was going to call a tender.

The prosecution, which wrapped up its case on Wednesday, had maintained that it had presented enough evidence to show that Lim had corrupt intent when he obtained oral sex from Mdm Pang.

- CNA/ir

Vinnie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ex-SCDF chief Peter Lim to take the stand on March 25

Published on Mar 21, 2013

peterlim2103e.jpg

Former Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) chief Peter Lim Sin Pang arrives at the court with his lawyers Bala Chandran (left) and Hamidul Haq (right) on Thursday, March 21, 2013. Lim has a case to answer to, ruled Judge Hamidah Ibrahim on Thursday afternoon, and will have to take the stand on March 25. --ST PHOTO: WONG KWAI CHOW

By Ian Poh

Former Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) chief Peter Lim Sin Pang has a case to answer to, ruled Judge Hamidah Ibrahim on Thursday afternoon. This means Lim, 52, will have to take the stand on March 25.

The judge accepted Deputy Public Prosecutor Tan Kiat Pheng's argument that the relevant presumption of corruption had been made out.

In doing so, she rejected defence lawyer Hamidul Haq's argument that the alleged sex act that took place in May 2010 was purely social and did not bring about any reasonable suspicion of corruption.

Lim faces charges of corruptly obtaining oral sex from Nimrod Engineering's former general manager Ms Pang Chor Mui, 49, in exchange for furthering the business interests of her former employer.

Vinnie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Judge orders former SCDF chief to take witness stand
21 March 2013 7:06 PM | Updated 7:29 PM

pc_600x450.jpg

The former commissioner of the Singapore Civil Defence Force, Peter Lim (R), who is accused of obtaining oral sex from Pang Chor Mui (L) and favouring her company in a contract bid, is to take the witness dock next week to defend his case (Photos: Koh Sze Kiat)

The former chief of the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF), Peter Lim Sin Pang, will have to testify in court next Monday to defend his case.

District Judge Hamidah Ibrahim today threw out his lawyer’s argument that there is not enough evidence to link corruption to the oral sex incident between Lim and key witness Pang Chor Mui, Channel NewsAsia reported.

Pang, 49, had given oral sex to Lim, 52, in May 2010, and he is accused of showing favour to her company’s contract bid to sell equipment to the force.

In wrapping up the case, Lim’s lawyer Hamidul Haq told the court today that the prosecution has shown only a "speculation of corruption".

He argued that evidence in court have shown that Pang was not forced into giving Lim oral sex, nor was she told by her company, Nimrod Engineering, to secure business dealings with the SCDF.

He added that there was also no evidence that Lim had indicated that he was prepared to do something for her after the sex act.

TIP-OFF ON PUBLIC TENDER?

On the point that Lim had given information to Pang that SCDF was looking for an equipment supplier on 17 March 2011, the defence lawyer pointed out that his client did not indicate that there was to be a public tender on that.

Pang, 49, was general manager with Nimrod at that time.

On Wednesday, the prosecution had wrapped up its case, arguing that there was enough evidence to show that Lim had corrupt intent when he obtained oral sex from Pang.

The prosecution also stated that because Lim tipped off Nimrod about SCDF's search for equipment before the information was made public, Nimrod was able to submit the bid on time, TODAY newspaper reported

After getting the information, Pang had told her colleague to start sourcing for a supplier, and on 20 April 2011, Nimrod put in the bid for the tender which closed on 3 May.

Pang admitted that it would have been more difficult to do that without Lim's help.

TIRED DURING QUESTIONING

During cross-examination on Wednesday, Pang also clarified her reasons for giving Lim oral sex.

She said itwas because she liked him a lot and did not want to antagonise him, since it would not be good for their friendship or the ties between her company and SCDF, Channel NewsAsia reported.

Pang told the court that when she was at the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB), the recording officer Osman Ahamed told her it was the “wrong answer” to say she gave oral sex to Lim because she liked Lim a lot.

Pang said she was "very tired" by then, and wanted to be able to go home, so she "just gave an answer".

"When I gave that "antagonise" (as a reason), I don't really mean it,” she was quoted as saying.

“I was hoping that I could be released and I was really very tired through all these sessions," she said in the TODAY report.

Pang said she told the truth in her statement and that she had not been lying.

The prosecution amended the location of the sex act in the charge against Lim to "in the vicinity of Tanjong Rhu" after Pang testified that it was not at a carpark at Stadium Walk but near Lim’s condominium home.

Vinnie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

She and Lim were 'close friends', but...

March 21, 2013 - 12:32am

By: Chai Hung Yin

01a21836.jpg

TNP PHOTO: Jeremy Long

Although she maintained that they were close friends and had known each other since 1996, she couldn't answer most of the personal questions about him.

Prosecution star witness Pang Chor Mui, in the centre of the corruption trial involving the former commissioner of Singapore Civil Defence Force Peter Benedict Lim Sin Pang, was tested on her knowledge of his personal matters.

For most of the questions asked by Deputy Public Prosecutor Sherlyn Neo, she either didn't know the answer or couldn't recall them.

The questions included whether she knew details of his family and friends as well as where he studied and where he goes drinking.

Read the full report in The New Paper on Thursday (March 21).