• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vitamin C can curb cancer growth, say New Zealand researchers

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't know much about stem cells? What's the moral issue about stem cells?

There's none in Spore. :biggrin: You know the PAP, everything is about $$$ & cents.

However in many countries there's a debate about embryonic stem cell research because there's alot of debate as to whether these embryos are humans ?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's none in Spore. :biggrin: You know the PAP, everything is about $$$ & cents.

However in many countries there's a debate about embryonic stem cell research because there's alot of debate as to whether these embryos are humans ?

Why worry about that when they put steel, plastic, pacemaker, battery etc. into many human beings to remedy them from injuries and illnesses?

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alot of rich bureaucrats & test tube washers that would otherwise be unemployed :smile:

I think they do quite well in churning out academic papers with no industrial use. As you know, research is research but earning money from it... is another matter.

You need a strong organization like Pfizer or Bayer or GSK with proven sales channel in the Western markets. That is where the money is. These companies are not so dumb to use Sinkie research and still pay for it. All they do is to make their drugs here to sell to the Asian region.

Sinkies are best at giving western companies cheap rent and tax free privileges to attract them here. Same for the IT boom and Electronics boom 20 years ago. They will come and go when China becomes more competent in protecting IPs.. Not sustainable at all..

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You need a strong organization like Pfizer or Bayer or GSK with proven sales channel in the Western markets. That is where the money is. These companies are not so dumb to use Sinkie research and still pay for it. All they do is to make their drugs here to sell to the Asian region.

In the west the uni's do the basic research & the companies use the research for practical applications.

In Spore the Uni's don't do any research, not that I'm aware of :biggrin:

it's suppose to be done by groups like Astar. Even if these groups discover the next miracle, where are the Spore companies that will explot these discoveries :confused: Spore lacks an industrial base. All those years Temasek was busy loosing money, they were busy buying banks, telcos, propery,..

Temasek is not only a financial failure, it's failed to build up Spores industrial base :rolleyes:

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the west the uni's do the basic research & the companies use the research for practical applications.

it's suppose to be done by groups like Astar. Even if these groups discover the next miracle, where are the Spore companies that will explot these discoveries :confused: Spore lacks an industrial base. All those years Temasek was busy loosing money, they were busy buying banks, telcos, propery,..

Temasek is not only a financial failure, it's failed to build up Spores industrial base :rolleyes:

Can they even run businesses that strive on research, innovation and high end technology? I doubt they can run a pharmaceutical company even if they put all the paper scholars into it. They have no track record in this area at all and SME? Most SMEs in Singapore are mostly service-related.

You can ask those paper scholars to run service-related stuff like hospitals using chained doctors and cheap FT nurses.

Read about Singapore Technologies' fate in hard disk market
http://kropf.net/micropolis.html

Guess who was in charge?
http://www.littlespeck.com/informed/2002/CInformed-020618.htm

:rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Johnny, you're really health supplement encyclopaedia.

Unfortunately Sporeans start reading about these unimportant things, like our bodies user manual, only after it's too late :(

It's shocking how our school system, media has failed to inform us on important health issues.

On my bookshelf I've got plenty of IT, Business books but now the only new books I'm reading are health related :rolleyes:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I thought it was possible to get the necessary vitamins from 'balanced meals' I wouldn't be spending all the $$$. :(

I'm not just taking vitamins, I'm also taking superfoods like Acai berry, Pomegranate, chlorella, ...

If you visit our polyclinics, hospitals you'll see the damage done by the local foods & environment. Even the young are getting all kinds of allergies & illnesses.

From what I've read our foods are being overprocessed, genetically modified, too many additives & chemicals added are being added. So what you get is plenty of unhealthy foods. Added to this are the many dangerous man made chemical & substances that's making it's way into the air & our water

I've tried to cut down on the number of supplements when I felt I was improving, It was a big mistake because I then started feeling tired & having angina pains again :(

I agree that the food here isn't healthy unless you cook it at home and you actually know how and what to cook. I have problems preparing my own home made meals. I eat hawker and fast food mostly.

I see that you are actually intending to eat Acai berry, Pomegranate, chlorella as your staple food correct? Means a lifetime supply of those super foods and more.

What sort of food do you actually need for your meals? Home cooked or outside?

