• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vitamin C can curb cancer growth, say New Zealand researchers

GoFlyKiteNow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wellington, July 26, 2010

Vitamin C can help curb the growth of cancer cells, according to New Zealand scientists who claim breakthrough research to provide the first real evidence of a connection between the vitamin and the development of tumours.

“Our results offer a promising and simple intervention to help in our fight against cancer at the level of both prevention and cure,” Associate Professor Margreet Vissers, of the University of Otago’s Free Radical Research Group, said recently.

She said the role of vitamin C in cancer treatment had been the subject of debate for years, with many anecdotal accounts of the vitamin’s beneficial role.

While her previous research had demonstrated the vitamin’s importance in maintaining cell health and hinted at its potential for limiting diseases such as cancer, the latest study looked at whether vitamin C levels were lowered in patients with endometrial tumours.

She said the study found that tumours were less able to accumulate vitamin C compared with normal healthy tissue and that this related to the ability of the tumour to survive and grow.

“Tumours with low vitamin C levels had more of a protein called HIF-1 which allows them to thrive in conditions of stress,” she said.

“The findings are significant as they show, for the first time, a direct relationship between HIF-1 and vitamin C levels in tumours and suggest it would be beneficial for people with cancer cells to have more vitamin C.” “This could help limit the rate of tumour growth, increase the responsiveness to chemotherapy and may prevent the formation of solid tumours.” Details of the research are published in the latest edition of the Cancer Research journal

leetahbah

Alfrescian
Loyal
I take mine everyday, this one buy from JB :biggrin:

411057764_1f4defc099.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

More likely cancer is a decription for illnesses where people have lacked the necessary balanced nutrition.

With the various pollutants in our environment that's now taxing our bodies, it's now imperative to have a balance nutrition

If you are looking for a cheap & good multi vits that's better than Centrum consider getting this Life Extension product:
http://www.iherb.com/Life-Extension-Two-Per-Day-Tablets-120-Veggie-Tabs/22237?at=0

It only costs US$14.21 for a 2 month supply.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
as far as I know , cancer comes from many sources and any one of the below is possible:-
1. our daily use stuffs ; foam lunch box, plastic , toiletries, etc
2. preserved foods with many weird looking alphabets/number chemicals
3. too much stress - esp stomach type
4. cig - of course
many more....prevention better than curb.

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha. recently quite a bit of the golden kiwi thingy.

pretty sweet stuff. not sour like the green kiwi.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as far as I know , cancer comes from many sources and any one of the below is possible:-
1. our daily use stuffs ; foam lunch box, plastic , toiletries, etc
2. preserved foods with many weird looking alphabets/number chemicals
3. too much stress - esp stomach type
4. cig - of course
many more....prevention better than curb.

Antioxidants like vit C helps the body fight against diseases & toxic pollutants.

I take a combination formulation of Vit C with Oleaselect olive fruit extract for my heart.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i take Vit C too, to help with my sinus.

Antioxidants like vit C helps the body fight against diseases & toxic pollutants.

I take a combination formulation of Vit C with Oleaselect olive fruit extract for my heart.

meburns

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure or not? This kind of studies always change all the time, today Vitamin C tomolo become A, next day become B liao :rolleyes:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i take Vit C too, to help with my sinus.

For vitamin C, I don't think there's need for expensive pharmacy supplements. Ribena drink or pastille should do nicely and sufficiently. Conveniently available, inexpensive and delicious.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For vitamin C, I don't think there's need for expensive pharmacy supplements. Ribena drink or pastille should do nicely and sufficiently. Conveniently available, inexpensive and delicious.

Recommended dosages of Vit C is 1,000 to 6,000 mgs. Since its water soluble it cannot be stored in the body & consumptions spread throughout the day.

I paid US$17 for a bottle of 250 cap 1,000mg abscorbic acid.
http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formula...-Fruit-Extract-1-025-mg-250-Capsules/154?at=0

A few years ago some student in NZ discovered that there's no Vit C in Ribena :biggrin: So you have to be careful relying on products like Ribena for the vitamins

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A few years ago some student in NZ discovered that there's no Vit C in Ribena :biggrin: So you have to be careful relying on products like Ribena for the vitamins

It was a case of marketing ran amok with exaggerated claim to four times the vitamin C of orange, not no vitamin C at all.

I think that misleading advert had a Singapore TV version as well, though it didn't go to court in Singapore. I think Ribena quietly withdrew it after pleading guilty in NZ court and paid the fine.

A very bad blip in an otherwise illustrious history.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you all serious or not, now this forum also cater for health products! Wait take already, up the lorry!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::p

I'm a heart attack survivor who's survived without medication or being cut up.

I'm taking alot of different supplements. Most of which I get from iHerb.
Don't worry, I haven't heard of anyone dying from vitamin overdose :smile:

Can't say the same thing about medication. If you are on medication don't play, play those things are toxic:eek:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry to hear that! I will take a look again at the website,thanks for your recommendation.

Can't say the same thing about medication. If you are on medication don't play, play those things are toxic:eek:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hi were you the one whom paid like thousands of dollars for vitamins and supplements?

I remember someone posted about how many supplements he bought in this forum.

Was it you?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi were you the one whom paid like thousands of dollars for vitamins and supplements?

I remember someone posted about how many supplements he bought in this forum.

Was it you?

Not thousands of dollars but often up to US$700 plus.

I order for a few months supply. When you order from iHerb you get up to 16% discount when the order reaches $600. You also save on the courier charges