• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vitamin C can curb cancer growth, say New Zealand researchers

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To Johnny how much do you. Spend on all that stuff? 700 usd per month and u're probably going to take it for life correct?

US$700 for 3 or 4 months of supplements. When I was going to my cardiologists he was charging me about SIN$400 to $500 for 1 months supply of medications. :(

At least with supplements I'm working on strengthening the body against other illnesses such as cancer. Heart problem is reversible. It's just that I'm still working on identifying the best & cheapest mix of supplementation that'll do the job.

People get the wrong idea about supplements. It should be taken when you are healthy & not after you get ill. The reason I'm taking an intense amount of supplementation is to reverse a serious condition, Once I improve I should be able to reduce & focus on other parts of the body. It's only when you loose your health that you realise it's priceless.

Oh I forgot to mention that a good investment is an FIR sauna for $450. It helps in detoxing, relaxing, weight loss, etc

I've talked to many other Sporeans & many are spending $600+ monthly on meds & supplements. It's the price of getting old in Spore.

When you get older there's not much you can do anyway. You'll find you have to cut back on the rich foods, no more late nights, ... so might as well invest in your health :rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i strongly discourage forumer to listen to this idiots about taking those supplement. his scientific understanding is zero as far as i am concern.

if you guys wish to follow this nut case taking drugs and spoiling your own health, go ahead. as far as i know, those website are not properly regulated by HSA and FDA. in fact its advisable if anyone know this fellow in real life if he is selling the drugs, report him to the authority.

For your information all the products from iHerb do not need FDA approval because they don't sell medication :smile:

I've bought plenty of different products & nothing has ever been seized by Spore customs.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
for your information all the products from iherb do not need fda approval because they don't sell medication :smile:

i've bought plenty of different products & nothing has ever been seized by spore customs.

for your fucking info stop spreading the wrong things. i conclued you HAVE ZERO IDEA in this area.

even food is regulated by fda. Even toothpaste, chew gum. anything that enters in your mouth orally taken, is regulated by FDA in USA. Sg HSA is a shadow of FDA, if FDA say yes we follow. even cosmetic is regulated by FDA. those stuff you buy(which i think you are the one selling) IS ALSO UNDER FDA REGULATORY IF IT IS TO BE SOLD IN US.

If you know shit, shut up. don't feed others the wrong things. just your luck i am trained in this area. you can fool majority here but not me. i dare you to open a legal shop here selling those shit. i bet it will be seize in few weeks to months time. how about give it a try?

i hate idiots who use others health to make a fortune. people of this type is what i disdain most.

you claim to buy it, but from the way i see it you are the one selling it

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.fda.gov/food/dietarysupplements/default.htm

spread some more wrong info come, let me disclose all your lies here. fucking business man. don't need FDA approval your fucking ass.

if dare to sell as supplement WHY NOT HAVE ANY FDA/HSA APPROVAL?

http://www.fda.gov/Food/DietarySupplements/ucm109764.htm

the following are supplements that are newly filed for approval which contains things like natural plant extracts etc, common health supplement by major well recognised companies.

anyone wish to listen to his shit go ahead. you have being warned.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.fda.gov/food/dietarysupplements/default.htm

spread some more wrong info come, let me disclose all your lies here. fucking business man. don't need FDA approval your fucking ass.

if dare to sell as supplement WHY NOT HAVE ANY FDA/HSA APPROVAL?

http://www.fda.gov/Food/DietarySupplements/ucm109764.htm

the following are supplements that are newly filed for approval which contains things like natural plant extracts etc, common health supplement by major well recognised companies.

anyone wish to listen to his shit go ahead. you have being warned.

Don't you even read what you quote :biggrin:

Let me quote

"Generally, manufacturers do not need to register their products with FDA nor get FDA approval before producing or selling dietary supplements.* Manufacturers must make sure that product label information is truthful and not misleading."

The same is true even with Spore.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm no expert in this field but what I understand is medication needs prior FDA approval before being made available to public; other foods don't need prior approval but FDA can disapprove it later if something's found to be wrong with it.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm no expert in this field but what I understand is medication needs prior FDA approval before being made available to public; other foods don't need prior approval but FDA can disapprove it later if something's found to be wrong with it.

Yes, that's right.

Even in Spore the HSA only requires proper labelling of foods & the address of the importer so they know who to contact if there are issues. :smile:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't you even read what you quote :biggrin:

Let me quote

"Generally, manufacturers do not need to register their products with FDA nor get FDA approval before producing or selling dietary supplements.* Manufacturers must make sure that product label information is truthful and not misleading."

The same is true even with Spore.

HELLO FUCKER

YOU ONLY READ AND QUOTE WHAT FAVOURS YOU.

WHAT ABT THE LINE BELOW?

*Domestic and foreign facilities that manufacture/process, pack, or hold food for human or animal consumption in the United States are required to register their facility with the FDA. For more information, see Registration of Food Facilities.

NOT REGULATED BY FDA? FUCK YOU. I STUDY ONE FUCKING YEAR ON THIS. producing anything that goes into the mouth is tougher than what you think

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HELLO FUCKER

WHAT ABT THE LINE BELOW?