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

correction, this shows that you are not in science field.

go read up on S*Bio. if i am not wrong they have 2 compouds already at phase 2 years back. everything is done locally.

http://www.sbio.com/main/pipeline.asp

for a small local company, this is really good to be honest.

there are many other local companies that has push compounds to patients. i think their current websites is not updated. will not be surprise if sb939 past into phase 3 already has i had read up about its in vitro results. its amazingly good.

current statues i am not too sure as i left that field of research similar to theirs 3 years ago LOL.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I see that you are actually intending to eat Acai berry, Pomegranate, chlorella as your staple food correct? Means a lifetime supply of those super foods and more.

What sort of food do you actually need for your meals? Home cooked or outside?

Will definitely invest in my health. The current literature on the importance of Acai, chlorella & pomegranate can't be ignored.

Even thinking of going back to the clinic in KL & going for another round of EECP treatments.

For brunch I have a mixture of oats, raisin, & fruits.

For dinner I usually go to the local economy rice to have a fish & 2 veggie selection. Sometimes I stay home & simply have a cheese sanwich with brown bread.

I'm taking a mixture of Acai products, in the morning I use the following Acai/Pomegranate/red beet/resveratrol:
http://www.iherb.com/Madre-Labs-Acai-Heart-6-35-oz-180-g/16988?at=0

and in the evenings I take an all acai product:
http://www.iherb.com/Madre-Labs-Simply-Acai-Organic-Freeze-Dried-16-oz-454-g/21597?at=0

I also add in chlorella for detox in the morning:
http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Yaeyama-Chlorella-1-Kilogram-Powder-1000-g/147?at=0

Also include daily:
cinnamon caps. multi-vitamins, coq10, magnesium/sodium, garlic, omega3, L-arginine, L-carnitine fumarate, vit E, hawthorne, gingko biloba. Was taking CLA and Leceithin but I stopped.

I think the mistake I made was skipping the L-arginine, L-carnitine fumarate & vit E. That's why I think I gained weight & started having angina problems.

I've since read about the importance of vit E in treating angina. You can read about the Shute brothers:
http://www.rense.com/general38/e.htm

I'm also going to refine my vt E intake. In the morning I'll take vit E tocopherol & in the evening I'll be taking vit E tocotrienol. In the past I have been using a single vit E product with both tocopherol & tocotrienols which I might not be the best way of consuming vit E,

Previously I took everything & it worked, but consuming all those supplements is onerous & obviously alot of things were overlapping,

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It was in economics classes that I learned that alot of the basic research in north america & Japan is done at the uni's & picked up by companies for further refinement & practical applications.

I even remember that the lecturer was a Japanese & the class learned quite a bite about the Japanes system.

It is the N.American System that the Japanese chose to adopt because it works. Can anyone say the same thing about the Spore system:confused:

correction, this shows that you are not in science field.

go read up on S*Bio. if i am not wrong they have 2 compouds already at phase 2 years back. everything is done locally.

http://www.sbio.com/main/pipeline.asp

for a small local company, this is really good to be honest.

there are many other local companies that has push compounds to patients. i think their current websites is not updated. will not be surprise if sb939 past into phase 3 already has i had read up about its in vitro results. its amazingly good.

current statues i am not too sure as i left that field of research similar to theirs 3 years ago LOL.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was in economics classes that I learned that alot of the basic research in north america & Japan is done at the uni's & picked up by companies for further refinement & practical applications.

I even remember that the lecturer was a Japanese & the class learned quite a bite about the Japanes system.

It is the N.American System that the Japanese chose to adopt because it works. Can anyone say the same thing about the Spore system:confused:

don't make sweeping statement. what do an economist knows about scientific research? zero, nuts, NOTHING.

Many of the PI in A*Star are Prof in local university. its not surprising to find the boss of a research related company is a prof or either NUS or NTU from engineering side or science.

local research industry is still a baby, but saying its totally doing nothing useful or practical shows how ignorance that person is. if you want to know the truth, ask someone who has work inside before and not from some silly fucking outdated textbooks or lecture notes. you mean you are ignorance enough not to know that university and A*Star are linked? university research are useless? you fucking sure?

i can give another example beside S*Bio,
merlionpharma http://www.merlionpharma.com/ that has push compounds to clinical trials with good results. i was from anti-cancer, i felt fucking insulted when idiots like you saying things like this when you know nuts.

you fucking know nuts about the blood and sweat we went through.

and here you spreading false information in trying to get others into buying drugs or supplement from a source which is not well regulated. i really wonder whats your aims. forumers here at times might post crazy and nuts comments, but we are not stupid in real life.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
the more i read this the more du lan i am

http://www.sbic.a-star.edu.sg/

their work counts for nothing? or you don't understand a shit

if you don't understand ask. bioimaging is one of the most important tools in disease analysis now. many of the research works are carried out in university.

pcb the more i read your sweeping statement from your fucking econ notes the more du lan i am. who the fuck is your lecturer

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
don't make sweeping statement. what do an economist knows about scientific research? zero, nuts, NOTHING.

I don't pretend to be an expert. Just another "lesser mortal" :smile:

So after all the expenses that have gone into such projects as Astar, how much has the Spore gov't gotten back :confused:

What I spend on supplements is MY money. What the gov't spends is tax dollars i.e the publics money. Hope you understand this distinction

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
after fucking show you all the website you don't know how to see for yourself what are areas of the application their research?

do you question how much effort has being put in for the drugs that you take that cures you from cancer? wish to ask anymore stupid questions? pua chee bye do you know it might take tens of thousands of man hour just to screen down to that particular compounds?

i believe you are not kids that i need to spoonfeed. everything is in black and white there, even click to see also lazy. i even mention the compounds that are pushed out. NOT ENOUGH TO BENEFIT THE SOCIETY?

the real reason why research industry do not take off is because ALL THE FUCKERS IN THE MINISTRY ARE HAVING THE SAME MINDSET AS YOU. just throw in peanuts and you want products. research is going into the dark and unknown, having ZERO RESULTS is within expectation. THAT WHY IT IS TOUGH AND IT TAKE SO MANY MAN HOURS. why do you think so many nobel prize winner that were being lure here, left after a few years? BECAUSE THOSE ON TOP ARE HAVING THE WRONG MINDSET JUST LIKE YOU. keep pressuring them for results results results. they ask you fuck spider and they left singapore to a place that the govt appreciate real research.

do you know singapore funding for research is NOTHING compared to europe or USA, and yet we are able to achieve all these. talk about expenses, fuck the govt. its fucking hard to get grants all over the place. what do you know. NOTHING. the govt are not even really supporting local research scene AND YET THEY WANT EVERYTHING. If you do not know whats going on in the research scene, pls don't make such fucking sweeping comments on it

fuck you understand

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To Johnny how much do you. Spend on all that stuff? 700 usd per month and u're probably going to take it for life correct?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
after fucking show you all the website you don't know how to see for yourself what are areas of the application their research?

do you question how much effort has being put in for the drugs that you take that cures you from cancer? wish to ask anymore stupid questions?

i believe you are not kids that i need to spoonfeed. everything is in black and white there, even click to see also lazy.

How can the Spore gov't justify throwing away tax payers money if the tax payers won't benefit from these investments :confused:

There are hundreds of companies doing research on cancer. If any of these companies are successful, you can bet they will make large profits.

My point is that it is the Spore gov't that is pouring money into this. A gov't is supposed to look after the country & people.

If they want to do private business they should leave he gov't & let others lead the country.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
the moment i saw your last post, i realised i am talking to an idiot. you know nuts about research, funding, grants etc. please if you know nothing, zero about a topic. keep your fucking mouth shut

what is it so hard to understand why govt has to lure big pharma to setup here? use your fucking brain. it simply shows that all your supplement is not working, 100 percent of your brain are on vacation.

your fucking econ lecturer never tell you surely if the results obtain locally will benefit the local in terms of cost when it comes to application? even taxi uncle will know it create jobs luring these people here(these are real talents the top one, but fucking unfortunately its idiots like you in the govt that are making policy that lure tons of fake one in as well)

now anymore repeated obvious stupid questions?

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
i strongly discourage forumer to listen to this idiots about taking those supplement. his scientific understanding is zero as far as i am concern.

if you guys wish to follow this nut case taking drugs and spoiling your own health, go ahead. as far as i know, those website are not properly regulated by HSA and FDA. in fact its advisable if anyone know this fellow in real life if he is selling the drugs, report him to the authority.