*Domestic and foreign facilities that manufacture/process, pack, or hold food for human or animal consumption in the United States are required to register their facility with the FDA. For more information, see Registration of Food Facilities.

NOT REGULATED BY FDA? FUCK YOU. I STUDY ONE FUCKING YEAR ON THIS. producing anything that goes into the mouth is tougher than what you think

Of course lah,
I'm pointing to the passages that supports my argument :eek: Aren't you also doing the same:confused:
Why are the people supporting the PAP so thin skinned ?

I have no connection to the gov't or Astars. My criticism is as a tax payer & a citizen of Spore. Personally don't think the gov't should be in businesses such as susbsidising groups like Astar. There are more important things the gov't should be doing: hospitals, welfare of the citizens, drainage to prevent floods,...

I understand you've got links to groups like Astar & just trying to defend your rice bowl. If you had no connection with Astar would you be so quick to defend it?

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
HELLO FUCKER

WHAT ABT THE LINE BELOW?

we can see that you are getting frustrated , watch your high blood pressure! No need to be so loud, we read you clearly.

From your source...What is FDA's role in regulating dietary supplements versus the manufacturer's responsibility for marketing them?.."Under DSHEA, a firm is responsible for determining that the dietary supplements it manufactures or distributes are safe and that any representations or claims made about them are substantiated by adequate evidence to show that they are not false or misleading. This means that dietary supplements do not need approval from FDA before they are marketed. Except in the case of a new dietary ingredient, where pre-market review for safety data and other information is required by law, a firm does not have to provide FDA with the evidence it relies on to substantiate safety or effectiveness before or after it markets its products.

Maybe our understanding of English not so good but I belong to the camp that believe supplements does help to improve health if you pick the correct one, the tough part is which is reliable and of correct amount that is effective for your body . I once took a cholesterol controlling medication that was approved by FDA , my doc said it is safe and maybe 1 in 10,000 may have side effect. Well I was the 1 in 10,000 felling muscle ache and back ache after consuming 3 months, a year later it was withdraw from SG mkt .So much for my faith with FDA. Now I totally agreed with the label on some high dosage medication "POISON" , check it, it is usually on medication with prescription. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What about Centrum and Redoxon, quite commonly seen brands in both western and traditional Chinese pharmacies.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Synthesised meaning? Chemically concocted not from natural ingredients?

Yes not from natural ingredrients,

My mother was taking Centrum but after I read an advertisement in the Life Extension Magazine (at the Bishan public library ) comparing Centrum with one of their "Life Extension Two Per day tablets" products I got her to switch:

http://www.iherb.com/Life-Extension-Two-Per-Day-Tablets-120-Veggie-Tabs/22237?at=0

Not only are some ingedients synthetic but the amount of some of the vitamins dosages is higher in the Two Per Day product. Sorry couldn't find a soft copy of the ad.

Life Extension is a good ad brand, not only do they have their own products, magazine but they do their own studies. You can read their magazine on-line here, current & past copies:

http://www.lef.org/magazine/index.htm

Just to note that at iHerb, the Life Extension 2 Per Day Capsules product occupes #30 out of their 100 most popular products sold.
http://www.iherb.com/TopSellers

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
i said enough, go ahead and kill yourself by buying those stuff from unknown companies

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and when i click on the supplier i got an even bigger shock. they have tons of supplies but i cannot find a single major big company names that is in related field. eg. Mercks, abbot, GSK, nestle. you guys don't find anything fishy? that's amazing.

best part maybe its because i am ignorance, but after so many years of dealing with suppliers, I HAD HEARD NONE OF THEM ON THE LIST.

see this at the fine print bottom, what a way to cover backside
P
http://www.iherb.com/Cholestatin

Please If you want to criticise at least try to get your facts straight. :rolleyes:

Merck, Abbot, & GSK are pharma companies. Their products are usually controlled & only available by prescription from a doctor.

Nestle makes consumer products like coffee, You can find healthy specialty coffees at iHerb. Products which you will only find at health stores. While Nestle is targetting NTUC, Cold Storage

iHerb carries many brands of health products from Europe, US, Japan, Israel.. You will find some of the same products, sold in Spore at a higher price at Natures Farm.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i said enough, go ahead and kill yourself by buying those stuff from unknown companies

When you eventually get sick

You will have to make a choice to make

1) Trust your friendly doctor

Easy & expensive solution that might /might not work.
Your doctor will be more than happy to presribe all those expensive medication.

FYI, I was presribed medication by my cardiologist. Many of them dangerous. Another doctor told me that eventually the medication would have stopped working.

2) Look for a longer term solution

It may require you to think out of the box.
You'll have to educate yourself. It means time to talking to people, reading the various health journals, books etc.

I'm only sharing my experiences & always looking out for useful info,
It's your health your decision and not about winning an argument.

Have a nice day :smile:

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
great help bro esp about having the will to seek alternatives when you have chronic illness...i will be starting another thread on health of singaporeans in another thread, do contribute...

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about putting your points across without mentioning brands or their website. A website with no preference to a particular brand would send a stronger message than any article from the company promoting their own brand.:smile: